Match Thread

villianusa

Lambert needs to start bedding in his best 11 that will start against Stoke. The team need to gain some confidence playing together and knowing what to expect from one another.

I personally would go with:

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Richardson

KEA Delph

N'Zog        Cole         Grealish

Bent

If Cole isn't fit the bring Gardner in his place.

Subs: Given, Sendros, Baker, Gardner, Westwood, Gabby, Weimann

I really want to put Gabby in there but he hasn't shown in a while that he deserves to be there. He runs fast but that's about it. He tries to body check players and is surprised when a foul is called on him.

I'd rather go with something new than try to hit the nail with the same hammer.

I reckon tomorrow night will be too soon for Vlaar to play (he may come on for 10mins or so) but I'd expect him to play 60mins against Parma at least.

I wouldn't mind seeing the following line-up against Walsall for the first 65 or so minutes

.....................Guzan

Hutton.Senderos.Okore.Richardson

.......Westwood.KEA.Delph

Bacuna...........................N'Zogbia

..................Weimann

Second half eventually switch to a 3-4-1-2

....................Guzan

..........Okore.Clark.Baker

Bacuna.Gardner.Herd.Stevens

..................Grealish

...............Bent.Gabby

One things for sure, we need a positive display with some good passing and attacking play to eradicate memories of Saturday!

Too early for Vlaar!? We're kicking off at The Brittania in less than 2 weeks, yes he played in a WC semi-final but wasn't that almost a full month ago now - body should have had plenty of R&R and raring to go!

Re. Parking @Becscott, it's actually situated on a retail park with a few shops and McDonalds, but I wouldn't advise going on there unless you dont mind waiting ages to get away after. There's plenty of 'road parking' in surrounding streets, just don't go too far afield! Unfortunately my car is covered in Villa so will have to park at my sisters, can't be too safe in Walsall!

Too early for Vlaar!? We're kicking off at The Brittania in less than 2 weeks, yes he played in a WC semi-final but wasn't that almost a full month ago now - body should have had plenty of R&R and raring to go!

Re. Parking @Becscott, it's actually situated on a retail park with a few shops and McDonalds, but I wouldn't advise going on there unless you dont mind waiting ages to get away after. There's plenty of 'road parking' in surrounding streets, just don't go too far afield! Unfortunately my car is covered in Villa so will have to park at my sisters, can't be too safe in Walsall!

Was aware of the retail park , though was advised that they have clamping sprees on football cars , ill just make sure im early-ish , thanks

He played in the 3rd place play off as well. I think he only starts training today.

We need to be playing near enough who we're planning on starting against Stoke. Not only that, but I think the players and fans could do with a boost of confidence, so a strong squad and a high scoring (in our favour, of course) affair would help to erase the memories of Saturday.

Guzan

Okore - Senderos/Vlaar/Baker - Stevens

Hutton  -      Westwood  -   Delph  -     Richardson

Zog

Bent - Weimann

I'd like to see this team get at least 45minutes! Maybe swap Vlaar for senderos if he still needs a rest. Got options of moving gabby and nzog around and bringing on kea, cole and weimann to mix up midfield and attacking options.

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Richardson

Westwood

Delph

Grealish Agbonlohor

N'zogbia

Bent

I have a funny feeling given might well get no1 shirt back at some point this season. He seems to install confidence in the back four with minimum effort!

I think we'll probably go with something like...

Guzan

Hutton Okore Baker Bennett

Westwood

Grealish Delph CNZ

Bent Gabby

I think Vlaar is probably still to be rested, or might get 10 mins, Richardson will probably come on for Bennett at half time with senderos. And the midfield will be changed about a bit. Hmm, score line I think 1-0 down at half time, 1-2 win for us.

Â