Paul Lambert

limpid

I quite liked this when I saw it.

original.jpg

Was PL the only thing added to that poster because the 3 sentences at the bottom apply perfectly to the final season of the TV show itself.

No, PL was actually in the show but he got lost. He went sideways and backwards but could never find his way off the island.

• Like 1

I didn't create the petition but over 2000 people have added their name to it so it can't be as 'small time' as you have decided to label it.

2000 is nothing. United could run a petition to change the mats on the floor at Old Trafford and probably get 10 times more respondents to be fair. This is a petition about the man who runs our football team and it's only gotten 2000. That's small time

I didn't create the petition but over 2000 people have added their name to it so it can't be as 'small time' as you have decided to label it.

2000 is nothing. United could run a petition to change the mats on the floor at Old Trafford and probably get 10 times more respondents to be fair. This is a petition about the man who runs our football team and it's only gotten 2000. That's small time

It started with one person but if you just like labeling things then go ahead, fill your boots.

It started with one person but if you just like labeling things then go ahead, fill your boots.

There's an old saying that's worth keeping in mind here: online petitions aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

There are much, much better ways to do something. Nobody gives a toss about petitions. You want to scare the owner? Have 40k turn up for a game but don't go inside and stand out in front of Villa park singing. Have the crowd turn their backs on the match for the full 90 minutes in protest of management, but singing their little out to support the players. With a bit of organization beyond typing up a few words on a free petition website, there are plenty of ways to actually help make something happen.

At this stage the owner needs to be embarrassed into action or comment in a big way

• Like 3

I can't be arsed, but if someone wants to, they can estimate how much players we have are worth 'on form'. Like Benteke has to be 25 million, Okore 6 mil e.t.c. Then I would like the minority to tell me why we need Lerner to give us 20-30 million to beat the likes of Leicester, Burnley, Crystal palace, West Brom and don't start me on the lower league teams.

What I am trying to get at is, yes we haven't spent alot, but we all agree Lambert has done well in the transfer market buying players which are worth more. We may say Benteke was 9 million, but on form as said he is maybe 25 million. So if we have players better an maybe worth more than, Leicester, shouldn't we be asking the minority why we are still losing games and struggling to score??

Whoever said this Gil player is gonna turn our fortunes is trippin. Has this not been said with Benteke, Sanchez etc. Lambert can't get anywhere near the best out the players he has got, never mind any new players coming in.

Lambert has got alot out of the defence hasn't he?  Players play in defence so some simple thought leads me me to believe that he has infact got the best out of players such as Clark, Baker , Okore , Senderos , Hutton.  Maybe he knew he had to get the defense sorted and build from there.?   Maybe once he gets in some quality in attack we will start to see Lamberts own team and his style of play, he could of achieved this last season if he had a chairman who backed him but instead he has been trying to plug holes and has had to stick with the likes of Gabby, Wimann etc due to not being in a position to replace them with better quality.  

Suprised no-one has picked up on Lamberts comments in the Mail today : " Expectations outweigh realism at the club"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-reaction-paul-lambert-8430601

So sorry for expecting more than 11 goals from the last 21 games, and 12 points from the last 51.

It seems obvious to me that he is saying we expect to be comfortably mid table cus of our history and after the few years we had under Mon but the reality is that we spend like a championship team so realistically it's an achievement to be still in the league. We just need super timmy sherwood on board and everything will be fine ye?

I do not like his comment one little bit! Most fans have very low expectations now because of Lambert's performance. And, by the way, I believe we have outspent many of the teams in the Premier League, so that is not an excuse. He blames the owner, the strikers, the defence, the budget, and now the fans. 

What about his responsibility?

He is on course for yet another record - the manager who takes us down to the championship.

A petition?

**** hell. So small time.

Don't add your name to it then.

It's for people that want to add their name to it. No need to ridicule someone that cares enough to try to do something about a situation rather than sitting on their backside and letting the mess unfold before their eyes.

I won't, obviously.

I'm not ridiculing anyone. I just think it's smalltime.

Some people like music after goals. Good for them, but its **** small time.

Some people want singing areas at the ground. That's fine but it's small time.

If some people want to sign a petition then great. Good for them. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Its **** small time and it makes me cringe.

• Like 2

You'd get more names on a petition for a new pie flavour on match day

I believe it only started 8 days ago but don't let that fact get in the way of having a cheap laugh.

You would

How many thousands turned up on the steps of the Holte, rattled the gates and shouted we don't want mcleish? And what did he do? This petition is utterly futile, Lerner has already shown he doesn't listen

A petition?

It's for people that want to add their name to it. No need to ridicule someone that cares enough to try to do something about a situation rather than sitting on their backside and letting the mess unfold before their eyes.

I won't, obviously.

If some people want to sign a petition then great. Good for them. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Its **** small time and it makes me cringe.

You seem to be under the illusion that Villa are 'big time'. I've got some bad news for you, we are not and haven't been for a few years and won't be again for quite some while and I think you might find it difficult to find any other fan of a PL team, other than other deluded Villa fans, to say that we are anything other than 'small time'.

I can't be arsed, but if someone wants to, they can estimate how much players we have are worth 'on form'. Like Benteke has to be 25 million, Okore 6 mil e.t.c. Then I would like the minority to tell me why we need Lerner to give us 20-30 million to beat the likes of Leicester, Burnley, Crystal palace, West Brom and don't start me on the lower league teams.

What I am trying to get at is, yes we haven't spent alot, but we all agree Lambert has done well in the transfer market buying players which are worth more. We may say Benteke was 9 million, but on form as said he is maybe 25 million. So if we have players better an maybe worth more than, Leicester, shouldn't we be asking the minority why we are still losing games and struggling to score??

Whoever said this Gil player is gonna turn our fortunes is trippin. Has this not been said with Benteke, Sanchez etc. Lambert can't get anywhere near the best out the players he has got, never mind any new players coming in.

Lambert has got alot out of the defence hasn't he?  Players play in defence so some simple thought leads me me to believe that he has infact got the best out of players such as Clark, Baker , Okore , Senderos , Hutton.  Maybe he knew he had to get the defense sorted and build from there.?   Maybe once he gets in some quality in attack we will start to see Lamberts own team and his style of play, he could of achieved this last season if he had a chairman who backed him but instead he has been trying to plug holes and has had to stick with the likes of Gabby, Wimann etc due to not being in a position to replace them with better quality.  

There's f**** all in this defense is great argument. Its only good because the midfields priority is also defending. The Leicester game when we went direct for 15 minutes the defense nearly collapsed. Watch and study the games if you have too, the whole team bar Benteke and Guzan (though some could argue Guzan now plays his part) are coached defense minded. Can't you see this is most of the reason we cannot score. What the hell are Sissohko an Hutton doing as our main creators going forward. Gabby and Cleverley yesterday have no option but to have one eye on the defense when you have full backs down the bottom of the pitch trying to cross the ball in, this nullifies the midfield and leaves everything to Sanchez with no options, its poor tactics, it'll never work. Godamm I saw Clarke more forward than than benteke an the midfield Saturday.

A petition?

I won't, obviously.

You seem to be under the illusion that Villa are 'big time'. I've got some bad news for you, we are not and haven't been for a few years and won't be again for quite some while and I think you might find it difficult to find any other fan of a PL team, other than other deluded Villa fans, to say that we are anything other than 'small time'.
Now who's lowered their expectations?

You'd get more names on a petition for a new pie flavour on match day

I believe it only started 8 days ago but don't let that fact get in the way of having a cheap laugh.

You would

How many thousands turned up on the steps of the Holte, rattled the gates and shouted we don't want mcleish? And what did he do? This petition is utterly futile, Lerner has already shown he doesn't listen

I think you will find that I deal in facts and I am not misguided by some blind optimism with no substance to the belief.

Â