Paul Lambert

limpid

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

Yesterday: Oh Lambert doesn't have enough money, you need money to beat teams.

Today: Look! Look! Other teams lose games (against teams with no money).

Moral of the story. Don't blame money for the ineptness of the current manager.

Pathetic :D
Really? We've been told for weeks and weeks you need money to win games, now suddenly teams who don't have money win big games and having no money isn't an issue? What's that all about? Weird eh?
You're confusing the impact of money on a single match with the impact of money over 40-50 matches in a season. The point being made is that occasionally lower league teams beat bigger teams, and our failures in the cup under Lambert aren't particularly remarkable. I've pointed out before that we've won as many games against lower league teams as we've lost, which isn't great but not horrendous.
Well said, cup upsets happen and the manager shouldn't be slated for them. If mighty Chelsea can lose to Bradford then so can we.
They do happen. The issue is when they consistently happen and you're shit in the league. Again no sure why some look at one cup loss in isolation.

We've lost 3 times, we've won more than we've lost but people are obsessed with mentioning those 3 games.

Well that's the beauty of the cup, when you lose you cant lose again cos you are out of the cup. You can't lose more then once a year in the bloody thing.

I wish this prick would just leave. He has got to be one of if not the biggest stain on our history. He completely lost me today with his comments regarding Delph signing. ( which is fantastic news and he does deserve some credit where & its due) on how it's a real coup we got him to sign. How about being positive for once you **** Scottish Wino ! Is it really any coincidence the team seems to portray his media persona . Boring , uninspiring lacking belief or conviction. Yeah it is probabally a coup but actually talk us up for once.

Give it a rest mate. By all means give Lambert stick for the way the team is performing but he's never talked the club down, far from it. I've just watched the clip and I have no idea what you're on about. 

He has told us that our expectations are not realistic, I think that's talking the club down.

Give it a rest mate. By all means give Lambert stick for the way the team is performing but he's never talked the club down, far from it. I've just watched the clip and I have no idea what you're on about.

""To have him commit is a massive, massive coup for us."

Lambert on the bbc website .

We are awful but he just adds to the sense of desperateness he doesn't inspire the fans or players with his drabness. Coupled with the performance so far today has to go by the summer

He has told us that our expectations are not realistic, I think that's talking the club down.

Where? He's said we're used to better - not the same thing. 

We are awful but he just adds to the sense of desperateness he doesn't inspire the fans or players with his drabness. Coupled with the performance so far today has to go by the summer

It is a coup. Nooone was expecting him to sign. And you're moaning about the performance when we're winning the game because of a wondergoal from a player that Lambert has just signed. Pathetic.

• Like 2

Responded before the goal went in to be fair. And it's the Managers jobs to sign players to do that so what's your point? Whoopee do we are narrowly beating Bournemouth.

He can't be defended anymore, can't hide behind finances. Worst manager statically. Drab uninspiring personality. Ok given the position HE and Lerner have put us in, it could be considered a coup . But what I want is a manager who actually tries to engage the fans and media. He could of easily of said something along the lines of Fabian sees where we want to go and I've persuaded him with the my vision for him and the club . More positive than than "oh aren't little old us lucky "

Said it after the liverpool game, this squad is so much better than what we see on a regular basis.

Excellent second half performance today, good passing, looked dangerous and creative.

Very much looking forward to what this squad could achieve and build on once both the owner and manager depart.

Lambert has done well securing us some good players and Gill looks like a villa star for years to come.

Responded before the goal went in to be fair. And it's the Managers jobs to sign players to do that so what's your point? Whoopee do we are narrowly beating Bournemouth.

He can't be defended anymore, can't hide behind finances. Worst manager statically. Drab uninspiring personality. Ok given the position HE and Lerner have put us in, it could be considered a coup . But what I want is a manager who actually tries to engage the fans and media. He could of easily of said something along the lines of Fabian sees where we want to go and I've persuaded him with the my vision for him and the club . More positive than than "oh aren't little old us lucky "

He could've said absolutely anything and people would find a way to bemoan it.  It really doesn't matter.

(If you look at the Fabian Delph thread, most people were saying he's too good for Villa etc.  Or are the fans wrong?  What is the actual problem here?)

Outplayed for quite of lot of that game and carved open several times, this against a Championship side who I'm told made 8 changes.

Gil really is the only shinning light with decent performances from Weimann, Okore and Clark. The rest were putrid. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Said it after the liverpool game, this squad is so much better than what we see on a regular basis.

Excellent second half performance today, good passing, looked dangerous and creative.

Very much looking forward to what this squad could achieve and build on once both the owner and manager depart.

Lambert has done well securing us some good players and Gill looks like a villa star for years to come.

Seriously.

Give it a **** rest.  It's boring.  :(

• Like 1

It is a coup. Nooone was expecting him to sign. And you're moaning about the performance when we're winning the game because of a wondergoal from a player that Lambert has just signed. Pathetic.

It is a coup. Its like a new signing, imagine if we signed a player like delph now, some people just looking to have a pop at Lambert.

Â