Paul Lambert

limpid

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own. Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

If the manager is not culpable for what happens on a football pitch why does any manager ever get the sack? Infact, what's the point in having a manager?

How can you make a manager accountable for a player who gives away a penalty? That is one of the most ridiculous opinions I've ever heard.

If we'd won would you give Lambert credit?

The manager deserves credit for our approach to the game regardless, we tried to win the game and played some great stuff.  We lost because of an individual error not because of the manager.

Compared to a hell of a lot of other games, that was not hanging on for dear life.

It was it really was. From the penalty onwards, they could have scored 3 goals. We were well under the cosh.

How many times did they hit the woodwork afterwards? It was at least once. 

They had a couple of chances, we had one too - when we've been under the cosh we've not been able to string two passes together. 

I think their chances were slightly better than ours. It was all Burnley in that last 10 minutes, I don't think that is deniable. Sadly, it will overshadow our brilliant first half performance but I was very utterly disappointed with the majority of the second half.  

If Okore gets the blame for today how come i didn't see the same people saying how lucky we were to get a draw against southampton because of their keepers mistake?

Or does that simple, pick one moment from a game analysis only work when you use it to defend lambert?

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own.  Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

If the manager is not culpable for what happens on a football pitch why does any manager ever get the sack? Infact, what's the point in having a manager?

Ofcourse the manager takes alot of blame for what is going on on the pitch but that doesn't mean that he is to blame for everything that goes on on the pitch does it?

Of course he isn't to blame for everything that happens, and as I said earlier no one is saying this.

But if for instance a branch of Mcdonalds were under performing, especially to what on paper they have the ability to do so, in terms of individual staff members. Which I know is a matter of opinion but one that has merit imo as a lot of our players would get into higher placed sides in the league, again imo. What do you do?

Sack all the staff members? Leave the current manager in charge because how do you know another one wouldn't do worse?

Strange analogy I know and obviously completely different but I still feel the general point applies, just trying to approach it from a different angle.

Its a team game.... you can't just pick out one mans mistake, for self satisfaction.

I did'nt see the game, but i didn't have to.....I suspect other mistakes were made by players of ours that could have changed the result.

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own. Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

How can you make a manager accountable for a player who gives away a penalty? That is one of the most ridiculous opinions I've ever heard.

The manager deserves credit for our approach to the game regardless, we tried to win the game and played some great stuff. We lost because of an individual error not because of the manager.

We lost eh?

They had a couple of chances, we had one too - when we've been under the cosh we've not been able to string two passes together. 

I think their chances were slightly better than ours. It was all Burnley in that last 10 minutes, I don't think that is deniable. Sadly, it will overshadow our brilliant first half performance but I was very utterly disappointed with the majority of the second half.  

It was better but still not good enough. We were playing Burnley not Chelsea. Lambert deserves credit for the improvement but still should take responsibility for once again failing to cope with an opposition manager's changes. 

I like the way okore is now referred to as 5th choice defender to excuse the manager.

Vlaar and Senderos started the season as our first choice centre back, both Baker and Clark got in at centre back ahead of Okore when we had injuries so if you put a tiny bit of thought into it then you can conclude that Okore has been 5th choice centre back.....

So you think Okore is a poor defender?  He looks pretty good to me.  But i guess it's easier to call him 5th choice so we can focus on his one mistake.

Did I give my opinion on what I think of Okore?  I simply stated that he has been 5th choice centre back due to the fact that that has been his position in the squad this season....read the post you are replying to and this will get a whole lot easier ffs...

If Okore gets the blame for today how come i didn't see the same people saying how lucky we were to get a draw against southampton because of their keepers mistake?

Or does that simple, pick one moment from a game analysis only work when you use it to defend lambert?

Same could be said for people who refuse to accept that injuries and lack of funds should be used as viable reasons to defend Lambert. Whether people like it or not it is not completely black and white.

The manager deserves credit for our approach to the game regardless, we tried to win the game and played some great stuff.  We lost because of an individual error not because of the manager.

Wouldn't disagree with that.  But that one moment isn't the reason we're unhappy. And like i said you can't just pick and choose the moments you ignore.  There have been moments that have also gone in favour of us as well.

Same could be said for people who refuse to accept that injuries and lack of funds should be used as viable reasons to defend Lambert. Whether people like it or not it is not completely black and white.

Exactly. So on the other hand it can't simply be said, individual mistake not Lambert's fault as this is just as black and white.

Compared to a hell of a lot of other games, that was not hanging on for dear life.

It was it really was. From the penalty onwards, they could have scored 3 goals. We were well under the cosh.

How many times did they hit the woodwork afterwards? It was at least once. 

It was once. Anyway, I'm going up north to Hanoi on the 21st - where'd you recommend to watch the Tyne-Wear derby? 

I like the way okore is now referred to as 5th choice defender to excuse the manager.

Vlaar and Senderos started the season as our first choice centre back, both Baker and Clark got in at centre back ahead of Okore when we had injuries so if you put a tiny bit of thought into it then you can conclude that Okore has been 5th choice centre back.....

So you think Okore is a poor defender?  He looks pretty good to me.  But i guess it's easier to call him 5th choice so we can focus on his one mistake.

Did I give my opinion on what I think of Okore?  I simply stated that he has been 5th choice centre back due to the fact that that has been his position in the squad this season....read the post you are replying to and this will get a whole lot easier ffs...

If you weren't trying to excuse the mistake why did you refer to him as 5th choice defender?  What does that matter in regards to the mistake if you're not commenting on how good okore is?

Exactly. So on the other hand it can't simply be said, individual mistake not Lambert's fault as this is just as black and white.

You say exactly like I was the one that said that. I don't agree that it's all Okore's faults and Lambert doesn't take some flack for the result but he definitely doesn't take as much as some people want to throw at him. I thought he did everything right today except maybe us coming out a little flat in the second half.

I don't think anyone does say they're not viable reasons.  People just don't think it excuses everything that has gone on for 2 and a half years.

• Like 1

You say exactly like I was the one that said that. I don't agree that it's all Okore's faults and Lambert doesn't take some flack for the result but he definitely doesn't take as much as some people want to throw at him. I thought he did everything right today except maybe us coming out a little flat in the second half.

I agree, you can't put too much blame on lambert for today.

But you can put a lot of blame for no wins in 9 games.

I agree, you can't put too much blame on lambert for today.

But you can put a lot of blame for no wins in 9 games.

Yes, but we've all gone over that a million times. You could step out of this thread for a month and come back and its still the same stuff being said. Lets talk about today. Not an ideal result but positive signs in some areas. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â