Paul Lambert

limpid

According to Mick Dennis, at Norwich and Colchester Culverhouse did all the tactics and substitutions, so this could have a big affect on how we play from now on.

Then what does lambert do?

This is one of the things I have never understood about the manager role in English football. In Norway the manager picks the team, train the players and is always on the training ground. I hear it is different in England. When I first heard about it, it was when I heard that MON barely was at the training ground. He let Robertson and the other coaches do that.

It is a weird concept. BTW, those who say that Moyes struggle because he god rid of Ferguson's coaches may be right if it is so that the manager role in England is like we have seen with MON and Lambert.

I'm all of a sudden looking forward to Saturdays game

Because 2 coaches have been suspended?
If we believe that we were playing IC or GC's tactics then why wouldn't we?

So you've been backing a manager that doesn't even decide what tactics we play? You have faith in a manager that doesn't do anything? That's hilarious.

Haha i knew this would be a new excuse to jump on.

Where in Rob's post is there a hint of an excuse?

You're just trying to cause an argument. Again.

Yeah never saw you arguing with morpheous.

He mentioned believing they were responsible for tactics. That takes away responsibility from lambert and is an excuse for our shit tactics this season.

I have to admit, I clearly can nothing about how the clubs set up the responsibilities with managers and coaches.

I have only played Football Manager, and it gives a wrong picture of what a manager do, obviously.

So you've been backing a manager that doesn't even decide what tactics we play? You have faith in a manager that doesn't do anything? That's hilarious.

Where in Rob's post is there a hint of an excuse?

You're just trying to cause an argument. Again.

Yeah never saw you arguing with morpheous.

He mentioned believing they were responsible for tactics. That takes away responsibility from lambert and is an excuse for our shit tactics this season.

Or you've created a straw man so you can have an argument. Reply to what's there, not what you think is there.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Shambles yet again at this club, we are a complete mess and it isn't the first time in recent years. 

We need a complete clear out starting with the chairman. Lambert needs to go but nothing will seriously change until Lerner is out of here.

• Like 1

After all the fallout will Bannan get an official pardon?

Yes he will and everything will be fine from now on as Lambert has realised after all these years that he is not shit after all and he was being held back by Culverhouse and Karsa.

Happy days!

• Like 1

According to Mick Dennis, at Norwich and Colchester Culverhouse did all the tactics and substitutions, so this could have a big affect on how we play from now on.

Then what does lambert do?

This is one of the things I have never understood about the manager role in English football. In Norway the manager picks the team, train the players and is always on the training ground. I hear it is different in England. When I first heard about it, it was when I heard that MON barely was at the training ground. He let Robertson and the other coaches do that.

It is a weird concept. BTW, those who say that Moyes struggle because he god rid of Ferguson's coaches may be right if it is so that the manager role in England is like we have seen with MON and Lambert.

Honestly varies - I know Moyes is a lot more hands on in training than Fergie was, and once Hughton took over at Norwich the players remarked that, unlike Lambert, he would often take training.

I'm guessing it varies around the country really. Esp. with clubs who have a DoF.

Considering we only found out this supposed information Today, do you care to show me any posts of mine where I'm supporting the manager? Because surely you're not referring to posts previous to when this information was told?

Also, where have I used this as an excuse? I've just agreed with someone who said they're looking forward to Saturday, with implied optimism.

I'm sure you're looking forward to Saturday, if only to see your team lose, so that you can call for the managers head again.

I'm sure you're looking forward to Saturday, if only to see your team lose, so that you can call for the managers head again.

Haha love these posts. Proven wrong so try to make personal digs. That's a shame.

To be fair you caused the argument with your straw man.

• Like 1

I’ve never claimed to be an ITK and I’m not going to start now but from time to time I've heard things from very reliable people, and as some of my posts in this thread have suggested I've heard a bit in relation to events today and leading to them.

I received information only two days ago specifically mentioning the phrase “the enemy within” then I think it’s only fair to assume my friend (who knows one of the players very well) has fairly accurate information.

I know everyone will have their own opinions and own theories behind events today but this what he had to say about what has gone on. Some think its Lambert being undermined and pushed out, others that he is next. Well what I've been told might clear-up a lot of the speculation.

I'm told Culverhouse and Karsa were hated by everyone at the football club but especially the first-team players. There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

Karsa thought he was Mr Big at the football club and was constantly ultra critical of the players and mouthed off at Paul Faulkner on several occasions for not releasing more money for new players.

They are both last in the training ground and first out while Lambert is there from 8am until 6pm almost every day. They also refused to move to Birmingham.

People seem to think Lambert has had Given forced on him and that he was part of the infamous bomb squad, neither are true. Lambert never once fell-out with Shay Given. Even although he wasn’t playing, a mixture of which was down to his wages but also Lambert preferred Guzan, they always got on extremely well. Given always trained with the first-team and was never ever considered to one of the ‘Bomb squad’.

Lambet has always had a good relationship with Sid Cowans. By all accounts Lambert never missed a reserve or youth game and is very supportive (although doesn’t think it’s fair to blood them when the team are under so much pressure) but will play some of them once we are safe.

Everyone at BMH was informed of the news this morning and training today was better than before and the players clapped Lambert on to the pitch. Lambert was “very hands-on” which wasn’t always the case and that is to continue now.

Vlaar and one or two senior players spoke to the rest of the team and everyone is desperate to get results for Lambert. They also told Faulkner they will prove that in the coming games at a meeting today.

So as much as all this is pretty crazy stuff to take in, if the above information is true and if you look at my previous posts on this particular subject accurate it has been, then this might actually be a turning point.

We will have to wait and see I guess starting with the next game. I don't expect this to instantly change peoples views or for some to change their views at all, that is fair enough people are entitled to their opinions. But don't attack me for sharing this it even if you think its a load of rubbish. I'm just sharing what I've been told and given who its come from what I believe.

Lets hope this change signals a change in fortunes.

Thanks for sharing and you were clearly right with your info earlier.

It should have a positive effect but I think that's just one issue to effect us. Unfortunately the major issues are still here.

Karsa thought he was Mr Big at the football club and was constantly ultra critical of the players and mouthed off at Paul Faulkner on several occasions for not releasing more money for new players.

I have a new-found respect for him!!

In all seriousness, a very interesting post - the bit about Culverhouse's training methods is particularly disturbing.

Â