Paul Lambert

limpid

Squad much stronger? But I thought we were told we shouldn't expect to compete as we have too many injuries and cannot cope?

We have had so many injuries that we haven't coped, but that's begun to change: Okore is back, Benteke is coming back, Vlaar and Senderos are coming back, Kozak will be coming back. (I hope you can understand the difference between a player being injured and a player recovering from injury and playing football.)

Over the next couple of months we'll find out whether the injuries were holding us back or were just an excuse. I know where my money is.

We will be better when these players return. The question is how much better? I still doubt we'll have seen much of a major improvement by the end of the year. I think it will be pretty similar to the last two.

I've heard Lambert say on multiple occasions that the players did their "best" in difficult circumstances

Losers whine about their best

Winners go home and **** the prom queen

Loser managers blame the players in public or quit their job.

Loser managers see their teams unable to win in nearly 10 games, lose to lower league teams and simple don't have an answer.

Paul-Lambert-is-suing-Nor-008.jpg

• Like 3

if we drop Weimann for Benteke in the next match Lambert will have shown he has learnt something.

if he drops Cole I will cry.

I have been impressed by Clark and Okore but feel one needs to be dropped eventually for Vlaar or Senderos.

No way should Weimann be dropped and Agbonlahor be retained in the team.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll see Cole in the next game, Although  I hope well do. I just think two games so close together might be too much for him and he will be saved for the home game against Leicester.

Unfortunately think we'll see Gabby and Weimann up top with Benteke and a variety of hoofs and aimless crosses directed at the big man with the other two running about a bit.

I didn't really know where else to put this, so i'll stick it here. Most people are aware of our form, but if you actually look at the overall form table, it makes for pretty grim viewing.

I still say that we need to see how the next few games go, and wait to see what happens once we have our key players back, but it very well could be too late by then :/

gLLOjhC.png

Premier League Form Guide

I'm not defending him, I think he's a lame duck but he has had a ridiculous amount of injuries. It's like musical chairs out there.

Losing your captain, your best striker and your useful impact sub striker in particular is rotten luck.

• Like 1

I'm not defending him, I think he's a lame duck but he has had a ridiculous amount of injuries. It's like musical chairs out there.

Losing your captain, your best striker and your useful impact sub striker in particular is rotten luck.

That's correct and can be used to partly explain the last few months...how about the preceding few years?

• Like 3

What the hell is mid-table obscurity anyway?

As far as I'm concerned there's champions, champ league  qualifiers and the relegated. Everything else is mid-table.

It's like some 55 year old bloke passing himself off as middled-aged. Yeah right, if you expect to live to 110.

We'll be fighting relegation until the last few games at best.

Sorry to bring up this post, but I don't understand the highlighted part at all. The words 'middle-aged' have a meaning, right, and that meaning isn't 'exactly equidistant between birth and death'. Otherwise a guy who dies at eighteen would have middle-aged at nine. 

• Like 1

If weimann stays and cole drops out when tekkers comes back the fans will lynch him lambert will be out come weds morning after we lose.

Also if coles dropped lambert will show hes not upto this task.

Or maybe Cole isn't fit enough or even young enough to play 2 games in close succession?

Not being fit enough is not being dropped what i meant was if he is left out for anything other than injury or fitness its not on.

If weimann stays and cole drops out when tekkers comes back the fans will lynch him lambert will be out come weds morning after we lose.

I'm convinced it will be Gabby who drops out.

Lambert's biggest issue is he don't have the personality to manage a club like Villa

We all talk about negative, one dimensional, poor football but you could not use those traits about his Norwich team, he was dynamic, chnagiung systems and formations to counter the opponents, like this article - http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/13/paul-lambert-norwich-swansea?CMP=twt_gu

His failing at Villa don't make him a bad manager, some managers are suited to certain clubs, som ething make him change from what he was at Norwich to the situation now

Lambert's biggest issue is he don't have the personality to manage a club like Villa

We all talk about negative, one dimensional, poor football but you could not use those traits about his Norwich team, he was dynamic, chnagiung systems and formations to counter the opponents, like this article - http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/13/paul-lambert-norwich-swansea?CMP=twt_gu

His failing at Villa don't make him a bad manager, some managers are suited to certain clubs, som ething make him change from what he was at Norwich to the situation now

Fear!! There is so much more pressure mananging a club of our stature. Even though we have dropped to low levels, we will always be be in the spot light, 

• Like 2

Or maybe Cole isn't fit enough or even young enough to play 2 games in close succession?
Not being fit enough is not being dropped what i meant was if he is left out for anything other than injury or fitness its not on.
Oh sorry, my mistake.

Â