Paul Lambert

limpid

Owners react by sacking managers mid way through a season but tend to forget the new manager will have more or less the same squad to work with. Look what happened to Wolves!

With Villa it simply comes down to the size of our squad. Lose a few key players and we go from being a mid table premier league team in to a championship team. If Lambert got sacked last or this January I still think the team would have stayed up. The new manager would get the credit but the main reason is the key players returned.

So in a nutshell there is no real point sacking a manager that has proven he can keep teams up until the season is over.

The worrying thing for me is no longer our manager, it is the fact our remit for the past 3 years is keep us in this league. That's a real shame for such a big club.

I think the target now for the total points has to be 45 points minimum.

With home games against Stoke, Hull & Fulham, as well as games against Crystal Palace and Swansea, I think it is reasonable to be optimistic.

The only one of our remaining fixtures that I'd write off is Citeh away, that game is pretty terrifying to be honest especially if Citeh need points for the title!

The only one of our remaining fixtures that I'd write off is Citeh away, that game is pretty terrifying to be honest especially if Citeh need points for the title!

There's no shame in getting smashed there. Even something like 4 or 5 nil I wouldn't be too bothered about, and I don't think it'd knock the confidence of the players much either.

I know that's quite a defeatist attitude but City really that good at home this season.

• Like 1

Owners react by sacking managers mid way through a season but tend to forget the new manager will have more or less the same squad to work with. Look what happened to Wolves!

With Villa it simply comes down to the size of our squad. Lose a few key players and we go from being a mid table premier league team in to a championship team. If Lambert got sacked last or this January I still think the team would have stayed up. The new manager would get the credit but the main reason is the key players returned.

So in a nutshell there is no real point sacking a manager that has proven he can keep teams up until the season is over.

The worrying thing for me is no longer our manager, it is the fact our remit for the past 3 years is keep us in this league. That's a real shame for such a big club.

That period you mention is a repair job....hopefully that's behind us now....we'll see if it's genuine or not.

I think the target now for the total points has to be 45 points minimum.

With home games against Stoke, Hull & Fulham, as well as games against Crystal Palace and Swansea, I think it is reasonable to be optimistic.

Sometimes they have been complacent at home and only just won. If we keep it tight, break quickly, expose Demechelis and somehow not let Toure control the game. Then you never know....

Our boys play much better when they have nothing to lose, which is why we've played so well against the top sides this season. I think after we have 40 points in the bag, we'll start lighting up teams to finish the season out. Benteke knows he needs to start putting in some performances before the World Cup to beat out Lukaku for that starting spot on the Belgium team, so he'll be hungry. Delph will be looking for a plane ticket to Brazil, Okore will probably be back for a game or two, Weimann will want to find his scoring boots again, etc.

• Like 1

As I've posted in the match thread, I'm by no means pro-lambert (or especially anti) but this has got to be chalked up to the players rather than him, as of half time.

We controlled the game and looked threatening for the first 10/15 mins, deservedly taking the lead, then the players seemed to get too comfortable and sat back and some of the individual defending and positioning has been among the worst you will see.

Lets hope he gives them an absolute rocket at half time and everyone wakes up.

• Like 1

I think this game is proving the point that we are 1 or 2 injuries away from being a championship team. KEA getting injured has always made it feel like 10 men such is the lack of replacement. Lambert has to address this in the summer.

• Like 1

There's about 5 player's I'd be shot of - I don't think you can really blame Lambert for this result. Several players in our team are an absolute disgrace and shouldnt be anywhere near the team.

There's about 5 player's I'd be shot of - I don't think you can really blame Lambert for this result. Several players in our team are an absolute disgrace and shouldnt be anywhere near the team.

You can blame him for signing them. Oh well, let's move on to the next game.

Let down by the players today. Too many of them didn't put in a shift and Baker and Bacuna basically got raped.  Bad day at the office and our worst game of the season by a long way.  Be interesting to see how we respond against Man Utd.

Well that was absolutely crap, NOT ONE player played well and only a couple did ok.

This was a completely inept performance by the players in the last thirty minutes of the first half the manager obviously gave them a rocket at half time they came out got frustrated within 5 or 10 min then the numbers of fouls we committed and cards we received was just stupid. Completely down to the players.

Â