alreadyexists

Against Stoke id like to see.

--------------------------------Guzan----------------------------------

Hutton--------Vlaar-----------------Senderos--------Cissohko

------------------Bacuna--------El Ahmadi--------------------

Nzogbia--------------------------------------------------Grealish

--------------------------------Delph-----------------------------------

---------------------------------Bent------------------------------------

I think wingers gave good cover to our fullbacks. Bent will score goals if he gets a supply from Charles and Jack. Could also swap Bacuna and Delph

Wiemann and Gabby are shit and it feels like were down to 9 men and we get dominated. Okore looks a little rusty still otherwise id play him. Senderos was passing well from the back.

Positives were today there were not many long balls.

plenty of round ones though

*dances backwards doffing old man's cap*

The cynic in me says Lambert will ignore the performances in these friendliest and persist with his dull unimaginative starting elevens.

• Like 3

Just got back from the game I agree gabby just dosent look arsed one bit jack was awesome I don't think he lost the ball once and he skipped past his man every time he is gonna be special ! Just play him

• Like 2

Positives for me were Jack G (of course), Hutton (in the main), Ron getting some game time, Senderos being pretty steady and a clean sheet.

Not-so-positives, Richardson looks off the pace, Gabby after a brightish start went shit, Stevens looks meh.

It was same old, same old really, if Villa were a colour we'd be hearing aid beige. No movement making it difficult for players to pick an easy pass, resorting to semi Hollywood balls which really can go anywhere and normally do.

Sort it out Lambo. Try buying a boxed set of Germany games and making the team watch them for a whole week. It just may sink in then. 

Baker awful and one shocking tackle as expected. Gabby and Weimann offer nothing, neither should start next week. Okore looked unconvincing.

The midfield want too many touches in the final third, you need to be playing quick probing football which we don't do. Richardson should be LB and not in midfield.

Looked better with Bent, Bacuna and Grealish linking up in the final third. Grealish being the only stand out player, simply has to start for me he is our only outlet.

Haven't had someone like this for ages, he gets the ball and you know he can do something and you stand up to see what he's going to do. Ashley Young our last player that had the fans excited like that.

Next week I think we will lose anyway, so may as well go for it.

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Okore Cissokho

Delph Westwood

Zog Bacuna Grealish

Bent

Back on holiday, so went along today. I thought we looked alright overall, a boring game for the most part but we held the ball nicely in the second half. We weren't as terrible as I was expecting anyway. The main positive was obviously Grealish. I've been pretty skeptical about the lad, some of the hype on here has seemed very over the top at times, but I have to say he was a breath of fresh air. Looked very confident and composed, always willing to try something and very creative. I thought N'Zogbia was mostly pretty good as well, made a few nice runs.

The negatives were Okore, who looks a long way from ready to start a PL game to me, and Gabby, who was rubbish (again) and not trying. I've been a defender of him on here before, but even I have to admit that he's been pathetic for the last six months. I know he's always been on and off, but I don't know what's up with him at all. He was absolutely dreadful, and I would be very annoyed if he started against Stoke, because he will not contribute positively. Surprised to see someone on the last page praising Hutton as well, I thought he looked really poor too. I'd prefer Bacuna to start there to be honest.  

Did anyone else notice some miscommunication in the first half with our back line? 

It seemed that Hutton was leaving a bit too much space on the right, but was asking Senderos to come further out wide and for some reason, Stevens seemed to be trying to cover the right occasionally as well, which left nobody covering the left. It was all a bit confusing and i didn't really know what was going on? 

Weimann and Gabby looked poor again. Okore looked a tad shaky. Jacky boy looked awesome when he came on - a real talent. I didn't think Bent looked to bad either to be fair to him. 

Does anyone know what the attendance was? Looked at least 15,000 in there. 

Edited by KjParton

I am taking my mates husband who is originally from the Gambia. He is football mad & has never seen a football match live before. He is so looking forward to going to see us . Should be interesting for him .

Please don't let him become a Villa fan, you don't want to ruin the poor guy's life [emoji14]

Too late I have made him one. He loved it . He had a great day until he had an epileptic fit at Witton Station. It was the excitement of being in a Premier League ground. I was told by my friends son he would most likely have one today as he was so excited about going .

• Like 1

I am taking my mates husband who is originally from the Gambia. He is football mad & has never seen a football match live before. He is so looking forward to going to see us . Should be interesting for him .

Please don't let him become a Villa fan, you don't want to ruin the poor guy's life [emoji14]

Too late I have made him one. He loved it . He had a great day until he had an epileptic fit at Witton Station. It was the excitement of being in a Premier League ground. I was told by my friends son he would most likely have one today as he was so excited about going .

Bloody hell is he alright?

Yes , he fine now. He was out of it fitting for a good 3 mins, then went zzz for 20 mins. I saw he start to fall & caught hold of his head.  Dad died when he fell over & banged his head earlier this summer . There was no way I was going to let Assan bang his head .Train staff & security at the station were great.  Assan said it was because he was so excited about seeing Villa.

Yes , he fine now. He was out of it fitting for a good 3 mins, then went zzz for 20 mins. I saw he start to fall & caught hold of his head. Dad died when he fell over & banged his head earlier this summer . There was no way I was going to let Assan bang his head .Train staff & security at the station were great. Assan said it was because he was so excited about seeing Villa.
Thank God he's ok. Tell him to enjoy it for now, come next week the excitement will be gone! Ahaha

Ismail, I gave him one of old Villa shirts, he was more worried thinking he had damaged that than the fact he had a fit at the train station. He though Grealish was the dogs & couldn't believe how young he is . He wants to go to another game , God knows what would happen if he saw us win a game .

• Like 4

Team Vs Stoke:

_________________Guzan________________

__Hutton____Okore_______Vlaar__Richardson

_________Westy___________Delph_________

___Bacuna________Grealish_______N'Zog___

__________________Bent_________________

Team Vs Stoke:

_________________Guzan________________

__Hutton____Okore_______Vlaar__Richardson

_________Westy___________Delph_________

___Bacuna________Grealish_______N'Zog___

__________________Bent_________________

From what I've heard Okore looks far from fit.

A very dull pre season game even for pre season. I thought we looked off the pace and looked the same as our opponents who are about 2 weeks behind us in training levels. At least we had a clean sheet, but offered nothing until the last 10. A very sparse crowd and unless a takeover happens by next season, I doubt we will be having these 'glamour' home friendlies. Stevens and Baker are not premier league players, but we knew that last season. Why doesn't Lambert know this?

Just a few notes:

Can't believe I'm writing this, but Senderos should start instead of Okore. Jores needs more time, and shouldn't be thrown in yet. He's not ready.

Bacuna was ok, give him a go out wide.

I'd give Bent a chance, and leave Gabby out.

• Like 1

Ismail, I gave him one of old Villa shirts, he was more worried thinking he had damaged that than the fact he had a fit at the train station. He though Grealish was the dogs & couldn't believe how young he is . He wants to go to another game , God knows what would happen if he saw us win a game .

I don't know him but I love him.

What an absolutely belting story.

• Like 2

Â