Paul Lambert

limpid

I still think we are ok results wise on the grand scale of things, obviously it's not great but with players coming back in and 13 points on the board average form would see us ok & here's why..

We need 40ish+ points to survive from 38 games.

We would expect to gain most of those points from the lower 9 teams in the Prem a few from the 6th to 9th place clubs and hopefully a few bonus points against the top 6 teams. 

As things stand we have a top 6 of

Chelsea,

Man City,

Southampton,

Arsenal,

West Ham &

Man Utd,

we have played all of them except Man Utd and have gained 2 points thus far from those games.

A couple of those teams you would suggest will drop to more mid table by the seasons end namely West Ham & Southampton.. as it happens the two where our 2 points came from! They will likely be replaced by Spurs & Everton as the season progresses.. Again we lost those two games. 

We need 27 points more from 26 games effectively but 19 of those games are against teams outside of the likely top 6.  So for me we need about 7 wins, 6 draws & 6 losses from those 19 games against the lesser teams meaning any points in the 8 games we have remaining against the top 6 are purely a bonus and relieve pressure on the other 19 fixtures. 

Why on Earth we are back to this scenario yet again is of huge concern but hopefully getting our best players back and a bit of strengthening in the Jan window plus likely having to replace Delph and maybe Vlaar will hopefully see us through the season at least. I'm delighted Okore is now ready as that takes a little pressure off the Vlaar situation but losing Delph as looks likely, needs sorting out.

• Like 1

I still think we are ok results wise on the grand scale of things, obviously it's not great but with players coming back in and 13 points on the board average form would see us ok & here's why..

We need 40ish+ points to survive from 38 games.

We would expect to gain most of those points from the lower 9 teams in the Prem a few from the 6th to 9th place clubs and hopefully a few bonus points against the top 6 teams.

As things stand we have a top 6 of

Chelsea,

Man City,

Southampton,

Arsenal,

West Ham &

Man Utd,

we have played all of them except Man Utd and have gained 2 points thus far from those games.

A couple of those teams you would suggest will drop to more mid table by the seasons end namely West Ham & Southampton.. as it happens the two where our 2 points came from! They will likely be replaced by Spurs & Everton as the season progresses.. Again we lost those two games.

We need 27 points more from 26 games effectively but 19 of those games are against teams outside of the likely top 6. So for me we need about 7 wins, 6 draws & 6 losses from those 19 games against the lesser teams meaning any points in the 8 games we have remaining against the top 6 are purely a bonus and relieve pressure on the other 19 fixtures.

Why on Earth we are back to this scenario yet again is of huge concern but hopefully getting our best players back and a bit of strengthening in the Jan window plus likely having to replace Delph and maybe Vlaar will hopefully see us through the season at least. I'm delighted Okore is now ready as that takes a little pressure off the Vlaar situation but losing Delph as looks likely, needs sorting out.

I didn't read all of that, but I got the gist of it, I like your optimism...something you seem to have missed though it that we recently drawn to Burnley and lost to QPR, 2 of this seasons current bottom 3...where do you see this 27 points coming from exactly?!

I didn't really know where else to put this, so i'll stick it here. Most people are aware of our form, but if you actually look at the overall form table, it makes for pretty grim viewing.

I still say that we need to see how the next few games go, and wait to see what happens once we have our key players back, but it very well could be too late by then :/

gLLOjhC.png

Premier League Form Guide

Oh look Leicester are in dire form

No worries Nigel you play villa soon

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I didn't really know where else to put this, so i'll stick it here. Most people are aware of our form, but if you actually look at the overall form table, it makes for pretty grim viewing.

I still say that we need to see how the next few games go, and wait to see what happens once we have our key players back, but it very well could be too late by then :/

gLLOjhC.png

Why dont you put up an away form table Chewie, we are 10th in that?

Last 12 matches, 16th and thats the only table that matters. I could pull out a 100 tables to fit an agenda if i wanted.

gLLOjhC.png

Anything other than a victory against Leicester is totally unacceptable.

Why dont you put up an away form table Chewie, we are 10th in that?

Last 12 matches, 16th and thats the only table that matters. I could pull out a 100 tables to fit an agenda if i wanted.

In fairness to Chewie ever since I can remember, and I am 40 now, then the current form table has always been taken over the last 6 games and is very often used by numerous media outlets.

I'm going to predict a loss at Palace, a draw at Leicester and then defeat v the Baggies and then Lambert getting the bullet and replaced by Pulis.

What a time it is to be a Villa fan.

Exactly, I read the original comment and agreed, and then the reality hit me, that **** dire, something to look forward to, a couple more shit games followed by pulis coming in

Birthday and Christmas in one

• Like 3

I don't think we'll see Cole in the next game, Although  I hope well do. I just think two games so close together might be too much for him and he will be saved for the home game against Leicester.

Unfortunately think we'll see Gabby and Weimann up top with Benteke and a variety of hoofs and aimless crosses directed at the big man with the other two running about a bit.

Cole played 60 odd minutes at the other day. He's not about to pick up his pension is he?

McGod had two plasticine knees and a liver made out of Swiss cheese and he was rolled out each week at the age of 36!

I don't think we'll see Cole in the next game, Although  I hope well do. I just think two games so close together might be too much for him and he will be saved for the home game against Leicester.

Unfortunately think we'll see Gabby and Weimann up top with Benteke and a variety of hoofs and aimless crosses directed at the big man with the other two running about a bit.

Cole played 60 odd minutes at the other day. He's not about to pick up his pension is he?

McGod had two plasticine knees and a liver made out of Swiss cheese and he was rolled out each week at the age of 36!

We'll wait and see won't we. I hope he does play but if he has only just returned to match fitness I doubt he will start.

Â