Paul Lambert

limpid

Conceding 4 ahaknat city isn't embarrassing! They've scored over 150 goals this season and destroyed much better teams than us.

I 100% agree. What's embarassing is that's now 127 goals we've conceded in the two years under Lambert and currently only the bottom 3 have conceded more.

Conceding 4 ahaknat city isn't embarrassing! They've scored over 150 goals this season and destroyed much better teams than us.

Don't you hate it when auto-correct works ahaknat you?

;)

• Like 2

They've just said in the news that we were thrashed last night.

It probably says everything about our defence that I'm so used to letting in four goals that I no longer see it as being thrashed anymore. It's just the norm.

If he is to stay, he needs to buy defenders. Not strikers.

I'm glad people realise our place in football. There's no way we should expect anything from 11 professionals  v 11 professionals over 90 minutes. The gulf in class is just too much!

It's just a pity Sheffield UTD and Bradford didn't read the same script when they played us.

• Like 1

I really don't want us to keep sacking managers every 1-2 years and I would love to think Lambert could work things out but when ANY Manager of Aston Villa starts bigging up STAYING UP as a fantastic achievement then it is time for him to go.

In his post match interview when asked about what needs to be improved on for next season, he doesn't answer the questions and starts talking about the chairman and the statement he is going to release in the next 6/7 days. For me, that obviously shows that Lambert is not gonna be in charge next season.

I think you're right - I said a few posts back, even if Lerner stays - I think he would bin Lambert - he would need to be seen to be doing something.

I think Moyes or Laudrup will be our next manager.

If Lerner was staying and getting rid of Lambert then he may well of just done it on Sunday after we were safe. Keeping up for another week seems pointless.

Perhaps Lerner has a sense of decency and respect and wants to let Lambert see out the end of the season?

I think for nearly an hour last night we were in the game but we couldn't defend like that all night. City have put more goals past better teams so im not that down after the result. He does look like a dead man walking though

I have to problem with last night, we held out for sixty minutes and clubs have crumbled much earlier. I don't really see that lambert haduch choice.... Play attacking game and get in their faces and he would have had to deal with a 9-0 scoreline instead.

See you Paul, nice try, nice guy, hard circumstances. Like 95% of people that touch this club, you had potential and for some reason it didn't come out.

I'm glad people realise our place in football. There's no way we should expect anything from 11 professionals v 11 professionals over 90 minutes. The gulf in class is just too much!

It's just a pity Sheffield UTD and Bradford didn't read the same script when they played us.

Welcome to modern football. Not a lot of difference between clubs all the way up to the top 6, then a gulf.

It probably says everything about our defence that I'm so used to letting in four goals that I no longer see it as being thrashed anymore. It's just the norm.

He bought one last summer that got injured.

• Like 1

He bought one last summer that got injured.

Not true. He bought another one which has already been demoted to the bomb squad.

One central defender was not enough, and I said so at the time. The Chuckle Brothers shouldn't be anywhere near a Premier League team. It's not just about talent though. The general organisation of the defence is awful.

I think for nearly an hour last night we were in the game but we couldn't defend like that all night. City have put more goals past better teams so im not that down after the result. He does look like a dead man walking though

I'm sorry mate, but stretching every sinew to defend,defend,defed and holding on for grim life is not 'being in the game'.

We didn't park the bus, we parked a fleet of buses and still got battered.

Yes, we were always on a hiding to nothing last night.

Yes we have injury problems.

Yes man City are champions elect.

But **** me, show some pride....get in their faces, harry and chase, try and play the game further up the pitch than on your own half way line.

'The shackles were off last night', according to PL.

So, why didn't we play like it ?

Hmmmm, I wonder if West Ham will approach their game on Sunday the same way we did.

They'll probably get tanked as well, but at least go down fighting.   

• Like 1

There seems to be an argument that for the sake of continuity and to avoid more upheaval/going back to the drawing board that Lambert should be kept on. For me that argument falls flat on its face immediately as regardless of who is in charge this squad needs a complete overhaul and rebuild. The squad is dire and the poorest I can remember since we last dropped out of the top flight.

It will need a massive turnover in players to get us back into the top 7 – 10 which should be a realistic initial target. On top of that despite Lambert being here two years he has failed to instil any pattern to our play. I have attended every one of the home games he has been in charge and 50%+ of the away games and I genuinely do not have a clue what he is trying to do and what his footballing philosophy is. More worryingly I get the impression the players don’t have a clue either.

In two years he has basically built nothing. Not even laid any half decent foundations. From the strength/overall quality of the squad to the style of play nothing has been defined/put in place.

Come 6pm on Sunday we will most likely have just finished our worst ever Premier League season (based on points and goal difference). I could perhaps swallow on that if I  could at least see a glimmer of promise and the first bricks in place for something being built. After two years there is nothing though. I championed Lambert and was over the moon when he joined but despite acknowledging he has been dealt a poor hand by Lerner in terms of finances I can’t kid myself. I was wrong on him and sadly he was not, and is not, the man to rebuild this great club.

Agree with a lot of that Mark, think he's a goner but until the issues are resolved with Lerner this will continue. We will continue to flounder in the league.

If Lambert leaves the club, the only direction for him is down. He will not get a job better than this. He may as well stay.

Dunno, he has a very good record of getting teams promoted and keeping teams in the Prem on a shoestring. It's not beyond the realms of possibility he could end up at somewhere like Leeds or Forest, similarly big clubs, get them promoted whilst Lerner doesn't sell up here and we get relegated next year.

If Lambert leaves the club, the only direction for him is down. He will not get a job better than this. He may as well stay. 

He won't stay as it will affect the business, ST sales will be down if he stays. Instead we will get the corporate sales pitches of an American with a new manager and repeat the cycle.

Â