Paul Lambert

limpid

I think he's worked under really crap circumstances but i also think he's done a pretty poor job. On the whole it's been crap results and dire performances. I just think a lot of managers could probably produce similar results and style of play in the same circumstances.

Even though i think he's been poor i still don't think the circumstances around the club should be ignored. It's a shame he's had to work under them, i suspect we'll have to see him at another club to see how good he can really be.

On results I think he's done an "OK" job. He has had, if we are too to believe that the bomb squad was "forced" upon him, the smallest budget in the league to work with, Burnley esq, he's done well to keep us hanging around.

The football has been turgid. The situation with his coaches bullying players is absolutely farcical and his decision making, at times, has been boarding on barmy. But he has also shown promise, he has shown a willing to change things around, he has shown that he can get them to play a bit (however fleeting) and, as I said, we're still in the league. Then there's the fact that players *seem* to want to play for him, he handled the Benteke situation remarkably well for example.

We had a lot of key injuries last year, and I think he's had a great summer considering. All he really need do is keep us up one more time and hopefully the takeover will come. Then all bets are off.

No pressure Paul.

Why is the coaching scenario farcical?? Something obviously happened. The relationship was rotten. That is bound to have an effect on the squad. I think it was plain to see.

We bumped into Jim white on the way back from the palace game, he said the backroom scenes amongst the villa staff was poisonous thought from what he saw we were certain for the drop. No doubt you also find that farcical but this kind of thing is bound to effect the group, we had no fight in those last few weeks. It wasn't until they left we manage to get a little togetherness to limp over the line.

I personally would have loved to see Lambert here with a normal setup in place. Fair play to him for sticking around. I think you can tell he wants to be here and make it work no matter what.

• Like 4

Think the situation has been so bad that it's very unfair to distinguish between bad management and restraints. It's not exactly been great again this window in terms of financial help but we'll see. I'm a big fan of Hutton for Scotland so I'm hoping he shows that form this season

I think Paul Lambert has done a good job understand terrible circumstances and should be given a break. If you had to work in a company with the people underneath you constantly undermining you and trying to make you look stupid, you'd find it hard. That's what I think his back room team were doing last season. Coupled together with being enforced not to play some of our ' good' players e.g. The bomb squad, and not being able to have the money to spend on quality and instead had to go to the bargain bin - most people would have walked by now. I'm glad he has stayed, as leaving would have made it even worse.

With the limitations Lambert has had for this transfer windows, he has done well. We need to back him and the team for the first five games and see where we are. I've not renewed my season ticket, but will be attending the first 5 home games to show my support.

I think he's worked under really crap circumstances but i also think he's done a pretty poor job. On the whole it's been crap results and dire performances. I just think a lot of managers could probably produce similar results and style of play in the same circumstances.

Even though i think he's been poor i still don't think the circumstances around the club should be ignored. It's a shame he's had to work under them, i suspect we'll have to see him at another club to see how good he can really be.

On results I think he's done an "OK" job. He has had, if we are too to believe that the bomb squad was "forced" upon him, the smallest budget in the league to work with, Burnley esq, he's done well to keep us hanging around.

The football has been turgid. The situation with his coaches bullying players is absolutely farcical and his decision making, at times, has been boarding on barmy. But he has also shown promise, he has shown a willing to change things around, he has shown that he can get them to play a bit (however fleeting) and, as I said, we're still in the league. Then there's the fact that players *seem* to want to play for him, he handled the Benteke situation remarkably well for example.

We had a lot of key injuries last year, and I think he's had a great summer considering. All he really need do is keep us up one more time and hopefully the takeover will come. Then all bets are off.

No pressure Paul.

Why is the coaching scenario farcical?? Something obviously happened. The relationship was rotten. That is bound to have an effect on the squad. I think it was plain to see.

We bumped into Jim white on the way back from the palace game, he said the backroom scenes amongst the villa staff was poisonous thought from what he saw we were certain for the drop. No doubt you also find that farcical but this kind of thing is bound to effect the group, we had no fight in those last few weeks. It wasn't until they left we manage to get a little togetherness to limp over the line.

I personally would have loved to see Lambert here with a normal setup in place. Fair play to him for sticking around. I think you can tell he wants to be here and make it work no matter what.

I'm really confused. You seem to disagree with me in one breath then present evidence to agree in another.

Bottom line is he's got no excuses this season. He's got a full squad, done decent new signings, some old players back from the wilderness and 2 years with most of the squad. Awful fixtures early on aside (I think most of us realistically expect us on the bottom 3 come mid october no matter who's managing us) this is the year he delivers or goes

No excuse... He's had £7m to spend...

Exactly, and how much have other bottom half clubs had to spend? Most have been spending at least double that.

Bottom line is he's got no excuses this season. He's got a full squad, done decent new signings, some old players back from the wilderness and 2 years with most of the squad. Awful fixtures early on aside (I think most of us realistically expect us on the bottom 3 come mid october no matter who's managing us) this is the year he delivers or goes

No excuse... He's had £7m to spend...

That doesn't take into account the reintegration of the 'bomb-squad' though. The squad is clearly stronger than last season.

Edit: Also, I thought the reason for last season's debacle was that he had to deal with a few injuries? So providing that doesn't happen this season, he should be making clear progress. Not just on last season, but the points-total of his first season. I'd say around 45 points minimum.

Edited by Isa

I don't think he's got any excuse for not improving on last year. He's got plenty of excuses for not having a good season but it should be better than the abysmal year he had last year.

You are aware the Club is for sale and that the financial restrictions are tighter now than they have been, right?

• Like 1

I don't think he's got any excuse for not improving on last year. He's got plenty of excuses for not having a good season but it should be better than the abysmal year he had last year.

You are aware the Club is for sale and that the financial restrictions are tighter now than they have been, right?

That's not an excuse any more. Look at the players at his disposal. Doing worse than last year is unacceptable. This is his third season, regardless of financial restraints (which he's worked well under), the excuses have run out on the pitch

• Like 2

No! Really?

He's added experience, he's brought back the bomb squad, he has a highly respected assistant and has had two years working with the squad. There's no excuse for it to be as bad as last year.

Lambert and Keane looked like a fearsome duo today. Wouldnt want to piss them off, positive start and made the right calls with the subs today.

+1

Love seeing the pair of them so animated on the side line, a fantastic result today, well done lads.

Lambert and Keane looked like a fearsome duo today. Wouldnt want to piss them off, positive start and made the right calls with the subs today.

I can imagine them doing a bit of a 'good cop, bad cop' routine in the dressing room.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved seeing Keano on the touchline, need that type of character at the club

Edited by supermon
  • Like 2

makes a difference when you have options/players to make good subs.

And there's Benteke, Kozak, Sanchez etc. to add to that squad from today.

We were completely written off by everyone before today, I look forward to us doing the same with everyone's predictions for our season. Lambert had faith in his signings today and they all looked to add something to our team. Good subs as has been said above, at the right times. Great win today.

• Like 1

Â