Match Thread

alreadyexists

Unlucky DB19. If Grealish doesnt start against Stoke then Lambert can do one

As much as I'd like him to, I don't think we should expect him to be first choice. He's looked good today, but in a few pre-season games, he's also looked lacking in experience (as you would expect). As long as he is regularly rotated with Zog/Gabby/Weimann/Richardson, I'll be happy.

I think Gardner has put in a decent little cameo here. It's only a few minutes, but he's put a few good passes in, and got forward well too. My fingers are crossed for him.

I agree he had drive. I like him

That game told us very little

decent possession and solid defence but no cutting edge whatsoever

Grealish did look good though

the Corner Flag was my MOM

oh and the footage of the faked Moon Landings that the VHS feed was taped over.

Edited by VillanousOne

It was worth staying up till 2am to get my first glimpses of Grealish, and I wasn't disappointed :)

same. gotta make the most of the 12am kick offs before daylight saving
  • Like 2

The thing is though, our first choice are so predictable. Wiemann & Gabby miscontrol and fluff chances EVERY game they play. Our attacks constantly break down because of it whereas young Jack has a no fear attitude and is direct and makes things happen whenever I have seen him albeit in preseason. Gabby and Andi would be more effective as subs coming on late in games. No brainer for me, he's certainly earned his chance to start imo

• Like 1

If Jack did start against Stoke (which I extremely doubt) I'd play him behind the striker. Away from home we'll just be defending for the majority of the game. I don't see the point is persisting with Weimann who offers so little. 

Gabby was awful today, no composure on the ball and couldn't pass or shoot to save his life. He doesn't look like he is arsed either, doesn't try to help run the channels or make something happen himself. 

He needs to be dropped ASAP.

• Like 3

Gabby was awful today, no composure on the ball and couldn't pass or shoot to save his life. He doesn't look like he is arsed either, doesn't try to help run the channels or make something happen himself.

He needs to be dropped ASAP.

Give the guy a break. He's still young and learning. It's not like he's in his late twenties, with an England Cap, and years of PL football behind him. :-/
  • Like 1

Against Stoke id like to see.

--------------------------------Guzan----------------------------------

Hutton--------Vlaar-----------------Senderos--------Cissohko

------------------Bacuna--------El Ahmadi--------------------

Nzogbia--------------------------------------------------Grealish

--------------------------------Delph-----------------------------------

---------------------------------Bent------------------------------------

I think wingers gave good cover to our fullbacks. Bent will score goals if he gets a supply from Charles and Jack. Could also swap Bacuna and Delph

Wiemann and Gabby are shit and it feels like were down to 9 men and we get dominated. Okore looks a little rusty still otherwise id play him. Senderos was passing well from the back.

Positives were today there were not many long balls.

Edited by KSV

Bloody hell that game was boring at times, however there was moments of decent play from us which is a positive sign.

Grealish was superb when he came on, not scared of who's in front of him and just goes at them. Very good to see.

Delph MOTM was an odd one, would of been Hutton for me personally, who I thought once again was great.

• Like 1

Â