Paul Lambert

limpid

There will always be someone that defends Lambert. I guess we have to accept that they will never accept what is staring them in the face. Thank god the majority on here realise what a useless tool Lambert is.

You realise you and the rest of ye are in the minority.

No boos, no Lambert out chants.

We're 12th and have made progress in many areas this season.

Yep you weren't there.

2 defeats in ten matches

Excellent defence

We are dominating possession in most of our matches

Yes we don't score enough but that is something we can improve on with a couple of signings. 

Bet you spanked your monkey over McLeish's Tenure didn't you! Its not hard to have 70% possession football when its in your own half of the pitch. managers with any nous (obviously not ya pal) will allow you to do this all game!

You obviously wasn't at the game. The fans were booing all through the game and at the end, although there weren't many left in the ground!!!

Edited by foreveryoung

I don't understand how the crowd is not chanting against him. I heard it very briefly at Palace away but it's not gone really mainstream. Are we just accepting of the fact our inept chairman will never pull the trigger and we're stuck with this clown?

We're 12th in the bloody league ffs. That's why nobody is chanting at him. It's not his fault Benteke missed his chances today. We had 73% possession and we've a strong defence. We just need the right signings and another striker and some creativity in midfield. 

Go away chap. No defense today and you know it. We have decent enough players to be scoring the odd goal. If you rave we are midtable we should be playing like it. We are only 12th because there are other teams more useless than us. No defense chap none!!!!

Who cares about one bloody day. Just because we didn't win today or recently doesn't mean we are not progressing ffs.

Villa Fans jesus christ we have some utter dung supporters. Sick to death of some of ye. 

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

Moan moan moan moan moan

We are 12th in the league. TWELVTH and people moan. Unbelievable. 

Sick of ye. 

Believe me the majority of fans are sick of people like you. 

• Like 1

The continued use of weimann and gabby as wide players is giving me high blood pressure. Neither did absolutely anything today and it makes a mockery of Lambert saying grealish needs to "earn his place" when he continues to pick these 2 chumps who do knob all week in week out.

We're 12th with a better defence than every team outside the top 4.

In the eyes of an owner, sackable offence?

We're 12th in the worst PL in recent memory with the second lowest goals for record in the whole of EUROPE's top leagues

Lol. Progress

There will always be someone that defends Lambert. I guess we have to accept that they will never accept what is staring them in the face. Thank god the majority on here realise what a useless tool Lambert is.

You realise you and the rest of ye are in the minority. 

No boos, no Lambert out chants. 

We're 12th and have made progress in many areas this season. 

No boos? Think you might want to correct that. 

We have zero consistency, we put in a half decent performance one week and then the next it is awful. We are 4 points off 11th, 3 points off 16.  

Who cares about one bloody day. Just because we didn't win today or recently doesn't mean we are not progressing ffs.

Villa Fans jesus christ we have some utter dung supporters. Sick to death of some of ye. 

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

Moan moan moan moan moan

We are 12th in the league. TWELVTH and people moan. Unbelievable. 

Sick of ye. 

We have less points, are in a worse position and have a worse goal difference than the same point last season (20 games)

Open your eyes - that is not progress!

• Like 2

Thing is, we're always just "one more thing" away from being okay. First is was "we just need this terrible run of fixtures to be out of the way", then it was "we need the first team players back", then it was "we need Benteke back", then "we'll be okay once these suspensions are over." Now we just need "two or three more signings." Surely people who say this sort of thing realise how desperate they sound?

Yup, Reminds me of my poor old Nan when she kept shiting herself!

Edited by Kingman

The key point is simply this....

Lambert has no idea how to set up a team with balance and the right blend of attack and defence. If we attack, we can't defend. If we defend, we can't attack.

This. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that Lambert can keep more than one idea in his head at the same time. Hence his inability to react to the game as it progresses, his insistence on using the same formation regardless of the opposition, and the fact that we now play the ball out from the back all of the time whether we're being pressed high up the pitch or not.

Opposition managers know two things about Villa under Lambert:

1) We'll be unable to break them down, and

2) We won't change our tactics.

• Like 2

Thing is, we're always just "one more thing" away from being okay. First is was "we just need this terrible run of fixtures to be out of the way", then it was "we need the first team players back", then it was "we need Benteke back", then "we'll be okay once these suspensions are over." Now we just need "two or three more signings." Surely people who say this sort of thing realise how desperate they sound?

I think you know who we need

• Like 1

The continued use of weimann and gabby as wide players is giving me high blood pressure. Neither did absolutely anything today and it makes a mockery of Lambert saying grealish needs to "earn his place" when he continues to pick these 2 chumps who do knob all week in week out.

Or you would think at least at half time he could take a chance and play 2 strikers up front with either gabby or Weimann playing in the centre with benteke - that's 2 winnable home games gone with a proper whimper

Â