Paul Lambert

limpid

Sam caught a lot of shit last season but this summer he spent pretty much exactly the same amount of money - it's more about time than just money in his case.

I think what we're seeing now with him and Pardew is that if you don't have top 4 funds, then you'll see time invested into a manager instead.

I have to say, if Benteke goes this summer and we get a decent sum for him (£25m plus), I'd be really interested to see Lambert spend that on 2 or 3 first team players.

If Everton drop £28 mil on Lukaku we get 35+ for Benteke. 

I think one of the major issues Lambert faces to be accepted is the delay in fans realisation that money is far more intrinsic to the success of the club. The days of dramatic improvements with managers has gone and it is tied far closer to the money a team has to spend. A prime example being Big Sam at West Ham - awful manager til he gets lots if money to spend and now he's a magician. Or Liverpool, the loss of one multimillion pound player cripples the team.

Lambert will not be fully accepted unless he can get us in to Europe/ win cups and he will never do that with the current financial climate in B6.

The nature of all fans, not Villa fans alone, is that managers are not liked/appreciated until they win something and for many teams that is a remote likelihood. They will always want more, want progression, but for many teams there is a glass ceiling. The last universally liked manager at Villa? Probably Brian Little - one of my personal favourites admittedly, but also the last cup win. No-one since has been really liked and generally have been seen as failing. 

I'm not sure what the answer is. Is supporting a non Top-6 club just a never ending cycle of wishing for more that will never be realised? Even top 6 teams - look at Wenger.

Fans have been brought in to the game through stories of underdogs, legendary managers and one club players and we largely all wish that still existed. But would we all be more content if we tied our hopes and dreams to reality of today rather than the dream of no glass ceiling?

This isn't an argument for either, more a point to discuss.

This is why at the very least we have to play entertaining football. I don't think at this time any of us really expect top 6 and will continue to support the team and go to games regardless of weather we win trophies or not. What we won't do is support a team that is boring to watch and counting on other teams to be shitter than us. Something that has been happening for the past 2 seasons.

• Like 2

Lambert will not be fully accepted unless he can get us in to Europe/ win cups and he will never do that with the current financial climate in B6.

Simply not true.

Absolutely.  Even then he wont be accepted ! ;-)

If Lambert gets us into EL playing like we do I'll be really p****d off cos we'll be relegated that season for sure

Pissed off with finishing 5th or 6th? As we'd be guaranteed to go down the season we played in the Europa League?

Get out and walk.

If Lambert gets us into EL playing like we do I'll be really p****d off cos we'll be relegated that season for sure

Pissed off with finishing 5th or 6th? As we'd be guaranteed to go down the season we played in the Europa League?

Get out and walk.

He's got 33 posts now all of similar quality  :huh:

Pushed it a bit too far there mate. I've a feeling you've been rumbled. Back to KRO

Simply not true.

Yep, absolute bollocks.  If we finished in our current position, whilst I wouldn't quite start saying that he was up there with Sirs Brian and Ron ( ;) ) I'd tip my hat to him and say "well done, good job".

Simply not true.

Yep, absolute bollocks.  If we finished in our current position, whilst I wouldn't quite start saying that he was up there with Sirs Brian and Ron ( ;) ) I'd tip my hat to him and say "well done, good job".

season of goodwill alive and kicking in the risso household 

• Like 1

Get out and walk.

He's got 33 posts now all of similar quality  :huh:

good to know that you are judge & Jury :huh:

Get out and walk.

We wont finish 5th or 6th

more likely to Qualify via FA/League Cup

if we avoid Bradford, L. Orient, Sheff U and all the other lower league teams

Get out and walk.

Ah, right soz, so you'd be pissed off we won a trophy and got into the Europa League because Lambert would surely follow up our first trophy since 1996 with immediate relegation?

Jog on.

• Like 1

Get out and walk.

Ah, right soz, so you'd be pissed off we won a trophy and got into the Europa League because Lambert would surely follow up our first trophy since 1996 with immediate relegation?

Jog on.

maybe now you get the irony

post on

Â