Paul Lambert

limpid

Lacking direction, maybe, probably in fact.

But I think they're all playing for the manager still. I've seen nothing to suggest that the players aren't motivated apart from possibly Benteke.

Surely one leads to the other? If you havent got any clear direction then you will eventually lose motivation. Im just wondering with all the crap thats gone one with Culverhouse/Karsa/Keane wether or not Lambert has come into question in the dressing room. He must have at some point. The fact that he watched Bayern Munich train a couple of times and then decided to change everything about how we play must have raised a few eyebrows too, I know if I was a player I would be asking what the hell is he doing! Maybe I'm reading into it too much although I cant help but think that there must be a reason why Lambert cannot get this group of players to perform well

Lambert won't be sacked and he won't be given any new coaches to work with. Everything will stay the same until the summer at which time Lerner will decide what to do based upon how the takeover situation is looking. I myself can't see a scenario where Lambert is fired.

Here is my view: A manager does not control, direct and motivate a team of 25 squad players on his own, although he is accountable. The management team aren't doing a good job and Lambert is accountable. But, what would his arguement be?. Well, he doesn't have a true, experienced and gifted Assistant Manager. I also couldn't say with confidence that AVFC have replaced the Coaches that have left/been sacked adequately. After all, if finances are squeezed on the pitch (one of the most important aspects of a Football club to spend money on), then finances will be squeezed off it too.

With the right support Lambert would do the job of getting us in the top half in my opinion. Without it, evidently he is struggling to stay in control.

I look at the squad and see a top 10 team (at least). Getting the best out of that team is the problem. Sacking Lambert won't solve it in my opinion. Supporting Lambert and employing a good assistant and coach or two would. I also think employing good coaches would be a lot easier, cheaper and less de-stabilising than a relegation or Sacking Lambert. Go on Randy, do the right think (I assume he reads this thread?).

To some, this may sound as though I am scratching around for reasons to stick with Lambo. Maybe I am.

Get rid of Lambert he lacks direction and control, replace him with a new manger and enable the new manager to bring his own backroom team. Lets have a clean slate, start over and get things going again. Look at Pulis and Pardew with WBA and Palace respectivley, Yhey look like different teams all of a sudden. I think Lambert is going, and I think thats why there is no new assistant yet.

Lambert won't be sacked and he won't be given any new coaches to work with. Everything will stay the same until the summer at which time Lerner will decide what to do based upon how the takeover situation is looking. I myself can't see a scenario where Lambert is fired.

He has to go if Hull win and I think he will if that happens

Paul Lambert has lost 49 of his 100 league matches in charge of Villa, who have only scored 98 goals in that period. Only Mick McCarthy, with Sunderland, has lost more times after a century of Premier League matches with the same club.

Ouch. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31106383

A nice wave of the bat to the crowd tonight for his half-century then.

• Like 1

My spidey senses tell me the board will wield the axe if he loses tonight, before any more damage is done.

you need to get better senses

That's not a familiar word on here is it? I wouldn't associate this with VT!!! Only kidding!!!  :P Trying to lighten the mood before the match thread goes into overdrive later!!  ;)

Could be his last game in charge tonight if it all goes tits up.......

I think if we lose tonight then he will get sacked.

If we lose tonight and he doesn't get sacked then he really is unsackable this season, imo.

I don't think he would get sacked even if were relegated. He has got a team promoted in the past so Lerner will probably see him as the ideal manager.

Here is my view: A manager does not control, direct and motivate a team of 25 squad players on his own, although he is accountable. The management team aren't doing a good job and Lambert is accountable. But, what would his arguement be?. Well, he doesn't have a true, experienced and gifted Assistant Manager. I also couldn't say with confidence that AVFC have replaced the Coaches that have left/been sacked adequately. After all, if finances are squeezed on the pitch (one of the most important aspects of a Football club to spend money on), then finances will be squeezed off it too.

With the right support Lambert would do the job of getting us in the top half in my opinion. Without it, evidently he is struggling to stay in control.

I look at the squad and see a top 10 team (at least). Getting the best out of that team is the problem. Sacking Lambert won't solve it in my opinion. Supporting Lambert and employing a good assistant and coach or two would. I also think employing good coaches would be a lot easier, cheaper and less de-stabilising than a relegation or Sacking Lambert. Go on Randy, do the right think (I assume he reads this thread?).

To some, this may sound as though I am scratching around for reasons to stick with Lambo. Maybe I am.

Get rid of Lambert he lacks direction and control, replace him with a new manger and enable the new manager to bring his own backroom team. Lets have a clean slate, start over and get things going again. Look at Pulis and Pardew with WBA and Palace respectivley, Yhey look like different teams all of a sudden. I think Lambert is going, and I think thats why there is no new assistant yet.

That's a thought for why there is still no new assistant. If Lerner was to sack him surely it can't just be on tonight's result. Or can it?

Lacking direction, maybe, probably in fact.

But I think they're all playing for the manager still. I've seen nothing to suggest that the players aren't motivated apart from possibly Benteke.

I agree. Don't think the players lack motivation but I do think they lack the quality in relation to want Lambert wants from them. It's like he is trying to apply a pressing possession game without the players to do us. Its almost like he has no idea how to play to the strengths of the players he has.

I almost think he is better off going back to defensive counter attacking football. It wasn't the prettiest but it worked.

The axe SHOULD fall if we lose or are poor tonight, I think this would be the case at any other of our premier league counterparts. unfortunately, I don't see anybody that is involved with the running of the club with the instinct, the knowledge of the game, the passion for AVFC and the balls to make this decision, one thing our last chairman never lacked. He was in no way or shape the perfect chairman, but it felt so much different to now knowing we had somebody at the club like that, along with Steve Stride. Im going to say it.. I preferred it when HDE was here??

I would love it if PL went on to win the next 5 games on the bounce and shut a few people up, I genuinely think he is a good guy and the fact we are so poor and can not compete financially with clubs like Stoke and Swansea frustrates and baffles the hell out of him as it does all of us. He left a nice cushy job at Norwich, knowing how Sh*t* we were after his Norwich side embarrassed us at carrow road a few years ago, the same day we all chanted his name as our next manager.

The sad fact is.. it hasn't worked.. and maybe with more time (exhausting I know) he would get it right here but time is one thing we do not have right now, we need somebody who can take this club by the scruff of its neck until the end of the season and get villa park boucing again! even if we fell short.. knowing we did everything possible to maintain our status as a premier league ever present (all we have to cling on to these days) will help the mood going into next seasons fight to bounce straight back (nothing less expected for the size of this club)

Quite honestly, I don't know who that guy would be.. and I would love it to be PL, but sadly it wont be.

I believe that when Lambert and Villa part company he will never manage a club in the premiership again.

I strongly believe the exact opposite.

Me too.

In fact I'd back him to be successful at his next club as he was at his previous clubs. There's more wrong with this club than Lambert, although I recognise he's a huge part of it.

I've said it many times, I think given a different set of circumstances (money, players, etc), Lambert would do really well.

And y'know what, I hope he does. I have nothing against him personally and think he has a good future as a football manager. Just, perhaps, not under these conditions and with a bit of better luck/PL experience.

I believe that when Lambert and Villa part company he will never manage a club in the premiership again.

I strongly believe the exact opposite.

Me too.

In fact I'd back him to be successful at his next club as he was at his previous clubs. There's more wrong with this club than Lambert, although I recognise he's a huge part of it.

He was succesful at Norwich, one hit wonder. He failed everywhere else

Â