Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert gets another season for me. If he gets £20-25m in the summer he needs to go buy 3 quality players and not get any more filler. I understand why he went a purchased filler like Sylla, Tonev, Helenius becasue we need numbers in case of injuries etc. But now is the time to build with quality. 2 or 3 quality players should see us comfortably mid-table next season. 2 or 3 quality players the year after should see us being a rather good team. 

I'd like to see three big signings and then one or two more with potential, who don't have to play as we already have quality in the side.

It isn't harsh to lose when you concede four goals. Ultimately, they took their opportunities, we squandered ours.

It wasn't harsh to lose - the scoreline was harsh though.  Completely different things.

It should've been a 4-3 loss in all honesty.  Shame we played Emile Heskey upfront.

Lambert gets another season for me. If he gets £20-25m in the summer he needs to go buy 3 quality players and not get any more filler. I understand why he went a purchased filler like Sylla, Tonev, Helenius becasue we need numbers in case of injuries etc. But now is the time to build with quality. 2 or 3 quality players should see us comfortably mid-table next season. 2 or 3 quality players the year after should see us being a rather good team. 

Yes but do we have the wage structure to get  players of proven quality in the 5-12 million bracket? Because that is what this side needs if we ever want to be a top 8 ever again.

Yes but do we have the wage structure to get  players of proven quality in the 5-12 million bracket? Because that is what this side needs if we ever want to be a top 8 ever again.

I'd like to think once Nzogbia, Given, Hutton, Bent are gone we can. That's 4 decent players right there. Then with the extra TV money we should be able to up our wage bracket a little.

• Like 1

I am in the "If we stay up he gets another season with a better transfer budget to see what he can do" brigade. Would like to know if we are still looking up the table though as we have now developed a rather large gap to the likes of Southampton and Stoke.

• Like 1

I'd like to think once Nzogbia, Given, Hutton, Bent are gone we can. That's 4 decent players right there. Then with the extra TV money we should be able to up our wage bracket a little.

Depends how much you trust Lerner. He could look at it and think if Lambert can keep Villa up with a restricted wage bill then  it could be more money to pay down debts and make the club look very attractive to a new owner.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I am in the "If we stay up he gets another season with a better transfer budget to see what he can do" brigade. Would like to know if we are still looking up the table though as we have now developed a rather large gap to the likes of Southampton and Stoke.

Proud History Bright Future etc, etc......

Depends how much you trust Lerner. He could look at it and think if Lambert can keep Villa up with a restricted wage bill then  it could be more money to pay down debts and make the club look very attractive to a new owner.

Yep, I am not sure much will change. It is no longer about football but about raking in the money for little output.

I don't think Lambert is the problem. Other managers would probably have got relegated with the squad he took over at the start of last season.

The problem is the owners and while they are in charge it's gonna be the same old shit every season.

• Like 2

Showed he has no tactical nonce at all again today. After a 4-1 hammering last week he plays the same formation and the same players (baring injury) who looked totally inept.

He should have gone 442 and given the defense some protection. Even though Man U are shite this year they are still way better than us. We should of frustrated them, especially after we took the lead. He obviously can't coach a back four as most of our player watch the ball or man instead of watching for danger and covering their area of the pitch.

He then takes Albrighton off and leaves Weimann on? Did anyone else see Weimann do anything today? At least Albrighton tried to created something. 

We won't replace him this season but we seriously need to look at it in the summer. 

Saying that, if we beat Fulham next week I think we will be safe. 

#Lambertout

Didn't you say this already? Only about an hour ago?

Isn't he allowed to keep the same opinion, or do you expect him to change it?

#Lambertout

I think it's the fact that he posted the exact same thing twice. What's the point?

#Lambertout

I think it's the fact that he posted the exact same thing twice. What's the point?

What's the point in defending him multiple times every day? People do that and they are entitled too just as he can say #lamberkout

#Lambertout

What's the point in defending him multiple times every day? People do that and they are entitled too just as he can say #lamberkout

I haven't seen anyone come in here and post "#LambertIn" and then post the same thing an hour later. It's got nothing to do with the general message (disapproving of Lambert) but rather how its put across.

Â