limpid

Leading Premier League scorers:

Sergio Aguero (Man City) 14 goals

Diego Costa (Chelsea) 14 goals

Charlie Austin (QPR) 12 goals

Aston Villa (Aston Villa) 11 goals

Alexei Sanchez (Arsenal) 10 goals

Lambert out

We are the lowing scoring club amongst the 92 League clubs. The mighty Blackpool who we entertain on Sunday have scored seven more goals that us, that's 164% of our tally.

Another embarrassing statistic served up by our clown of a manager.

I am literally astounded that anyone can defend his tenure at Villa. Every single other club in the leagues would have put him out of his misery months ago.

• Like 2

Lambert out

We are the lowing scoring club amongst the 92 League clubs. The mighty Blackpool who we entertain on Sunday have scored seven more goals that us, that's 164% of our tally.

I am literally astounded that anyone can defend his tenure at Villa. Every single other club in the leagues would have put him out of his misery months ago.

So who is the even bigger clown then? The person who continues to employ him?

Lamberts plodding along scraping a win here and there suits the board down to the ground. He's a clearly a puppet for them who they can control won't moan, request money for transfers etc. There are no other clubs in the league that would have gave him a 4 year deal with his record, he must have thought his lottery numbers had come up. Unfortunately for us he's here for the long haul expect 4 more years of dross either in this league or the championship

Lambert out

Probably but that still does not make Lambert a good manager. Having an inept and spineless owner just prolongs the agony for us fans.

But Heh Ho Tom Fox will increase our 'commercial income'. Trying to gold plate a turd springs to mind.

I don't think anyone on this forum could agree that he would survive at any other club. Thats how we know deep down its a manager issue!!

Lambert?.

I think he'd survive at plenty of other clubs.

With this record? I can't think of many.
With this record is a new caveat to the original question.

Even so, I think there are a fair few clubs who would settle for 12th i n the league at the halfway point.

I'm not using that as a Lambert defence. We shouldn't settle for that going forward.

Lambert out

Probably but that still does not make Lambert a good manager. Having an inept and spineless owner just prolongs the agony for us fans.

But Heh Ho Tom Fox will increase our 'commercial income'. Trying to gold plate a turd springs to mind.

Yep, its going to be a shit few more years or however long Lerner is here and while that is the case the division of opinion will remain.

Martinez appears to be getting found out at Everton, sometimes, you need to be careful what you wish for.

We are still in the PL & ready to come out again fighting when the ownership changes hands-Whether that is next week, next year or in 3 years time.

Its never going to be much different than it is now, regardless of who is in charge-We've just got to accept that we're poor and have little ambition of being anything else.

I honestly believe there is just as much chance of Lambert turning things round as there is of sacking him & starting from scratch again.

• Like 3

Its never going to be much different than it is now, regardless of who is in charge-We've just got to accept that we're poor and have little ambition of being anything else.

Can't agree at all. We should not just accept we're shit. I doubt we'll be a top 8 team but I do believe things can be better under a different manager.

• Like 1

Lambert out

Agreed completely, the team needs new managerial approach, those stats are truly embarrassing

But its got to the stage, if, and I know its a big if, lerner/fox decides to invest a little more, im not sure I want Lambert spending it. Ive no doubt he can find a bargain or 2. But then he has no idea what to do with them on the pitch!!

We need a fresh start (again) lose all the Lambert records.

Edited by foreveryoung

The problem is, from us downwards in the table, all fans will be saying their team is shit.

On our budget, our position tonight (12th) is about as good as we will see. A new manager getting us 9th, 10th or 11th would be a massive gamble, not worth taking. There is as much chance of getting there with Lambert than starting from scratch with someone new.

• Like 3

This season is pretty similar to last season to be fair. We'd only got 18 goals in our first 20 games last season but that was with a fit Benteke and Kozak scoring 7 between them. That pairing have hardly played this season and there's only 2 goals from them.

Also, we had 9 league games without goals at this stage last season. We've had 11 games without goals this time around but, like above, we've been without our two main strikers for most of this season.

Overall it all seems pretty sameish as even the away goals tally is similar - 25 last season and 22 this season.

It all just proves how very little the rest of the team contributes to tithe goals for tally when we are without Benteke and Kozak. Also goes to show that no matter who plays or who coaches, nothing seems to really get any better.

I was willing to give the new system time, but I saw absolutely no improvement today whatsoever. I cringed when I saw the starting line up too, knowing how static we would be. It was a soul destroying performance, you could see the frustration in Sanchez in particular. I felt his pain.

Objectively, I can't understand why he is still in a job here. 12th place or no 12th place, enough had to be enough.

I'll continue to be patient because we have no choice, but if I did we'd be looking for a new manager.

• Like 2

Just heard his post match interview on WM.

Still trying to claim that we have 5 attacking players in our team with Sanchez the only defensive midfielder. Unbelievable.

Really wish he'd stop saying "I couldn't fault the lads for their effort" isn't that the minimum requirement? It's like turning up for work, you just do it

Another sub 30k attendance says it all. Really think we'll see our lowest attendance in a long long time v Blackpool

Does annoy me sometimes how he's so nice to his players

He needs a bit of a nasty streak if players are underperforming he should say it Monk did something similar the other day with Shelvey

I know its part of his job to protect his players but come on enough is enough some players at the club are stealing a living at the minute with their inept performances and they never seem to be brought to account

....didn't keane do that?

Just heard his post match interview on WM.

Still trying to claim that we have 5 attacking players in our team with Sanchez the only defensive midfielder. Unbelievable.

Really wish he'd stop saying "I couldn't fault the lads for their effort" isn't that the minimum requirement? It's like turning up for work, you just do it

Another sub 30k attendance says it all. Really think we'll see our lowest attendance in a long long time v Blackpool

Does annoy me sometimes how he's so nice to his players

He needs a bit of a nasty streak if players are underperforming he should say it Monk did something similar the other day with Shelvey

I know its part of his job to protect his players but come on enough is enough some players at the club are stealing a living at the minute with their inept performances and they never seem to be brought to account

....didn't keane do that?

Lambert out

Charlie Austin outscoring the whole Villa team.

Trust in Lambert!

To think Lambert has had a net spend of more than 11 of the current teams in the premier league since he arrived.

It's already been shown that this stat means nothing at all.  Don't drag it up to be proven wrong again :(

Of course it means something! Another excuse out the window.

5 points off 19th place now with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to play amongst our next 4 league games.

It has a feeling of last season repeating itself again IMO.

Â