Paul Lambert

limpid

Here's a question for all those that are currently sticking by Lambert.

What would it take for you to change your opinions and want him gone from the Villa?

I'm not sticking by nor going against Lambert. I'm not a Lambert supporter nor am I anti-Lambert.

But I still feel it's more dangerous to change the manager right now than it is to keep the current regime for a little while longer to see if it picks up.

This season has been awful, mainly I think due to an ill-advised complete change of style of play. Most people on here were asking for it, but it just shows the masses shouldn't be listened to.

If we get to a few games after Chelsea and we're in dire straits then it'll probably be best to part company, even if someone else coming in may or may do not any better.

It may be true that the change of style has affected us....but be sure, no one on here was asking for this style we are witnessing.

possession football was requested, but not in your own half for as long a period as we harbour it.....and equally, we were asking for a bit better possession not possession for the sake of it.

Football is not complicated you need to mix it up, possession, a bit of direct play when called for, the odd long ball a bit of short passing and moving.... you simply can't rely on one style during a game or you will render yourself predictable. 

To those that think that the manager shouldn't be sacked, and that it would be a risk to do so, what do they think may be the detrimental effect, in terms of what matters - results, if he were to be sacked?

I think we would not have the same upturn in results that we'll get with the same man in charge. I think as it is we have more chance of getting some results to climb away from danger, whereas another manager who doesn't know the players and their strengths and weaknesses would just keep losing.

There have been managers of Aston Villa Football Club who have been sacked under such absurd conditions i.e Tony Barton and in contrast we now have a Manager existing under such Absurd conditions.

They certainly do baffle us at times.

They want come and see some of their decisions from our perspective....it might enlighten them.

I remember Doug being very sack happy. The first sign of trouble the manager would be out.

We were quite successful since the start of the premier league, few cup finals, ever present in the top flight.

Yet at the start of the premier league we were similar in power and potential to Man Utd. The difference since then - they've had 1 manager until Moyes, we've had 9.

If you choose the right man....you can do that

If you don't....you have to do like us.

There have been managers of Aston Villa Football Club who have been sacked under such absurd conditions i.e Tony Barton and in contrast we now have a Manager existing under such Absurd conditions.

They want come and see some of their decisions from our perspective....it might enlighten them.

I remember Doug being very sack happy. The first sign of trouble the manager would be out.

We were quite successful since the start of the premier league, few cup finals, ever present in the top flight.

Yet at the start of the premier league we were similar in power and potential to Man Utd. The difference since then - they've had 1 manager until Moyes, we've had 9.

Yeah but in 1992/93 season (which for me was pivotal in shaping modern English football) United had Ferguson and we had Atkinson, had it been the other way around then we'd more than likely have had one manager for the next twenty years!

• Like 3

To those that think that the manager shouldn't be sacked, and that it would be a risk to do so, what do they think may be the detrimental effect, in terms of what matters - results, if he were to be sacked?

I think we would not have the same upturn in results that we'll get with the same man in charge. I think as it is we have more chance of getting some results to climb away from danger, whereas another manager who doesn't know the players and their strengths and weaknesses would just keep losing.

What makes you think things will turn?, what is it that gives you that impression?

The only thing I can say to fans who still want to give him a chance, (which ok, is there opinion) is honestly for me, its not even about the losses, any poor manager can go on a bit of a losing run. The fact is, its the lack of goals scored and that he seems to have no idea where the next goal is coming from, Its close to amateur with a squad like ours.

Yeah but in 1992/93 season (which for me was pivotal in shaping modern English football) United had Ferguson and we had Atkinson, had it been the other way around then we'd more than likely have had one manager for the next twenty years!
Can't disagree there. It absolutely was pivotal. If we could've held on to first we could be where Man U are now. We could also have been a lot more successful had Doug invested at the same level as them too. Or we could be Leeds.

At first I was pro Lambert. Then I was neutral Lambert. Then reluctantly some time last season  probably after Swansea, I was Anti Lambert. Now I just don't know what to think anymore. He ain't going no matter what we think.

for sure, the irony of all this....in the light of all the stats....i think we would ALL be shocked if he was sacked....thats how absurd it has got.

• Like 1

What makes you think things will turn?, what is it that gives you that impression?
Just pure guesswork based on my own understanding of how the percentages affect the chance.

The only thing I can say to fans who still want to give him a chance, (which ok, is there opinion) is honestly for me, its not even about the losses, any poor manager can go on a bit of a losing run. The fact is, its the lack of goals scored and that he seems to have no idea where the next goal is coming from, Its close to amateur with a squad like ours.

Agreed. It's pretty shockingly bad. Whatever happens at the end of the season some questions need to be asked and answered.

We've had at least 3 games this season that have been around 25 - 27k in attendance, that's 15k people staying away they aren't listening to that either...

Imagine 12,000 including 3000+ away fans against Chelsea

You telling me they won't take notice of that?

That's never going to happen though is it? Add in the once a season fans, the tourists, those that hav bought season tickets so see it as a waste of money not going, those who have been going for 50+ years and seen it all before, we won't drop below 20k for a midweek game on tv in shit weather

We've had at least 3 games this season that have been around 25 - 27k in attendance, that's 15k people staying away they aren't listening to that either...

Imagine 12,000 including 3000+ away fans against Chelsea

You telling me they won't take notice of that?

That's never going to happen though is it? Add in the once a season fans, the tourists, those that hav bought season tickets so see it as a waste of money not going, those who have been going for 50+ years and seen it all before, we won't drop below 20k for a midweek game on tv in shit weather

Just wait til next season. If is still the dream Lernerbert ticket we will be getting 25,000 at best for most games.

But...but...Lambert keeps losing.  We've had nearly three years of it.

• Like 1

What would it take for you to change your opinions and want him gone from the Villa?

I'm not sticking by nor going against Lambert. I'm not a Lambert supporter nor am I anti-Lambert.

But I still feel it's more dangerous to change the manager right now than it is to keep the current regime for a little while longer to see if it picks up.

This season has been awful, mainly I think due to an ill-advised complete change of style of play. Most people on here were asking for it, but it just shows the masses shouldn't be listened to.

If we get to a few games after Chelsea and we're in dire straits then it'll probably be best to part company, even if someone else coming in may or may do not any better.

Same here.

I'm not having a go here so please don't think I am. I am genuinely trying to get an idea for how bad it must get before people say enough is enough.

So, what if we go say four more games without a win and still we're not in the bottom three, would you change your opinion of him then or would it take dropping into the bottom three to do that?

But...but...Lambert keeps losing. We've had nearly three years of it.

I realise it looks like blind faith and part of it probably is. But reducing everything down to its simplest form a manager stumbling having done half the job has more potential to turn it round than someone coming in fresh?

That's the way I see it anyway. Which is surprising as I normally like a bit of chaos and change for change's sake.

Same here.

I'm not having a go here so please don't think I am. I am genuinely trying to get an idea for how bad it must get before people say enough is enough.

So, what if we go say four more games without a win and still we're not in the bottom three, would you change your opinion of him then or would it take dropping into the bottom three to do that?

But that's what I was trying to say. People seem to think others aren't advocating sacking the manager right now because they support or like the man. It's not that at all, it's a simple calculation of risk. I've already said that I think the next opportunity is the few games after Chelsea. Depending on results there, if we're still doing this badly, we may as well twist.

Same here.

you are in danger now of making me laugh....and it is clearly not a laughing matter.

you are beginning to sound like "Martin Lewis on the money saving expert"

sorry, its all a bloody shame.

Same here.

you are in danger now of making me laugh....and it is clearly not a laughing matter.

you are beginning to sound like "Martin Lewis on the money saving expert"

sorry, its all a bloody shame.

Funny you should mention Martin Lewis. I heard Lerner's been enquiring about his knowledge of football!

Â