Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

Worried that we mught get a result against Chelsea? Seriously??? The removal of the manager is more important to you than your team winning?

I suppose the worry is it would be a freak result and we would sink back to the normal run of dire results after that but Lambert would have been reprieved just long enough to make it too late to get rid of him.

Thats exectly what my worry is because its exactly what happens time after time. He flukes a couple of decent results then manages to oversee about 15 crap performances

• Like 1

Given a simple choice of a 0-0 draw against Chelsea and Lambert staying or a 5-0 defeat and seeing him definitely be sacked, then I would take the latter. Such is my desire to see him gone as he is destroying this club. It is wrong to want that, I put my hands up to that and I would only want that if it definitely guaranteed his removal from the club (more of a hypothetical scenario really)

As it is, he'll be here regardless of the result so it is a moot point and as such we all need to hope and pray he somehow manages to scrape enough points for survival. 

My concern is people are looking ahead to the 'easier' games but we had those before Christmas as well (WBA and Leicester away and Sunderland and Palace at home) and it yielded 2 points and 0 goals. 

• Like 4

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

Worried that we mught get a result against Chelsea? Seriously??? The removal of the manager is more important to you than your team winning?

Lambert staying employed certainly seems your number one priority over your team getting results.

Lambert staying employed certainly seems your number one priority over your team getting results.

Based on what?

• Like 1

Are you on the wind up today? How could you possibly suggest anyone would put the manager ahead of the team getting results?

• Like 1

I'd say given our desperate need for points and the fact we've managed to get 12 of them from our last 19 games.  Being desperate for the manager to stay suggests actually caring more about him than the club picking up points.  What is anyone basing wanting lambert to stay for the best of the club on? 

I suppose the worry is it would be a freak result and we would sink back to the normal run of dire results after that but Lambert would have been reprieved just long enough to make it too late to get rid of him.

Thats exectly what my worry is because its exactly what happens time after time. He flukes a couple of decent results then manages to oversee about 15 crap performances

He always seems to pull these results out sometimes which paper over the cracks

Like the blackpool result for example

I'm not saying i don't want 3 points because i don't want to be relegated but it does happen the only light is at the end of the season if were sold and he's finally gone until then unfortunately were stuck with him

Edited by AshVilla

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

I've always found it pathetic when people make comments like that. KHV your hate for the manager is seemingly stronger than the desire to see "your" supposed club do well and stay in the division. I don't get it!

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

I've always found it pathetic when people make comments like that. KHV your hate for the manager is seemingly stronger than the desire to see "your" supposed club do well and stay in the division. I don't get it!

• Like 2

I'd say given our desperate need for points and the fact we've managed to get 12 of them from our last 19 games.  Being desperate for the manager to stay suggests actually caring more about him than the club picking up points.  What is anyone basing wanting lambert to stay for the best of the club on? 

No it doesn't - it suggests that he believes in the manager more than we do. Personally I don't back Lambert at all, but from Richard's point of view he sees sticking with Lambert as our best chance of getting points.

The accusation was ridiculous.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

The club will NEVER do well with this idiot in charge. He always seems to pull a result out of the bag then we have to put up with another 12 weeks of utter shite. Im sick and tired of this drained mumbling washed up excuse of a man attempting to be in charge of our football club. He has broken every crap record in the clubs history book and yet is somehow allowed to continue week in week making a complete shambles of everything and churning out some of the worst drivel I have ever heard in press conferences. He is pathetic, he needs to go, he should have gone after the Bradford embarrassment. This is probably the worst Villa team I have ever seen play, and that includes the team that was last relegated in the mid 80's.

• Like 3

Emotions are understandably running high but I think some of us need to get a bit of perspective here. Getting into a mindset of wanting us to lose to stick another nail in the managers coffin does no good at all. I think it is one thing letting off steam on here but if enough people went to a game with those thoughts we are hardly setting ourselves up to be getting behind the players are we.

I am sure a defeat especially a heavy one does push Lambert a little closer to the trap door. It is also pushes us closer to the drop and in the case of a heavy defeat would be another blow to a bunch of players already approaching rock bottom in terms of confidence.

As soon as we kick off in any game then any ill feeling towards the manger should be put to one side because as things stand now come match day points on the board are the be all and end all for us.

• Like 2

The club will NEVER do well with this idiot in charge. He always seems to pull a result out of the bag then we have to put up with another 12 weeks of utter shite. Im sick and tired of this drained mumbling washed up excuse of a man attempting to be in charge of our football club. He has broken every crap record in the clubs history book and yet is somehow allowed to continue week in week making a complete shambles of everything and churning out some of the worst drivel I have ever heard in press conferences. He is pathetic, he needs to go, he should have gone after the Bradford embarrassment. This is probably the worst Villa team I have ever seen play, and that includes the team that was last relegated in the mid 80's.

Chill, it's Wednesday.

• Like 1

I know where fans are coming from, basically 3 points at Chelsea, or if we lost and it was guaranteed Lambert's last game what would we choose. I certainly know what I would want and I know what one or two 'others' would want. My opinion ofcourse :)

I know where fans are coming from, basically 3 points at Chelsea, or if we lost and it was guaranteed Lambert's last game what would we choose. I certainly know what I would want and I know what one or two 'others' would want. My opinion ofcourse :)

You're comparing a scenario that will happen (we will get 3 points if we beat Chelsea) against a scenario that MIGHT happen (Lambert leaving if we lose)

That's ridiculous.

If you said 'I know where fans are coming from, basically 3 points at Chelsea, or if we lost and it gets Lambert closer to being sacked' then it would be a fairer argument, but even then.

Lambert isn't going to be judged on results against the top 4 whether we want him to be or not.

And (because I feel like I need to write a disclaimer in case I get confused with being a 'Lambert support) I want Lambert gone.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I for one hope we turn over Chelsea. The board has already said they're behind Lambert and they're not gonna sack him for losing to the league leaders.

Best we can hope for this season is staying up. There's no coming back for Lambert and I'd put a large wad on him not being here next season, but right now, with what we know, we need to survive, something we can only do with points.

• Like 1

Â