Paul Lambert

limpid

Shovels, Points of posts.......etc

Sorry but the most recent "points" were along the lines of

"Lambert achieving something that would change the mind of posters who would like to see him gone or give him credit"

Without quoting I was merely stating that I dont believe PL will get us high enough to warrant a change of mind (mine anyway). For results to change, playing style must change "in my opinion" (respect if mines different to yours)

I really cant remember a team scoring so few goals, defensive tactics and backs to the wall defending at defining moments of matches finishing 5/6th or winning a cup.

Like Liverpool, Everton & Spurs are currently experiencing, European football is a different animal to the Premier League & if you don't have the noose & squad, it F**ks up the league position.

Without stating the obvious, would someone name me a team that performs similar to us who achieved 5/6th or won a cup?

Axe well and truly down

It isn't the individual talents that let us down, it is the tactics and shape of the side that lets us down and that is where our current coaching team have got it wrong ...... albeit there are a few small signs of improvement now.

• Like 1

I wonder if I can get a Greasemonkey script to just automatically add a Like to anything markavfc40 posts.

There were encouraging signs in the Leicester game. Not just the result, but the style of play and the spirt among the players. We find ourselves in a position we've been in a few times under Lambert's reign -- the point where we have turned the proverbial corner and are in a good position to kick on. Will we do it this time? Let's find out!

Without stating the obvious, would someone name me a team that performs similar to us who achieved 5/6th or won a cup?

that dross from down the road served up worse shite and won a cup.

McLeish in

:huh:

The problem has arose in consistently getting anything like the best out of them.

Or consistently being able to field his best side?

We've mostly served up shit whenever he's played his best team. He ran out of excuses a long time ago and well you know it.

The problem has arose in consistently getting anything like the best out of them.

We've mostly served up shit whenever he's played his best team. He ran out of excuses a long time ago and well you know it.

no but thanks anyway

Lambert's biggest (most expensive) signings:

Benteke

Kozak

Okore

Sanchez

Remind me, how many times those four have played together in the first 11 again?

There's no doubt he has often been without at least one and usually more of his best players....and I also can't see how anyone could argue that we would almost certainly have had better points totals in all three seasons.....and I would accept it is harder to forge a style ......

For me though these are mitigating factors, nothing more (and nothing less)....I still feel they don't explain/ excuse/justify so many poor and so many negative performances. These include games where the top players have played, and they have included games where we have played poor sides.

There is also the concern that 'such is life' and a decent manager should, over time, be able to lessen the troughs caused by absences, which again I don't think he has.

It may be the answer is injuries but to me it feels more like he himself has chopped and changed his approach to often....and for reasons I can't fathom..., finally settling on a very negative one which in itself encouraged poor performances.

We will no doubt see, as it is obviously unlikely he will be going anywhere in the near future.

• Like 1

I was just thinking about how we are likely to line up tomorrow. I would imagine this will be our front 6 - Sanchez, Cleverley, Delph, Gabby, Weimann and Benteke. I know some may disagree but for me that is as good a front 6 as any outside of last seasons top 7. I also think that I would throw Guzan, Hutton, Cissokho and Vlaar into the bracket of being as good in their respective positions as any of those who line up in any bar the best half dozen teams.

For me Lambert has assembled a very good first 11 and after the summer window I think the squad is actually now very decent in terms of strength in depth. You look at what he has had to spend and I think he has done exceptionally well to have assembled the squad he has. The problem has arose in consistently getting anything like the best out of them. I hope he starts to have more confidence in these lads and starts to send them out with more attacking intent. On their day they are capable of going toe to toe with all but a handful of teams. I think if Lambert had the confidence to let them off their lease more often, which would in turn result in the players playing with more confidence, I think those days would come way more often than they currently do.

This next half dozen games, on the back of the confidence built up and forward momentum gained over the last handful of games, is a real chance for us to let loose and kick on and will for me show whether I was wrong, or right, in wanting Lambert out.

you will come back as a set of scales in your next life, with those balanced views :)

I think you make a good point Mark.....but to be fair even the folk who have said Lambert out....really want him to be successful.

we all want whats best for AVFC

• Like 1

I have always wanted EVERY Manager of Aston Villa to succeed, so Paul Lambert is no exception for me.

Paul Lambert has not had an easy time of things at B6 with both funds and Injuries, particularly to key players. The funds is a bit debatable, but he certainly has not had the Luxury that Martin O'Neill was afforded.

Paul is quoted in Friday's edition of the Birmingham Mail saying that he has stumbled across the partnership that is now impressing of Okore & Clarke.....It was only a few weeks/months ago these two were looking like surplus to requirement and now are likely to keep out Vlaar & Senderos....as they say "what a difference a day makes"......

We all know not everything is set in tablets of stone in football and things do change when form is the topic, because form is so fragile.

I like any Aston Villa Fan, want my team to win and I guess naturally the mood to remove the manager is lessened, when we do just that.

I have always had a notion with regards to Paul Lambert that events drive him rather than he drives events. I have always felt he is reactive rather than proactive Manager, now I may be wrong, but that's just the feeling he gives me.

Managers do stumble across things, but it does not fill me with confidence when they come out and say it......However, I have to say 10 out of 10 for honesty.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Lambert's biggest (most expensive) signings:

Benteke

Kozak

Okore

Sanchez

Remind me, how many times those four have played together in the first 11 again?

they havent ;)

I have always wanted EVERY Manager of Aston Villa to succeed, so Paul Lambert is no exception for me.

Paul Lambert has not had an easy time of things at B6 with both funds and Injuries, particularly to key players. The funds is a bit debatable, but he certainly has not had the Luxury that Martin O'Neill was afforded.

Paul is quoted in Friday's edition of the Birmingham Mail saying that he has stumbled across the partnership that is now impressing of Okore & Clarke.....It was only a few weeks/months ago these two were looking like surplus to requirement and now are likely to keep out Vlaar & Senderos....as they say "what a difference a day makes"......

We all know not everything is set in tablets of stone in football and things do change when form is the topic, because form is so fragile.

I like any Aston Villa Fan, want my team to win and I guess naturally the mood to remove the manager is lessened, when we do just that.

I have always had a notion with regards to Paul Lambert that events drive him rather than he drives events. I have always felt he is reactive rather than proactive Manager, now I may be wrong, but that's just the feeling he gives me.

Managers do stumble across things, but it does not fill me with confidence when they come out and say it......However, I have to say 10 out of 10 for honesty.

There are plenty of reactive managers who are reasonably successful to go with it. Big Sam being one, he has even admitted as such.

Low n behold, just when were given hope, the usual tripe returns. No shots on goal. Pathetic!

nothing to do with being down to ten men since early in the first half then at all?

What an utterly bizarre reaction. 

Â