Paul Lambert

limpid

All I'm saying is that football isn't easy. No one has the right tu just turn up and expect to win because they are a bigger or better team. I'll reserve my judgment on the Villa until after the game tomorrow.

Your right on any given day a lower league side can give a top tier side a game and beat them. No manager would deserve pelters simply based on the back of that. I'd imagine if we lose tomorrow that Lambert will get dogs abuse though. It would however be in the context of us being on an absolutely diabolical run and the fact that we had already gone out of one cup competition at home to lower league opposition this season. In fact if we were to go out of the FA Cup against Bournemouth it would be the fifth time out of six cup runs under Lambert that we had lost to lower league opposition.

Those still happy to stick with Lambert surely have to accept that a corner needs to be turned very soon otherwise we continue as we are then we will drop. 12 points from the last 18 games tells us that we need a pretty big upturn in form to get the likely 13-15 points from our last 16 games to stay up. Tomorrow against no more than a half decent side offers the opportunity to get a positive result and gives us something to build off. Failure to win is unthinkable given our position in the league and the growing anti Lambert feeling amongst supporters. The knock on effect of a defeat tomorrow to both our chances of picking up form in the league and the chances of Lambert getting fans on side could be terminal.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

I had a feeling you'd come back with that.

The difference is that the Lambert thing is about opinions, and there are still a few who share mine.

The nett spend argument is something that can be and has been shown to be bollocks using logical argument and maths, and you seem to be the only one who thinks it has any value.

OK then - if that is your view!

Gabriele Marcotti & Uefa seem to think differently! 

Marcotti & Uefa aren't using the nett spend argument to make the point that Lambert has done badly in the transfer market when he plainly hasn't.

Yeah think if we lose tomorrow he'll get a McLeish Bolton reaction at the end.

It won't be a huge crowd but it will be the hardcore and would be another lower league team knocking us out even if Bournemouth are much better than the other jokers who've knocked us out in recent seasons.

I'm bored of NetTalk now, and not just from BTG, also from the people who keep bringing it up in an attempt to prove him wrong again. Just let it go. It's boring.

Agree but you have to have alaugh about something remotely Villa connected or its all just too depressing

10690121_883715858325820_386318738969742

Being put down now by other clubs because of our style of play!!

Seriously who gives a shit what other clubs say?

Just out of curiosity for you local lads... does anyone ever see Paul Lambert around town? does he get hassled? I just wonder if i saw him down the street.. obviously i wont tell him to fark off but i would want to say a few things if i bumped into him!

Why? I thought you were a better man than that to be honest. He's just doing a job, like anyone else. That he's not very good at it should not leave him open to public ridicule, at least certainly not outside his place of work.

Get a bloody grip everyone.

• Like 2

Seriously who gives a shit what other clubs say?

Well I do.

I do not think I am particularly sensitive, but to become the butt of jokes - not good.

Kevin Kilbane summed it up nicely on Football Focus just now - he said such comments are disrespectful to our club and we're still a huge club in English football let alone within Birmingham.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity for you local lads... does anyone ever see Paul Lambert around town? does he get hassled? I just wonder if i saw him down the street.. obviously i wont tell him to fark off but i would want to say a few things if i bumped into him!

Why? I thought you were a better man than that to be honest. He's just doing a job, like anyone else. That he's not very good at it should not leave him open to public ridicule, at least certainly not outside his place of work.

Get a bloody grip everyone.

I didnt mean harsh words. I would just like to question a few of his decisions. Nothing wrong with that. I am genuinely curious and baffled by some of his decisions.

Edited by KSV

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

Yesterday: Oh Lambert doesn't have enough money, you need money to beat teams.

Today: Look! Look! Other teams lose games (against teams with no money).

Moral of the story. Don't blame money for the ineptness of the current manager.

Edited by DK82
  • Like 3

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

to Chelsea 2-3 Bradford! :D

Â