Paul Lambert

limpid

Bit early IMO, if we scrape just 2/3 points from the next 5 games and end up with a smashed up goal difference people will sure be asking questions.

I think it was always on the cards. Randy knows he can't just stop running the club because he wants to sell. He might not get rid for 3 years. This adds stability without the need to shop around for a new manager. I think this would have happened even if we were on 3 points currently.

Spot on. We haven't had stability for a long long time.

• Like 1

Great, great news.

PL has performed miracles in VERY difficult circumstances. A very loyal and honourable man who stuck with us when managers such as Pulis walked out because of lack of funds.

Respect to PL...a well deserved contract extension.

Now for Vlaar, Delph and Grealish. Positive times ahead!!

• Like 1

Good news. We knew the first couple of years of the latest rebuild were gonna be tough (maybe not as gruelling as they actually were) but we seem to have come out the other side and everything atm is looking rosy. So much positivity around the place right now. Lambert deserves credit for the way he recognises his mistakes with signings and corrects them (ie. sending all the jank ones out on loan as soon as he could). But he's the best man for the job without doubt, i didnt think id be saying that after last season, but im glad I am.

Someone up the Disco Lambo

Probably not the best idea to give a guy a new contract right after the team has done well - just as it would be idiotic to sack him if we had lost a few on the trot. I just can't forget the woeful strategy he has kept the last few seasons, before changing it around this summer. I mean, does he have the slightest idea of what he is doing? Or is it just chance? He could have gone for these players two years ago, but he opted for young "talents" back then. Where are Tonev, Bacuna, Lowton, El Ahmadi, Bennett, Luna, Sylla, Helenius and Bowery? That's right, not a single one of them are playing for us anymore - and the strategy to buy them almost threw us down in the Championship.

Has he learned a lot and become a better manager? I really hope so, because sometimes you develop a whole lot from your mistakes. And I like Lambert, that's the only reason why I have never said outright that we should sack him. If we had the same results under Steve Bruce or Chris Hughton, I would have asked for their departure a long time ago.

Probably not the best idea to give a guy a new contract right after the team has done well - just as it would be idiotic to sack him if we had lost a few on the trot. I just can't forget the woeful strategy he has kept the last few seasons, before changing it around this summer. I mean, does he have the slightest idea of what he is doing? Or is it just chance? He could have gone for these players two years ago, but he opted for young "talents" back then. Where are Tonev, Bacuna, Lowton, El Ahmadi, Bennett, Luna, Sylla, Helenius and Bowery? That's right, not a single one of them are playing for us anymore - and the strategy to buy them almost threw us down in the Championship.

Has he learned a lot and become a better manager? I really hope so, because sometimes you develop a whole lot from your mistakes. And I like Lambert, that's the only reason why I have never said outright that we should sack him. If we had the same results under Steve Bruce or Chris Hughton, I would have asked for their departure a long time ago.

Have you SERIOUSLY been following the Villa for the last 2 seasons? If you have been, you would be able to answer your own questions :)

• Like 1

Excellent news & absolutely the right thing to do.

I saw earlier that OGS is on the brink of quitting Cardiff. I really don't know how close he was to being offered the Villa job before Lambert but we should thank our lucky stars the way things have turned out.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but I'm sure that most are in agreement that this current squad is far stronger than the ones of the previous two seasons. Whilst trying to remain cautious, my thoughts are all about how high we can realistically aim for rather than the constant worry about fighting relegation.

Brilliant news. Quite simply, there is not a better manager out there that would be interested in the job. In saying that however, I think he's a great manager and much better than some of the dross currently in the premier league.

I think as fans positivity, good results and good news in general are something we've forgotten how to digest.

I want Lambert to do well and the club to succeed as a result, but I can't do a heel turn and pretend the last three seasons didn't happen.

Obviously if having Keane alongside him and a different transfer policy means that the suffering was worth it then amen.

But you'd think we'd need more than 4 games to prove the worth of Lambert and Hutton.

just saying

long may the positivity continue though

• Like 1

Very surprised at the length of the contract given here after the last few yrs.

Yes we have started the season well, but if our confidence gets knocked these next games (like the last few yrs) and then we struggle against the "lesser" sides tension will start again.

I hope that he has learnt from previous mistakes and that the team and Lambert continue to grow.

I think as fans positivity, good results and good news in general are something we've forgotten how to digest.

I want Lambert to do well and the club to succeed as a result, but I can't do a heel turn and pretend the last three seasons didn't happen.

Obviously if having Keane alongside him and a different transfer policy means that the suffering was worth it then amen.

But you'd think we'd need more than 4 games to prove the worth of Lambert and Hutton.

just saying

just saying

4 games to prove the worth of Lambert??.....have you completely lost the plot? Have you not observed whats been happening on AND off the pitch?

Do you know about the financial constraints in place? Did you not hear about the bomb squad?

PL as kept us in the PL despite those difficult circumstances.....that in itself is a miracle. Moreover, we are now financially stable and moving in the right direction after 3 torrid seasons. Most of that is thanks to the hardwork, loyalty dedication of PL. There are many managers that would have walked if they were in the same position as Lambert. I thank him and congratulate him on a well deserved contract extension!

Ive always liked Lambert - sure my faith in him was tested to the limit last season - and thought of the candidates we would get should he jump ship, filled me with dread. For some reason however Ive just got the feeling this isn't a great move - has he really got an extra years based on 4 games ? 

This was a bolt from the blue for me, none of our ITK'S had an inkling this was coming - there was talk of a new deal last winter, but then we had a poor run, and the takeover talk came - and one assumed any deal for Lambo was on the back burner - but now on the back of 4 results its been resurrected- very strange.

My hope now is that we proceed along the lines of the Everton model, sure we may have to sell our best players at times - but lets hope the manager can invest the funds in the squad - and keep taking us forward. I also think the manager needs to stretch the players a little more in a technical sense - fantastic as the victory at Anfield was  IMO we looked better taking the game to them with crisp passing for 25 minutes, sure the players need to know how to do back to the wall - but we have proved we have players who can pass the ball - lets hope Lambert builds on this element of the team.

Good Luck Paul. 

• Like 1

Â