Paul Lambert

limpid

Like I said in the match thread the lineup and formation was awful. We won and that's all that matters, but that lineup wouldn't have done so again in another 5 attempts against hull.

Bowery thinking he was benteke pulled that out of the bag.

The win as all that matters, but that was not a clever formation to play in the circumstances

Please elaborate, I could do with a laugh.
Elaborate? We started with 5 defenders against a team looking forward to a cup final, in a game where a draw was worth barely more than a draw.

When we've played that formation before in recent times it didn't work. The odds on it working today, with all that was riding on the game, were slim.

It worked out because Bowery had a belter and looks like he's got a real understanding with wrimann, but it was incredibly, incredibly bad judgment from the manager to put that lineup out.

I've backed Lambert all the way, and will continue to back him while he's the manager, but he's made some absolutely dreadful tactical decisions in the last few months. Today was another example, but this time it worked out thankfully

How so? We came flying out of the blocks and scored very early (before the Andi & Bowery link-up). We handled (almost) everything Hull threw at us and kept up high pressure with good width until the game was secured.

You can't argue based on things that didn't happen as that is ridiculously hypothetical, besides Gabby looked well up for it today before his injury and would've probably gotten a hattrick!

You cannot say when it goes wrong it's because of Lambert but when it goes our way it is in spite of him. That is absolutely ridiculous.

If it goes wrong and it's not because of lambert I've certainly never blamed him. So many times this season it's been errors from the guys on the pitch that have let us down, not the manager. A loss doesn't always mean the manager got it wrong, and a win doesn't always mean he got it right.

IMO today is a case of the latter

I trust Lambert in the transfer department (for the most part). With the restrictions in place, we've been unlucky not to get Lukaku on loan and Holtby. Less restrictions and real investment, think he could bring in some exciting players.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Like I said in the match thread the lineup and formation was awful. We won and that's all that matters, but that lineup wouldn't have done so again in another 5 attempts against hull.

The win as all that matters, but that was not a clever formation to play in the circumstances

Please elaborate, I could do with a laugh.
Elaborate? We started with 5 defenders against a team looking forward to a cup final, in a game where a draw was worth barely more than a draw.

When we've played that formation before in recent times it didn't work. The odds on it working today, with all that was riding on the game, were slim.

It worked out because Bowery had a belter and looks like he's got a real understanding with wrimann, but it was incredibly, incredibly bad judgment from the manager to put that lineup out.

I've backed Lambert all the way, and will continue to back him while he's the manager, but he's made some absolutely dreadful tactical decisions in the last few months. Today was another example, but this time it worked out thankfully

How so? We came flying out of the blocks and scored very early (before the Andi & Bowery link-up). We handled (almost) everything Hull threw at us and kept up high pressure with good width until the game was secured.

You can't argue based on things that didn't happen as that is ridiculously hypothetical, besides Gabby looked well up for it today before his injury and would've probably gotten a hattrick!

You cannot say when it goes wrong it's because of Lambert but when it goes our way it is in spite of him. That is absolutely ridiculous.

If it goes wrong and it's not because of lambert I've certainly never blamed him. So many times this season it's been errors from the guys on the pitch that have let us down, not the manager. A loss doesn't always mean the manager got it wrong, and a win doesn't always mean he got it right.

IMO today is a case of the latter

I agree with that sentiment, but I think Lambert got it right today.

Either way, 3 points and safety!

Still think he is gone. I was firmly in the in camp but I am on the other side now. This season has been too bad imo. With that said, I would not be mad if he stayed. I am more intrigued by what will happen with the board and takeover, lerner`s statement and what kind of players we will be targeting. We need answers!

I'm glad we got the win today but it doesn't make much, if any, difference to how I regard his future here.

I'm not desperate for him to be sacked but I fear another season of the same as this next year with him in charge (he may stay here and he may surprise me and others but that takes some kind of leap of faith to think success more likely than not) and, for that reason, I think he ought to go.

Edited by snowychap

When he came I told myself I would give him 3 seasons ( provided we didn't get relegated ) because that's how long I felt it would take to reshape the squad and get rid of the high earner's. If we're not comfortably mid-table by this point next season i'll agree he needs to go.

I'd hope he get's a crack next year if we get new owner's who will give him a bigger transfer budget. 

• Like 2

Stop being fickle. The bottom 10 stinks equally. No point changing manager to repeat this stuff. I believe in Lambert. At least one more season.

Haha that's a good post.
Is there any need for these sarcastic replies BJ10?
  • Like 2

Cant wait when he leaves.

He just helped guarantee it.

Are you ITK?

Or still trying to brainwash your self inflated opinion on everyone else?

Just out of interest as you sound sure

That's not really fair, is it? Lambert set us up with 5 at the back, but that frequently changed to 3. So many people moan that 3 at the back is defensive, but the amount of times that Bertrand and Lowton got forward, to either attack or support the midfield, surely 3/5 at the back, can be classed as an attacking formation? Also, saying that the same line-up wouldn't have won in another 5 attempts is pretty saft. Why wouldn't it? It just did.
  • Like 1

Stop being fickle. The bottom 10 stinks equally. No point changing manager to repeat this stuff. I believe in Lambert. At least one more season.

Haha that's a good post.

He doesn't understand football, what else can he do?

• Like 1

Haha that's a good post.

He doesn't understand football, what else can he do?

For someone with a lack of understanding I've been right more than most. Keep believing though.

That's not really fair, is it? Lambert set us up with 5 at the back, but that frequently changed to 3. So many people moan that 3 at the back is defensive, but the amount of times that Bertrand and Lowton got forward, to either attack or support the midfield, surely 3/5 at the back, can be classed as an attacking formation? Also, saying that the same line-up wouldn't have won in another 5 attempts is pretty saft. Why wouldn't it? It just did.

Because it's success rate previously was almost nil, whereas other formations have usually yielded (moderately) better results. It was an unnecessary gamble IMO. He got it wrong, but it worked out. It happens, just like getting it right and not having things work out (as he has done far more than the former in the last 2 years)

Cant wait when he leaves.

He just helped guarantee it.

Are you ITK?

Or still trying to brainwash your self inflated opinion on everyone else?

Just out of interest as you sound sure

He will be going shall not say any-more.

Â