Paul Lambert

limpid

Surely he cant remain in charge if we get done by Burnley?? Would seem like a good time to get shot of him to be honest then we can get a replacement in and a decent assistant also. I have a feeling he will walk if we lose.

My anger, is slowly turning to sadness with the whole sorry thing.

Totally agree, until Messrs Fox and Lerner recognise the mess we are in the nightmare continues.

If there's a delay in naming an Assistant, it could be because the club are waiting to see how Lambert does over this run of 'easier fixtures' as now could be the easiest time to get rid. I myself think we'll do well and pull away from the relegation zone.

• Like 1

Whether anyones believes he should go or not.....The worrying thing is under this regime is, you could never predict at what point the owner will act.... what in fact does it take.

At least under the last incumbent as a fan you could almost be sure of when and what it takes for the guillotine to come down.

..... this lot, you wouldn't have a clue.

Edited by TRO

Surely he cant remain in charge if we get done by Burnley?? Would seem like a good time to get shot of him to be honest then we can get a replacement in and a decent assistant also. I have a feeling he will walk if we lose.

Drawing with Burnley would seem as bad as a defeat

3 points with us scoring more than 1 goal is what i want to see

Totally agree, until Messrs Fox and Lerner recognise the mess we are in the nightmare continues.

Well, to be perfectly honest if there was an investment of the magnitude needed, whether that means Lerner going or not, I don't think this thread would be so full of the childish jibes at Lambert as it currently is. I reckon Villa would do better sans Lerner, a new owner and investment with Lambert staying than we would with Lerner staying and getting a new manager and continuing to invest at a level which barely sustains our Premier League existence.

Pete Colley asked him directly....What has gone wrong Paul....Lambert said " We have to find a solution"

with one game left and relegation hanging on a thread......you wouldn't be surprised to hear that rolled out if the question was asked.

The man has a thicker skin than a rhinoceros.

• Like 1

Well, to be perfectly honest if there was an investment of the magnitude needed, whether that means Lerner going or not, I don't think this thread would be so full of the childish jibes at Lambert as it currently is. I reckon Villa would do better sans Lerner, a new owner and investment with Lambert staying than we would with Lerner staying and getting a new manager and continuing to invest at a level which barely sustains our Premier League existence.

Are you hoping for a new owner to chance his arm at spending £110 million and hoping the return is much better...

This new ficticous owner that we are all expecting, if he spent £110 million to have this level of performance on the pitch, do you think he would be employing  a similar attitude to Mr Lerner.

Hindsight is always an exact science.

Thats not defending RL in any way shape of form....its more like trying to understand his stance/position.

There seems many folk on this site prepared to cut Lambert some slack.... maybe the same consideration could be afforded to the guy that HAS put money up in the past.

In that interview with Colley he mentions weather its to easy to play/manage at the Villa due to the owner not being around, great question, it rattled Lambert, im guessing this is a big part of the problem, Lamberts only answer to this was Lerner speaks to him by phone. To me this is makes no difference whatsoever, a bollocking on the phone, comon!!! Lambert is the only one controlling the team while there is no senior figure around, This is why more and more bearing should be on Lamberts head. Its becoming clear he cannot manage such a big club, control the coaching, (personally he should have kept Keane here for todays game) and he blatently cannot control the players. There has not even been no real captain and real no disipline in the team since dare I say it, MON. I think this is where he is failing. If he is not guilty of tactics, style, motivation thats fair enough, but he must be guilty of the zero disipline in the team. So to me either way, even if Lerner opened his wallet and gave him 50 million, you still couldn't trust him to organise.  Guys, he is finished here and im just waiting for the day Lerner realises (and im sure it won't be long) this guy is taking us know where......

• Like 1

I hope Lambert is sacked regardless of the result vs Burnley to be honest.

Lerner must be fed up after supporting the manager with £46m since he's been here (more than 11 teams in the league) and what we have to show for it as a dire, defensive, boring team.

The excuses have ran out for Lambert - today with Keane leaving is just one in a long line of bad decisions Lambert has made.

Is that bit about the money true?

Are you saying he has had £46 million to spend (net?) since he's been here? That spread out over the 5 windows so far, is £9.2m per window. And your saying that's more than 11 teams in the league over the same period?

Yes £46m net since he has been here. Just happens to be considerably more than the following teams across the same period:

1) Burnley: -£2.3m

2 ) Palace: £18.5m

3) Leicester: £14.2m

4) Newcastle: £19.4m

5) Southampton: £33.8m

6) Stoke: £23.5m

7) Sunderland: £37.6m

8) Swansea: £11.7m

9) Spurs: -£3.4m

10) West Brom: £15.4m

11) Everton: £18.2m

Yes, he has been working under wage restrictions (as a number of other teams have been) but on transfers on a net basis only 8 teams in the current premier league have spent more.

What a shambles he has made of it.

Blimey.

There's a couple of special cases in there (spurs and Southampton) given the amount they have brought in from sales, but I still thought we would be lower down the spend league to be honest.

I don't think he's made a shambles of the spend though to be fair. We are playing like a shambles, but on paper the transfers look pretty decent.

• Like 1

Â