The Most Alcohol You've Consumed in One Session

maqroll

nowhere near as much as some of you guys, but I'm a lightweight, I used to have a very narrow window between happily sloshed and sickeningly hammered.

probably during an all day lock in challenge at a student pub when I was a student. Ambitiously took a couple of books to study, bu that went out the window by about 3pm. Had one of everything in the bar, was something like 1 x guinness, 1 x strongbow 5/6 x beers and lagers on tap - including a revolting Carling - that was saved towards the end by which time I was drunk enough to absorb the nastiness - one of each of the bottled beers in the fridge, and one of all the spirits with a mixer. By the end as the spirit drinks were short I was then electing to go on doubles once those had been finished. As it was approximately 13 hours of drinking I was remarkably fine, think I drank some of them slowly enough to absorb it + ensured I had two fat pub meals as well. 

Was quite good fun now looking back, I had friends on rotation duty coming by during the day for company ( of the three of us who started the challenge, one - mr bravado - bailed after 6 hours, the other felt sick a little later and went on to the soft drinks, which seemed like cheating really ) 

i was on it last night and compared to what my nights used to be like it was a pretty normal night but i feel like shit today, had about 8 or 9 pints and 5 or 6 jager bombs which is pretty normal going but i just cant do it like i used to.

I never bomb Jager, that stuff is there to be drunk straight, in weatherspoons though they charge you about £5.50 for a double

With lemonade, tastes great, struggle with anything with red bull in it, especially jäger bombs that are like 4/5 gulps to get rid of

Despite my earlier claim (which was a joke just to reiterate) I am a total lightweight these days.

In my fat uni days I could put them away without even noticing. 

3 or 4 pints these days and I'm tipsy.

I can drink, but some of the numbers mentioned in this thread are ridiculous. Are you SURE you're telling the truth?

I was just automatically dividing every number quoted in this thread by 3 tbh

• Like 1

I can drink, but some of the numbers mentioned in this thread are ridiculous. Are you SURE you're telling the truth?

All I can say is that when I was 19-21 my body was sturdier then. I was rarely a heavy drinker, but sustaining it over a long period of time was no issue for me, only the times when drinks were crammed into a 3 hour burst did issues arise. 

And me, but I'm no longer a teenager where claiming to drink 10 pints before feeling anything impresses anyone

10 pints? That's £40...

What I find is that after 4 pints I'm slurring but I can soldier on, 1am and losing vision I can soldier on, been a while since I've had a pizza or taxi night, or even a free lift home cos the guy in the pizza shop feels sorry for me, miss those nights :(

That said I did get drunk at the libertines in the summer, lose everyone, not remember where my mini bus home was and have to sleep on a wall outside the train station until the 1st train home, wasn't fun, my drinking has been curtailed since then

thats where im at now, im on the border line of knocking the shit on the head because saturday night i spent a bit and im still tired from it. i said to the missus half hour ago that i dont enjoy going out get hammered anymore and find it boring and i truly believe it wont be long before having a night out becomes a very rare thing.

ive drank crazy amounts of alcohol but thats down to being high on coke which enables you to do it. 

two pints can just completely change me, not tipsy off them but my whole persona can just change. ive always gained confidence from alcohol so thats probably the reason.

I hear you there.

Around certain people and small groups I am fine but 2 pints can take me from being timid not saying a word on a table of 8 to chatting to everyone.

Edited by rodders0223

I think there comes a point (or there should come a point!) when you realise being absolutely legless and £60+ down, then waking up feeling like death shit on your brain and being useless for 2-3 days afterward, is just not worth the trouble. After that point, you drink less and as such it takes less to get you drunk.

Yep. I used to be able to consume a lot, not anymore. I can go a month without a drink. I don't drink at home anymore, just when I go out. 4 pints and i'm seeing double!  :D

I kinda like that a £5 bottle of plonk is more than enough these days . I shudder to think what I have pissed away in the last 2 decades. It has to easily be a 5 figure sum . A minimum of £25k anyway, at a guess .

Â