Paul Lambert

limpid

He still has some support because people support him and have a different opinion.

Richard and they are entitled to have one and if that opinion supports him, Fine, That will always be the case even the extreme, where notorious criminals always has someone to admire them.

I guess when so many have the same opinion, it may be time to question the contrary.

• Like 4

Feels odd criticising Lambert after a draw against Southampton but one shot on target, which in itself was an open goal, is just not good enough.

Glad Lambert picked Okore though so some positives from tonight's game.

They're the best defensive unit in the Premier League.  I didn't expect anything at all - let alone ONE shot on target :P

• Like 1

I don't understand Sanchez off, Bent on. Fair enough taking off Sanchez but... Darren Bent? :(

It was a defensive change.

Don't be fooled by the fact it was a midfielder off and a striker on.

The decision to replace Sánchez with Bent was quite simply one of the worst substitutions that I've ever seen.

Can you explain why?

Genuine question. I think this is just everybody pouncing on something to criticise Lambert about.

Why is everyone so mistified by it?

terrible again. It was unwatchable fare for long periods, giving the ball away so frequently. You'd think someone could coach Wiemann at Bodymoor to learn how to show some composure. I mean what the **** do they do during the week? How many times have we seen that silly prat balloon a shot because he rushed it. He's not a kid anymore for pity's sake. SOMEONE PLEASE COACH HIM. 

I don't understand Sanchez off, Bent on. Fair enough taking off Sanchez but... Darren Bent? :(

Yeah drop a on form Gabby to defend and bring a off form Bent on. Yeah brilliant tactical change, has thoughts of McLeish all over it!

Can you explain why?

Genuine question. I think this is just everybody pouncing on something to criticise Lambert about.

Because Darren Bent is the last player you bring on when you are playing on the counter, quite simple really. You especially don't bring him on for one of your DMs when you are quite comfortably holding the lead. And I'm not saying this in hindsight, you can check my Twitter feed to see that I criticised it as soon as it was made.

Yeah drop a on form Gabby to defend and bring a off form Bent on. Yeah brilliant tactical change, has thoughts of McLeish all over it!
Or replace a tired and shakey Sanchez with a fresher and more energetic Gabby who's energy was being wasted chasing lost causes up front.
  • Like 1

Can you explain why?

Because Darren Bent is the last player you bring on when you are playing on the counter, quite simple really. You especially don't bring him on for one of your DMs when you are quite comfortably holding the lead. And I'm not saying this in hindsight, you can check my Twitter feed to see that I criticised it as soon as it was made.

I'll pass on checking your twitter thanks, not sure it would be to my taste ;)

That DM was tired and had started misplacing passes all over the place and is prone to a rash tackle (spurs).

This allowed a player with tonnes of energy to drop into midfield and use his energy to defend rather than run around wasting his energy up front.

I'm not saying it worked very well, clearly we conceded (although a more composed Weimann and we win that game). But I don't understand why people are so baffled by the change.

• Like 1

Â