Paul Lambert

limpid

Big game Monday for the team and Lambert.

Huge game. Massive.

Currently newcastle (who are supposed to be in utter turmoil) are above us and we sit 2 points above relegation.

Win and it will install a bit more belief that we can dispatch the shitter teams this season and hopefully survive relatively comfortably.

Lose and it's 5 losses in a row, an even poorer goal difference and shattered confidence because we can't hide behind 'the top 4' opposition excuse.

For what it's worth QPR looked great going forward against Liverpool. Better than we have attacked all season. If we don't find our shooting boots we could get beat easily.

Edited by sonic_bouma
  • Like 3

It was interesting to see Lambert describe the last game, much in the way we see it....was the new contract a licence to tell the truth? i.e ..Pre contract ..."I thought we were excellent", "I thought we were terrific" i couldn't ask for anymore" ...post contract " I thought we were rubbish"

Hmmmmm.

Edited by TRO

It was interesting to see Lambert describe the last game, much in the way we see it....was the new contract a licence to tell the truth? i.e ..Pre contract ..."I thought we were excellent", "I thought we were terrific" i couldn't ask for anymore" ...post contract " I thought we were rubbish"

Hmmmmm.

I thought that was interesting too. I hope it shows he was as angry with the players as we all were last weekend. 

It's a huge game tomorrow. We will go into the following three as underdogs, as Southampton and West Ham are both much much better than we are, and we always lose to Spurs. So tomorrow, simply, we have to win. I'll be firmly in the Lambert Out camp with anything else. 

Hmmmmm.

Probably because that was the first game, with the possible exception of Arsenal and all the mitigating circumstances there, that we really were shit. No other game this season have I watched and thought we were dreadful - Everton was the first and let's hope it doesn't become a habit.

• Like 2

Hmmmmm.

Probably because that was the first game, with the possible exception of Arsenal and all the mitigating circumstances there, that we really were shit. No other game this season have I watched and thought we were dreadful - Everton was the first and let's hope it doesn't become a habit.

You didn't see the Newcastle game then?

And we weren't shit against Newcastle whatsoever.

We were very uncreative going forward, but you can't judge an entire performance on our attack.

Defensively we were incredibly sound against Newcastle.

That doesn't mean it was a good performance. We'd need to show more going forward for it to be good.

But it certainly wasn't shit.

• Like 2

Ok guys, you're entitled to your opinion but, if a clean sheet and zero creativity at home to a poor Newcastle team (who went into a mini turmoil phase just after) is a decent performance then I beg to differ. Especially given the players we have that are highly rated on this forum.

It was dreadful to watch IMO, dreadful. A game that we would have lost last season maybe, but an improvement on last season is hardly something to shout about.

I mean, we didn't even have a shot on target. No, attacking is not all that should be judged but certainly when you're playing a team like Newcastle, at home, zero shots on target tells the big picture if you ask me.

The defending was good, but we got lucky as a result of some woeful finishing from Newcastle who didn't create much themselves. Our inability to string 3/4 passes together was as evident as usual. It was awful.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

Have we become the League's past masters of getting other teams seasons back on track ?.....we will see on Monday Night, for maybe another edition.

We've been doing it for years for dozens of teams!

Not won for 5 games?

Not won away from home in 10 games?

Not scored for 4 games?

Not kept a clean sheet for 7 games?

Star striker not scored in 6 games?

Aston Villa can help!

• Like 2

And we weren't shit against Newcastle whatsoever.

We were very uncreative going forward, but you can't judge an entire performance on our attack.

Defensively we were incredibly sound against Newcastle.

That doesn't mean it was a good performance. We'd need to show more going forward for it to be good.

But it certainly wasn't shit.

Any game at home where we can't even manage a shot on target is automatically filed under "shit", especially when it's against a team as poor as Newcastle.

If we play QPR like we did Everton, Newcastle or Chelsea we will get turned over. If we play like we did against Hull or Man City we will be ok.

Thankfully, these performances (not results - performances) seem to follow a pattern:

Awful (Newcastle)

Good (Hull)

Awful (Arsenal - mitigating circumstances)*

Good (Liverpool)

Awful (Chelsea)

Good (Man City)

Awful (Everton)

We are due for a good one!

*yes - I swapped Liverpool and Arsenal. No need to let facts get in the way of a good story ;-)

Â