Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert should have no involvement in the appointment of someone who will presumably have the power to fire him.

Well, I think that view is probably a little out of step with modern executive recruitment practice, but actually I totally agree, which is why it would be pretty stupid to interpret my remarks above as suggesting he should. I wonder, though if it is the CEO who does the firing or the Board? It was the latter who hired Lambert I guess.

However, these two people will have to work together as a team - Lambert is not exactly some insignificant employee whose dismissal would have no impact on the business, is he? And we can be fairly sure that Lerner will now bugger off back to the States to hang out with the Shunammites or whoever so Fox and Lambert = top team and an effective working relationship is quite crucial to the club.

That's why I though Lambert's statement quoted here was odd:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tom-fox-can-7654338?

Hasn't spoken to him, no meeting in the diary, "sure" that Tom Fox and Randy Lerner will meet him soon but clearly doesn't know when and how. He doesn't sound very much in the loop and it seems discourteous and inefficient not to have set up communications between Fox and Lambert once the appointment was on the cards.

Of course, it could be that Fox's first priority is to fire Lambert, in which case it would be sensible for him to remain a bit aloof from him.

Lambert should have no involvement in the appointment of someone who will presumably have the power to fire him.

Indeed.

Sometimes people say things on this site and I think "you've really not thought past your agenda have you". This is one of those times.

• Like 1

The politics can be a distraction from the serious business of following the football side of the club.

There are a few things about aston villa that don't interest me....and the politics is one of them.

If we are to become a unified force you would think a bit of courtesy would be conducive to good internal relations.....but hey, I don't know what happens behind the scenes at B6....I have found it stressful enough just watching over previous seasons.

Well, I think that view is probably a little out of step with modern executive recruitment practice, but actually I totally agree, which is why it would be pretty stupid to interpret my remarks above as suggesting he should. I wonder, though if it is the CEO who does the firing or the Board? It was the latter who hired Lambert I guess.

However, these two people will have to work together as a team - Lambert is not exactly some insignificant employee whose dismissal would have no impact on the business, is he? And we can be fairly sure that Lerner will now bugger off back to the States to hang out with the Shunammites or whoever so Fox and Lambert = top team and an effective working relationship is quite crucial to the club.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tom-fox-can-7654338?

Hasn't spoken to him, no meeting in the diary, "sure" that Tom Fox and Randy Lerner will meet him soon but clearly doesn't know when and how. He doesn't sound very much in the loop and it seems discourteous and inefficient not to have set up communications between Fox and Lambert once the appointment was on the cards.

Of course, it could be that Fox's first priority is to fire Lambert, in which case it would be sensible for him to remain a bit aloof from him.

Yep - I posted something similar in the 'in the air thread' - I doubt Fox will have come hear to finish 15th with the finances much as they are now - he isn't here to tick over. Vital these these two get along IMO - Lambo was off the rails last season - very early results and players purchased give me hope he can take us forward - But wonder if Fox will be as patient as Lerner...

Yep - I posted something similar in the 'in the air thread' - I doubt Fox will have come hear to finish 15th with the finances much as they are now - he isn't here to tick over. Vital these these two get along IMO - Lambo was off the rails last season - very early results and players purchased give me hope he can take us forward - But wonder if Fox will be as patient as Lerner...

What do you mean?

I'm sure the fantastic Mr fox will be passed a list of transfer targets Lambert drew up as soon as he starts, and will have more of a budgetary idea than the manager. I would also assume that'll be his immediate concern until the window closes

Lambert doesn't need to speak to him prior to that

He wont get the fans back on his side setting up like this at home. Obviously waiting for Benteke to return. I don't think we will full on attack untill then. For me might be to late for Lambert. Keane looks like he is waiting for the job!!

He wont get the fans back on his side setting up like this at home. Obviously waiting for Benteke to return. I don't think we will full on attack untill then. For me might be to late for Lambert. Keane looks like he is waiting for the job!!

We didn't lose at home... LAMBERT OUT!!

**** pathetic.

• Like 3

Absolute rubbish.

It wasn't a classic performance but we've 4 points on the board. Why should we "full out attack" when we clearly don't have a striker worth his salt at the minute?

• Like 2

We didn't lose at home... LAMBERT OUT!!

**** pathetic.

No shots on target at home???? Not a bad game but fans pay to see better than this

Â