Arsenal

maqroll

I was going to say I'm shocked Wenger has bought in someone with as little technical ability as Welbeck, but then I remembered Sonogo and Bentner and thought never mind.

Seriously though, how does Wenger have as much technical ability in his midfield, but goes for dross upfront?

His forwards always had good technique.. Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Van Persie..

His latest forwards, Giroud apart, have all looked dopey and cumbersome.

He just needs to score more goals.  His all round game is excellent, he is a very neat and tidy footballer, great at retaining possession, can bring midfielders into play and that's really what Arsenal have been using Giroud for.  I haven't seen enough of him to say how good he is at playing with his back to goal or holding the ball up under pressure, but he certainly fits into the Arsenal style of play easily. 

• Like 1

I think his lack of goals at Man U comes from being played out wide a lot to accomodate Rooney and Van Persie. He will get a lot more game time in the middle at Arsenal. That two legged tie against Real Madrid (where Nani got sent off with the fly kick) shows he's got the ability to perform at the highest level in his locker.  

Edited by LondonLax

I think Welbeck is quite underrated on here. He will be a good addition for Arsenal.

Same.

He'll also work well with Sanchez. His style will allow sanchez to get beyond him and his high pressuring will give Arsenal a threat when the other team is in possession.

At the moment Sanchez buzzes around the opposition on his own.

• Like 1

Welbeck a bit light Weimann rarely plays as a central striker. He will for Arsenal and with players like Ozil and Ramsey who can thread balls through, watch him go! Excellent signing and 16 mil is a bargain.

Edited by PaulC

You could say it is high, but then you would be wrong. It certainly isn't crazy. I am not a huge fan of Danny Welbeck due to his lack of killer instinct in front of goal, but he has been playing second-fiddle to Van Persie and Rooney. These guys are not the easiest guys to compete with and Welbeck has always been utilized as an enabler for these boys when playing.

There are a few factors here: Welbeck is 23 years old and potentially has 10 years left in him, if he was 29 and at the same level he would not go for 16M. You easily pay for age, as you have to judge his potential ability and no-one can deny that he has lots of it. He has played over 100 league games for United (and Sunderland) - as well as 26 games for England with 8 goals to his name.

This is 2014, not 1994. 16M is not a huge sum of money for a young player already with lots of experience.

Are you really a villa fan? No offense but every comment I see from you is about manchester united and it usually has a positive spin on it

Edited by vandaq
  • Like 4

You could say it is high, but then you would be wrong. It certainly isn't crazy. I am not a huge fan of Danny Welbeck due to his lack of killer instinct in front of goal, but he has been playing second-fiddle to Van Persie and Rooney. These guys are not the easiest guys to compete with and Welbeck has always been utilized as an enabler for these boys when playing.

There are a few factors here: Welbeck is 23 years old and potentially has 10 years left in him, if he was 29 and at the same level he would not go for 16M. You easily pay for age, as you have to judge his potential ability and no-one can deny that he has lots of it. He has played over 100 league games for United (and Sunderland) - as well as 26 games for England with 8 goals to his name.

This is 2014, not 1994. 16M is not a huge sum of money for a young player already with lots of experience.

Are you really a villa fan? No offense but every comment I see from you is about manchester united and it usually has a positive spin on it

Villa are boring with boring players even when we're finishing 6th. United are super duper and the team everyone should learn from, even when they're finishing 7th. Remember that.

Welbeck a bit light Weimann rarely plays as a central striker. He will for Arsenal and with players like Ozil and Ramsey who can thread balls through, watch him go! Excellent signing and 16 mil is a bargain.

Would not call that a bargain. He is a quality player but that is about 6 million too much in my opinion. 

Another Arsene Wenger signing that shows he has no ambition to win titles. He just wants to cement his beloved fourth spot or if they have a really good season maybe even the dizzy heights of third.

You can't be serious. Arsenal just spent upwards of £70,000,000 on transfers, unless I'm misinformed. For a club with a corporate culture that actually wants to see a slight profit, that's an almost staggering gamble. Would much rather fourth and win the FA than be a debt-ridden trophy club with a sugar daddy behind it all.

Â