Paul Lambert

limpid

It may be a bit early in the season to offer Lambert this contract but he has definitely improved the club and repaired the damage to our style of football that McLeish caused.

It was clear in his first season he had changed the style of football from the negative 'football' of McLeish, but didn't have the squad to avoid the relegation battle.

In his second season the first team was looking stronger and we were given glimmers of hope, but a few injuries revealed how thin our squad was and we were dragged in to relegation contention. BUT there was a definite improvement to the game we played.

Now in his third season we have squad depth thanks to PL's smart moves in the transfer market, we are playing well (long may it continue, fingers crossed), and we are in a great position to build for the future.

I can see why he has been offered the new contract as there has been definite improvement under Lambert's reign. I just hope it isn't too early in the season to be offering a three year contract to a manager who had us close to relegation the last two seasons. Like most I am hopeful of whats ahead for the club, let's just hope this plan for the future is effective and successful.

• Like 1

In his second season the first team was looking stronger and we were given glimmers of hope, but a few injuries revealed how thin our squad was and we were dragged in to relegation contention. BUT there was a definite improvement to the game we played.

Can't agree. Last year we never got close to playing the way we did the final 7/8 games of his first season.

I'm really pleased that we've put this to bed early.

The haters will hate, they would still claim that PL has failed regardless of what is achieved this season!

Just deals for the few players in their final year now, Vlaar is the key one as I'm 100% that Grealish will sign one, and 90% that Delph will also sign.

I still maintain it seems a bit early. 5 games ago i don't think anyone could really justify giving him an extension. Let's hope he's worth it and this doesn't become the joke pardews did at Newcastle. Inreslly can't work out what's going on with Lerner at the moment.

Don't really have too many feelings either way on this one.

Lambert has set some of the worst records in our history since becoming manager and produced some utterly horrific football in the process.

But he's also kept us up when quite frankly we were behaving like a championship team. Plus he's got a few top 4 scalps on the way.

He'll do for now.

Best case - Lambert's been promised funds and either investment has been put in or new owners want Lambert to continue.

Worst case - Lambert's happy to work under the same restrictions and Lerner's delighted to have someone willing to do it.

No idea which one reality is closest to. I'll guess we'll find out next summer.

OK ultra conspiracy theory. Lerner really appreciates the job Lambert has done. He knows a takeover is close and is pushing Lambert onto new owners to give him a chance. Or making sure he's well compensated if they don't want him.

I'm warming to Lambert again but I really don't want to accept Lerner won't be going soon.

For the long term stability of the club this has to be a good thing.

For me personally I had had high hopes for us when Lambert arrived. He was my number one choice and I was over the moon. Last season was tough viewing and he certainly struggled. With the purse strings loosened slightly though in terms of wages and him being able to sign proven quality players with the experience we clearly lacked then things now look much brighter and already we look way stronger and better equipped to compete at this level.

Good look to him. He has been through the mill but never wavered. Lets hope the upturn continues and we are all happy for him to see out this contract and beyond.

• Like 1

Â