Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Bloody hell, that's some beard growth from Keane. The vine video was from a few weeks ago when this was first mooted, then the pics from the conference today have him with a full beard. That's not amateur stuff by any stretch. I'm a fairly seasoned pro when it comes to the old bearding, and I'd be very impressed with myself pulling that kind of result out of the bag in that time. Well played Keano

• Like 1

Q: "Obviously the club is in limbo right now, being up for sale after having struggled the last few years"

A: "Yeah.. Yeah.. Like lots of clubs" 

He hints at 1 or 2 more signings possibly which is a good thing

Edited by samjp26

This explains why there was a delay in announcing this appointment IMO.

Keane has clearly been reading VT, and knows we all have a hard-on for a beard!

Up the beard....I mean Villa!!

I don't think his being no nonsense will play much of a role. I bet most coaches are the same it's just they don't let it define their personality.

Hopefully it will be his experiences and know-how that prove to be a big help and perhaps even the way the players see him.

Edited by useless

There does seem to be a need for a certain gravitas to be present at our club, that IMO seems to be missing.

lets hope Roy Keane can turn it from a holiday camp in to a serious outfit.

Edited by TRO

I'm not sure if Roy Keane will be right for us, but there again I ain't sure about any other Manager/assistant  either.

What I do feel is what the team team lack in a winning mentality Keane has in abundance.....whether he can instil that in some of our players to make a difference remains to be seen.

hope so.

cautiously optimistic.

Edited by TRO

Q: "Obviously the club is in limbo right now, being up for sale after having struggled the last few years"

A: "Yeah.. Yeah.. Like lots of clubs" 

He hints at 1 or 2 more signings possibly which is a good thing

OK, I confess I am struggling to think of all these other clubs that are "in limbo, being up for sale after having struggled for the last few years".

Any offers?

Edited by briny_ear

Â