Paul Lambert

limpid

I think I read that we stand at -50 GD over Lamberts reign. That is really, really troubling. 

It's actually -52 for league games:

Pl84 W23 D20 L41 F90-142A  GD-52 Pts89

Total goals F-A at home are 47-63, away 43-79. So a lot of the carnage has been at VP. 

I'm worried that the recent trend is poor as well. Over the past 20 league games we have scored 15 and conceded 38, a shocking average of  0.75 goals per game against 1.9 conceded and a deficit of -23 out of the big total of -52.

Edited by briny_ear

Id like to know why changes weren't made at half time Saturday, we were all over the place, after going 2-0 zog should have come off, instead we just put weimann on after an hour and keep doing the same thing. Very frustrating.

I think I read that we stand at -50 GD over Lamberts reign. That is really, really troubling. 

It's actually -52 for league games:

Pl84 W23 D20 L41 F90-142A  GD-52 Pts89

Total goals F-A at home are 47-63, away 43-79. So a lot of the carnage has been at VP. 

I'm worried that the recent trend is poor as well. Over the past 20 league games we have scored 15 and conceded 38, a shocking average of  0.75 goals per game against 1.9 conceded and a deficit of -23 out of the big total of -52.

Those stats are incredilbly grim.

You'd expect a manager to be close to the door at least with those, not letting the ink dry on a new contract.

My biggest worry is the stat that we have only had 12 shots on target so far this season. Half as many as any other team.

Exactly. We are the most boring team in the league at the moment, and have been for over a year.

I watch every game of ours but unless I'm at VP I'm not paying attention for a lot of the game. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My biggest worry is the stat that we have only had 12 shots on target so far this season. Half as many as any other team.

Exactly. We are the most boring team in the league at the moment, and have been for over a year.

Newcastle fans say the same about their team so do Sunderland . we have 10 points on the board and have played all the big boys so should look forward

• Like 1

I think the Southampton home game will be the biggest of his villa reign to date.

Unfortunately the new contract was a clear message that as long as he continually scraps survival, he'll always remain in the job while Randy Lerner calls the shots.

I think the Southampton home game will be the biggest of his villa reign to date.

Unfortunately the new contract was a clear message that as long as he continually scraps survival, he'll always remain in the job while Randy Lerner calls the shots.

But he's had a lot of difficult circumstances to put up with? Aaahhh didums!!

• Like 1

I dread to imagine what will happen if we lose to QPR by another 2-0/3-0 scoreline, it is a scary possibility, especially if we show no effort and wave a white flag like we did on Saturday. Unacceptable no matter the contract length. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I dread to imagine what will happen if we lose to QPR by another 2-0/3-0 scoreline, it is a scary possibility, especially if we show no effort and wave a white flag like we did on Saturday. Unacceptable no matter the contract length. 

I have seen nothing from QPR at either end to think they can win a game 2 or 3-0

but they scored 0 in the 1st half against a defence that is arguably as weak as ours

But they had chances. If you create good chances, you will eventually score from some of them.

• Like 1

Â