Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Looks alright IMO

That trailer did look pretty good to be fair. Better than I expected.

As for not looking very 'Star Warsy' V4E, I think that's okay. I kind of want them to be a different tone to the usual Star Wars films. VIII and IX will be business as usual, these other films in between should shake it up a bit. I'm looking forward to what they come up with.

• Like 1

you've got an asian martial arts bloke beating up storm troopers with what looks like a stick... there was something about whittakers character i couldnt put my finger on and its kind of a shame they wasted the raid actors with a glorified cameo in 7 if thats what they're doing in this

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

you've got an asian martial arts bloke beating up storm troopers with what looks like a stick... there was something about whittakers character i couldnt put my finger on and its kind of a shame they wasted the raid actors with a glorified cameo in 7 if thats what they're doing in this

:o That's the awesome Donnie Yen you're on about there! He's more of a martial arts star than the guys from The Raid, though they were wasted in Episode VII, admittedly.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Some guy called Alden Ehrenreich has been cast as the young Han Solo for the spin off due in May '18, directed by the Lego Movie duo of Chris Miller and Phil Lord.

My first impression is, he doesn't really seem that 'young'. Younger than when Ford did Star Wars, but I was imagining a young 20 something. This spin off holds more interest to me than most, given the set up. Wonderful character with boundless opportunities story wise. Also, I kinda want it to be like Cowboy Bebop tbh.

18 minutes ago, hogso said:

Some guy called Alden Ehrenreich has been cast as the young Han Solo for the spin off due in May '18, directed by the Lego Movie duo of Chris Miller and Phil Lord.

My first impression is, he doesn't really seem that 'young'. Younger than when Ford did Star Wars, but I was imagining a young 20 something. This spin off holds more interest to me than most, given the set up. Wonderful character with boundless opportunities story wise. Also, I kinda want it to be like Cowboy Bebop tbh.

He's really good in Hail Caesar. I was cynical (and still am a bit) but I don't think they could have made a better choice. Good directors though, so maybe this one will be better than the total missed opportunity of The Force Awakens. 

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

If you want to see young Han Solo antics, just watch Firefly.

Oh, are you one of those people? Look man, it's never coming back. EVER. They did a movie, and that's that.

Lexx > Firefly

8 minutes ago, hogso said:

Oh, are you one of those people? Look man, it's never coming back. EVER. They did a movie, and that's that.

Lexx > Firefly

Firefly, is not even Joss Whedon's best show. But seriously Lexx? I'm not sure if you're joking or not?

Alden Ehrenreich was brilliant in Hail, Caesar! Good casting choice. Definitely better than Dave Franco who was also a front runner apparently.

Not that I dislike Dave Franco per se, just can't imagine him as Han Solo.

Cool tidbit about Alden Ehrenreich, he was discovered by Steven Spielberg when they attended the same Bar Mitzvah when he (Ehrenreich obvs) was 14 and appeared in a short film played at the ceremony. Spielberg encouraged him to pursue acting and, well, clearly he did.

WHY WHY WHY a Han Solo spin-off??

Just no need, especially when there's plenty of other great characters to develop around. Personally, it should've been a Boba Fett/Bounty Hunters movie - imagine seeing the likes of Boba, Bossk, IG-88 and Dengar et al tearing it up.

Harrison Ford is Han Solo - it'll be appalling.

I'd be amazed if they didn't do a Boba Fett film, or at least one where he features heavily.

Harrison Ford is Han Solo, but he may not always have been the way he is. I never understand this kind of thinking. If you don't like the idea of it, don't watch it, but there are millions of people out there who would like to see a young Han Solo adventure.

• Like 3

It's a good bet that there will be a Boba Fett movie, as well. They've announced 3 'anthology' projects, the moment they did that the rumours were one would be a steal the Death Star plans heist film, another a young Han Solo movie and finally a Boba Fett story. They've confirmed the first 2 so it's probably a decent bet Boba will follow.

So now they've cast a young Han Solo, who do we want as a young (say 20-something?) Boba Fett?

I hope they disregard the fact that he's a clone so he has to look like the Kiwi dude who played Jango and the clone troopers Episodes II and III.

Â