Paul Lambert

limpid

For me lambert is just useless i hate his style of play villa park is not a fotress anymore more like a help yourself buffet. Hr wasted money on tonev helenius luna sylla lowton bennett. I am not behind him one bit the league cup horror shows are beyond unnaceptable he for me will go down in villa history as awful. The only hope of europe wad the league cup the only cgance if silverware was the league cup because good sides dont care we are a poor side and we dont care. Aston villa are a club that just isnt where it should be.

I've been watching Villa 25 years and I struggle to remember Villa park ever being a fortress and our poor home record started before his arrival.

Granted I hate his football too though.

I've been watching the Villa since the mid 70s and I don't ever remember home form as dreadful as this in all those years. You can dress it up as much as you like but it won't gloss over the fact that our home form under Lambert is quite simply the worst this club has ever produced. Well certainly in my lifetime anyway.

• Like 2

Not too sure about a couple of thee signings made this summer but overall with the meagre amount given so far not too shabby Paul you've upgraded in some key areas for not much £££

Actually I am counting Cleverley.  Sure I am not convinced by him but he is a definite upgrade on KEA and actually gives genuine competition and may force Westowwod to upgrade his game as at the moment he is guaranteed a place

I am going to admit, i'd given up on Lambert last season, but am happy to give him till christmas to see where we are, and what is going on.

If the quality of football improves and we look more solid with a few home wins, that'd be progress for me.

Honestly thought we were great today. First half was one of the most comfortable I've seen for years (barring that Norwich game) and although we dropped back a bit in the second half, we still looked comfortable until that Jelavic goal.

• Like 1

Great stuff so far but there was a lot of empty seats today, we didn't even hit 30 :/

Understandable. If we continue to play like today then they'll return.

• Like 1

Well done to Lambert again today. Played some lovely stuff, especially in the first half whilst looking solid again at the back.

Used Grealish at the perfect time IMO as, with Sanchez on for CNZ, we needed something attacking for Hull to think about.

• Like 1

Â