Paul Lambert

limpid

In comparison to this time last year we were 18th place on 24 points, we're currently 13th and on 28 points (that should really have been higher, but there you go).

I think it seems like we're on course for just over 40 points at the end of the season.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Greetings folks

Returning to the boards after a long absence.

I have barely commentated on here all season and hardly even browsed to read the topics.

I have however been paying attention to Villa without the miss guided opinions of villa talk to contrast any clouds of vision.

Now for all it is worth I believe real progress has been made on the pitch in the space of these last 12 months.

This time last year we had played 27 games, we where 18th on 24pts and only 7pts from 20th with a -36 GD and a team still half full of high earning deadwood and not a hope in hell did we think we were going to survive.

This season on 27 games we are currently in 13th on 28pts and only 7pts from 20th and a -10 GD and a chance that we could still finnish in the top 10!

If you told me at the start of this season we will be there or thereabouts near that 10th spot I would have took it there and then considering the circumstances of where this club has been and came from in the last 4 years!.

Lambert is doing a very tidy steady job being this not even his second full season yet and I am already reading people ready to turn on him!  :o

The man should have the contact extension placed in front of him at the end of the season based on a full 24 month comparison.

He has in my opinion worked wonders with the shoe string budget he has worked on. There has been some nice little signings, there has been some really bizarre signings but overall progress is still happening slowly but surely.

The man has barely finished getting rid of the deadwood of the last 3 managers and not even finished fully building his own team yet and already people are getting impatient and starting to threaten to turn. It is just unbelievable,

I tell you now, if we get rid of Lambert then it definitely is curtains for Aston Villa.

Run by a CEO who has not a sodding clue what he is doing, Lambert is our last hope of keeping a decent manager!

I don't know who people think we would replace him with but looking at what will be in place is a half built team from the 4th manager in 4 years and limited resources available at this club, combined with the impatient fan 2 year cycle syndrome - no one in there right mind would take this on this job unless they did not have a clue what was going on!

I am happy with how Lambert is progressing us slowly and gradually as a team year by year whilst coming up against some challenging situations along the way and working within a tight budget and still clearing deadwood is very fine doing and I would like to see him here for another 3 seasons if we can keep improving how we have in this last near 2 seasons under his management!

LAMBERT IN!   :thumb:

Welcome back chap!

Seasons not over, I wonder what your thinking will be when end up finishing lower than last season, which is what we are heading for, or worst still relegated!!!

Greetings folks

I have barely commentated on here all season and hardly even browsed to read the topics.

I have however been paying attention to Villa without the miss guided opinions of villa talk to contrast any clouds of vision.

Now for all it is worth I believe real progress has been made on the pitch in the space of these last 12 months.

This time last year we had played 27 games, we where 18th on 24pts and only 7pts from 20th with a -36 GD and a team still half full of high earning deadwood and not a hope in hell did we think we were going to survive.

This season on 27 games we are currently in 13th on 28pts and only 7pts from 20th and a -10 GD and a chance that we could still finnish in the top 10!

If you told me at the start of this season we will be there or thereabouts near that 10th spot I would have took it there and then considering the circumstances of where this club has been and came from in the last 4 years!.

Lambert is doing a very tidy steady job being this not even his second full season yet and I am already reading people ready to turn on him! :o

The man should have the contact extension placed in front of him at the end of the season based on a full 24 month comparison.

He has in my opinion worked wonders with the shoe string budget he has worked on. There has been some nice little signings, there has been some really bizarre signings but overall progress is still happening slowly but surely.

The man has barely finished getting rid of the deadwood of the last 3 managers and not even finished fully building his own team yet and already people are getting impatient and starting to threaten to turn. It is just unbelievable,

I tell you now, if we get rid of Lambert then it definitely is curtains for Aston Villa.

Run by a CEO who has not a sodding clue what he is doing, Lambert is our last hope of keeping a decent manager!

I don't know who people think we would replace him with but looking at what will be in place is a half built team from the 4th manager in 4 years and limited resources available at this club, combined with the impatient fan 2 year cycle syndrome - no one in there right mind would take this on this job unless they did not have a clue what was going on!

I am happy with how Lambert is progressing us slowly and gradually as a team year by year whilst coming up against some challenging situations along the way and working within a tight budget and still clearing deadwood is very fine doing and I would like to see him here for another 3 seasons if we can keep improving how we have in this last near 2 seasons under his management!

LAMBERT IN! :thumb:

Welcome back chap!

Seasons not over, I wonder what your thinking will be when end up finishing lower than last season, which is what we are heading for, or worst still relegated!!!

Heading for?

West ham were 'heading for' relegation 4 games ago.

Greetings folks

This season on 27 games we are currently in 13th on 28pts and only 7pts from 20th and a -10 GD and a chance that we could still finnish in the top 10!

Lambert is doing a very tidy steady job being this not even his second full season yet and I am already reading people ready to turn on him!  :o

I don't know who people think we would replace him with but looking at what will be in place is a half built team from the 4th manager in 4 years and limited resources available at this club, combined with the impatient fan 2 year cycle syndrome - no one in there right mind would take this on this job unless they did not have a clue what was going on!

I am happy with how Lambert is progressing us slowly and gradually as a team year by year whilst coming up against some challenging situations along the way and working within a tight budget and still clearing deadwood is very fine doing and I would like to see him here for another 3 seasons if we can keep improving how we have in this last near 2 seasons under his management!

LAMBERT IN!   :thumb:

I'm guessing you haven't watched us playing much this season either.  ;)

• Like 2

In comparison to this time last year we were 18th place on 24 points, we're currently 13th and on 28 points (that should really have been higher, but there you go).

I think it seems like we're on course for just over 40 points at the end of the season.

Not on current form we're not.

I think what is concerning most people is the return of 9 points from the last 36 available, when during those games we have played Swansea, Cardiff, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and West Brom whilst playing some pretty dreadful football along the way. I think that is fair enough to be concerned after that little run. What concerns the most is our ability to lose to the teams around us, when in reality they are the games that will either save us or relegate us. The team seems to be unable to string two decent halves of a football match together, let alone two or three decent matches together.

I must admit that the season started fairly brightly for us with the win at Arsenal and valiant defeat at Chelsea, but we have regressed massively over the last few months and those performances seem a distant memory. I know we haven't been on the receiving end of any major tonkings like last season, but things don't appear to be getting any better in terms of performances, and the average points per game is starting to come down in line with last seasons efforts. This all makes for a nervy finish to the season for us.

I hear the argument that Lambert hasn't had the finances to compete at the top, but the reality is he should have achieved better results with what was left at his disposal. The teams coming up have spent more money than us in transfers, but the reality is they needed to to catch up to where we should be. I am not convinced the players he has bought into the club bar Vlaar and Benteke have the ability to play regularly and be succesful at the top level. I hope I am wrong, and we finish the season strongly and he builds a bit of craft and guile into the team in the summer but I can't see it.

I think what is concerning most people is the return of 9 points from the last 36 available, when during those games we have played Swansea, Cardiff, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and West Brom whilst playing some pretty dreadful football along the way.

God it really is awful. No excuse makes that OK. He's done a terrible job this season.

I think what is concerning most people is the return of 9 points from the last 36 available, when during those games we have played Swansea, Cardiff, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and West Brom whilst playing some pretty dreadful football along the way.

God it really is awful. No excuse makes that OK. He's done a terrible job this season.

Exactly.  People at the start of the season were saying that Lambert had done well considering how hard our first lot of games were.  And how when the easier fixtures kicked in, we'd be OK.  Well, those people have suddenly gone a bit quiet, and those "easy" fixtures have suddenly started to look anything but.

Current form guide will see us comfortably relegated. We either improve or were gone

well on current form table of last 10 games as you insist has 6 teams below us and of them 6 teams, 5 of them are below us in the table and Swansea has same amount of points

From BBC. Mel sounds just what we need!

"Senior players have expressed their concerns to Mel after struggling to adapt to the 50-year-old's preference for a high-tempo pressing game...

It is understood the players' preference is to adopt West Brom's usual counter-attacking style, which helped them finish eighth last season and 10th the previous term."

Straght swap!?

From BBC. Mel sounds just what we need!

"Senior players have expressed their concerns to Mel after struggling to adapt to the 50-year-old's preference for a high-tempo pressing game...

It is understood the players' preference is to adopt West Brom's usual counter-attacking style, which helped them finish eighth last season and 10th the previous term."

Straght swap!?

Why not, at least we can understand what Mel is saying!

• Like 1

Current form guide will see us comfortably relegated. We either improve or were gone

well on current form table of last 10 games as you insist has 6 teams below us and of them 6 teams, 5 of them are below us in the table and Swansea has same amount of points

The standard currency is last 6 games which has us 17th with WBA Cardiff and Fulham below us . I can see Fulham improving though as they have a better squad and manager than us .

The standard currency is last 6 games which has us 17th with WBA Cardiff and Fulham below us . I can see Fulham improving though as they have a better squad and manager than us .

last 5 has us 15th and game before that was 2-2 at Liverpool. 

So 17th after 6. Whatever way you try and spin it, it's still shite

Better squad and manager?!!

:huh:

So 17th after 6. Whatever way you try and spin it, it's still shite

but still 3 teams below us in the table are in worse form and you are saying its all on current form ;)

Â