limpid

A lot of people were saying we'd see a different, much improved Baker if he slotted into this defensive unit and maybe we're seeing little glimmers of that here. I imagine he'll benefit massively from being constantly spoken to by Senderos, who seems to enjoy organising, in comparison to Vlaar who is a great defender but not a defensive marshall

So many people doubted Baker, but he's doing well.

The reset button got pushed this season - open minds, keep the faith.

I really want Senderos to score now... he bloody well deserves it.

Gotta say, Although its slightly risky, Senderos and Hutton leaving one in on Ballotelli is good to see. Its the kind of defensive nous that we've missed for so many seasons.

Agree.

It is risky. Good to wind ballotelli up, he's got a short temper so that's good, but no point getting a red in winding him up

The Senderos one off the ball was stupid, but the hard, fair tackles are not.

• Like 1

I fear the introduction of Sterling here. He's been in great form this season so far and he could definitely change this game for them.

Maybe get Sanchez on in response if he is brought on, but I wouldn't want to make that change too early...

Well this is really refreshing to see.  We don't look like scaredy cats just hoping for the best but we seem to have a bit of a plan in place (about blooming time too some would say). After 4 games, from what I see so far we have nothing to fear this season.  Credit must go to Lambert and Keane methinks. 

• Like 2

Gotta say, Although its slightly risky, Senderos and Hutton leaving one in on Ballotelli is good to see. Its the kind of defensive nous that we've missed for so many seasons.

Agree.
It is risky. Good to wind ballotelli up, he's got a short temper so that's good, but no point getting a red in winding him up
I'm actually impressed with how well Ballotelli has controlled himself. Hopefully he'll lose it second half.

Terrific.

No mention even by some of our lot on here that we are missing our two best players and main new signing.

Great credit to lambo and Rambo for a tactically perfect half full of meaningful passes when we have the ball, great organisation, great spirit.

It will be a good season if this keeps up, regardless of the result.

• Like 2