Your Bucket List

lapal_fan

2- Visit the USA ......thats out cause the wife dosent it.So that only leaves 1 thing really.

Go with the villa, i know there's at least 1 bloke in my lions club in the same situation this summer, going to yankland for the 1st time at the age of something like 56 because his wife doesn't want to go

My wife has a couple of good ones.

Experience zero gravity.

Stand on the equator. :-)

How come Bhutan is going to take off as a tourist destination tony?

Sort of like Thailand has?

Also. As you've been to most places, I'd be interested in your bucket list :-)

Not like Thailand but some of the big hotel chains are moving in there so it will get less unspoilt... Tourism is controlled by the government so they limit numbers

If you look at Nepal that it borders , it gets far more tourists walking its mountains , of course it has Everest as a main draw , but Bhutan has some great walking trails , great wildlife ( even a few tigers living on the mountains ) but we were the only people on them rather than the Everest trail where its a conveyor belt of tourists

I went to Nepal for the first time in 2001 I went back for my 3rd time last year , it still has its charms but it also has a lot more bars (even strip clubs ) for the westerners

• Like 2

Also. As you've been to most places, I'd be interested in your bucket list :-)

Yeah I was thinking about it when I read your first post , apart from Rio i think I've done all your travel related ones !!

I guess I have 2

One would be a submarine down to the Titanic wreckage

And the other would be

Flight into space ( currently unaffordable but hopefully in my life time the price will drop )

to be honest I think I would freak and scream like a baby if I was inside a small submarine for hours going down hundreds of meters , so i think 1 is unlikely as well :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2- Visit the USA ......thats out cause the wife dosent it.So that only leaves 1 thing really.

Go with the villa, i know there's at least 1 bloke in my lions club in the same situation this summer, going to yankland for the 1st time at the age of something like 56 because his wife doesn't want to go

If you want to go to the States, then go! I wouldn't let anyone stop me, if it was a dream of mine  :)

Never been one for bucket lists. I've got to 60 having done hardly any of the things listed in this thread (although I've run a few marathons and been to the USA).

• Like 1

And you are happy, so maybe these things don't really mean much!

(And you were fit as a younger chap) :P

That's true (the happy bit, I mean. I bow to your opinion vis a vis fittosity). B)
  • Like 1

Interesting thread.

I've done a few of the travel ones like Japan and U.S. I would like to do Vietnam by cycling and would love to visit Beijing and probably Rio. Probably add Oz and NZ to that list too.

I wanted to do a marathon and an ironman (they say compete or complete - looking for a time somewhere in the middle) which I'm doing in approx 2 months time. Will have a crack at a marathon on its own at some point.

Lots of other sports like skiing, surfing, wake boarding etc that I haven't done and would love to do. If I haven't done them in next few years I will make sure I do them with my kids.

If you want to go to the States, then go! I wouldn't let anyone stop me, if it was a dream of mine  :)

I have done everthing on my bucket list except for 2 things,so instead of trying to force the wife to go to the states with me I am actually quite happy. with what I have done.

Depends if the last thing on your bucket list was "become the mayor of Warsaw".

Nah, there's too many Yam Yams there, for me to want to be the mayor of Walsall.

• Like 1

I probably won't complete the list to be honest.

I'd like to set foot on every continent, that's another one.

Also, that is my bucket list now, when I learn more about the amazing place we live, or new technologies allow us to experience new things, I'll update my bucket list when appropriate.

I dare say some of the things on my bucket list won't interest me further down the line, that's why I think they're fun to do, it's things you think of, in that specfic moment of time.

It'll always change over time. Hopefully I can have kids so I can complete my "go on the jurassic park ride in Florida" dream :lol:

Not many bucket lists on here though, I thought a few people would give it a go :)

Â