Paul Lambert

limpid

We were rubbish until Benteke's goal today. We set up with the same old system and it was the same old performance. Credit to the players for actually realising they can go and do something, and we were fantastic for the 15 minute period after it. To be honest I don't think much of that was down to Lambert?

So was it Lambert's fault that we started rubbish but then the credit goes to the players and not Lambert for the result?

I think Lambert deserves credit. We played better football and won an important game.

• Like 3

I don't think that anything between now and the end of the season will really change anyone's minds about Lambert. All I know is that as long as we stay up, he'll be at the club, which is looking pretty likely now. It makes the bickering a bit redundant really, the next thing on the agenda is the next transfer window and how he performs. Hopefully he'll have a bit more to spend for doing a lot of the club's dirty work.

• Like 1

We were rubbish until Benteke's goal today. We set up with the same old system and it was the same old performance. Credit to the players for actually realising they can go and do something, and we were fantastic for the 15 minute period after it. To be honest I don't think much of that was down to Lambert?

So was it Lambert's fault that we started rubbish but then the credit goes to the players and not Lambert for the result?

What tactical genius did Lambert do to change the game? All I saw was the players having a go at the opposition. Lambert is too negative and only puts survival in the players mind, and not victory,

Great win today. Well done to Lambert and the squad.

It's worrying how bad we started though, this team need to concede before they start playing. Lambert needs to sort that mentality out.  It's amazing what 1 goal can do, Benteke's first completely changed the mentality of both teams and the fans in the ground. Once we got the first suddenly we could pass the ball to our own team and control it properly. This team needs to play with confidence from the get-go. 

But all in all, a home win! WTF!

What tactical genius did Lambert do to change the game? All I saw was the players having a go at the opposition. Lambert is too negative and only puts survival in the players mind, and not victory,
Why does he have to change anything? At the end of the day we got the result, with the team that he put out. He didn't need to change anything.

Did Lambert set the team out to defend and then they thought **** him we're going to attack?

I really can't believe that people are blaming him for us going behind but no credit for the result

Edited by The_Lions_Roar
  • Like 1

It was a nice win and a nice result today, but we'll need more of them before the season is out. I'm a fan of Lambert but we need to see improvement year-on-year if I'm going to continue to support him. We got 41 points last season and we're on 31 this season with 10 games left to go. I'd like us to get at least 43, preferably 45.

But until the season is over, he has my support. Today just seems like further evidence that we should judge the season on where we finish rather than the recent results, whether they be good or bad.

• Like 2

Well the players seemed further up the pitch after 20 minutes - KEA often up front at times. So there was a tactical shift.

I don't think that anything between now and the end of the season will really change anyone's minds about Lambert. All I know is that as long as we stay up, he'll be at the club, which is looking pretty likely now. It makes the bickering a bit redundant really, the next thing on the agenda is the next transfer window and how he performs. Hopefully he'll have a bit more to spend for doing a lot of the club's dirty work.

This summer is huge.  Huge.

Will also give us a better understanding of exactly what kind of a manager Lambert is (assuming he gets money to spend).

We started off terribly again, were poor until Benteke's bit of brilliance. This lifted the players and they had a go. Lambert could well have been responsible for this but I'm not quite sure how as we didn't appear to change it much. That's just my opinion, I don't think we played that well today apart from a 15 minute period, and Norwich were awful. However I'm delighted with the result and hopefully we can steer ourselves away from that dreaded relegation zone.

Lambert > Hughton every single time. Bassong is a disgrace. Lazy, liability, week in, week out. Said it before and i'll say it again, he is the weak link at centre back and when everybody is fit he should be 4th choice. How he is captain only Hughton knows. 3-1 Villa. Lambert is a class above, god we miss him.

From a Norwich forum.

Well played to the manager and the team today.

Something I noticed today, and other games at vp I've been to.

Fans are always bemoaning are inability to keep possesion of the ball. When we are in possesion the vocal element in the crowd are urging us to pass forward. We make 4-5 easy passes across the defence and u can hear the tension rising...'forward...forward' they scream. Then the ball is passed backwards and the neanderthals are apoplectic....thus creating panic in the team and the player in possesion, who then feels he must punt it forward immediately to appease the idiots. Then it is described as hoof ball, that we are s**t and that's all we can do.

Or is it just me???

• Like 3

Fans are always bemoaning are inability to keep possesion of the ball. When we are in possesion the vocal element in the crowd are urging us to pass forward. We make 4-5 easy passes across the defence and u can hear the tension rising...'forward...forward' they scream. Then the ball is passed backwards and the neanderthals are apoplectic....thus creating panic in the team and the player in possesion, who then feels he must punt it forward immediately to appease the idiots. Then it is described as hoof ball, that we are s**t and that's all we can do.

Or is it just me???

Think it's just you. The fans have become that way because they know its going to get hoofed forward. We've also played some awful long ball stuff away from home as well.

We started off terribly again, were poor until Benteke's bit of brilliance. This lifted the players and they had a go. Lambert could well have been responsible for this but I'm not quite sure how as we didn't appear to change it much. That's just my opinion, I don't think we played that well today apart from a 15 minute period, and Norwich were awful. However I'm delighted with the result and hopefully we can steer ourselves away from that dreaded relegation zone.
maybe the system was fine and the players were just playing poorly for the first 20 minutes?

See how you can twist a situation either way if you want to?

• Like 1

maybe the system was fine and the players were just playing poorly for the first 20 minutes?

See how you can twist a situation either way if you want to?

Normally I'd say the same but there have been too many times this season it's happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shouted Lambert out from the rooftops currently after we have just secured an excellent 4-1 victory. I'm just confused why we can't play like that 15 minute period more often and it takes something to spark us into life.

Or is it just me???

Its just you blaming the fans for Lamberts inadiquacies of not being able to coach, motivate and instill confidence in the team.

Or is it just me???

Think it's just you. The fans have become that way because they know its going to get hoofed forward. We've also played some awful long ball stuff away from home as well.

If the fans want it passed forward as soon as possible then inevitably it will be hoofed. There is nothing wrong with passing it backwards....now there's something to think about :D

Nothing needed to change. To change something after 20 mins would of been panicking.

• Like 1

Or is it just me???

I notice this all the time. I doubt it's limited to only our fans but I can't stand it. They want possession, they want it to only go forward. You can't keep possession without going backwards sometimes.

Â