Your Bucket List

lapal_fan

I wouldn't kill an animal. Not cool.

Insects on the other hand. words removed. They can all die.

Bees?

It's not just bees, actually. Without insect life, the earth is doomed.

Am I right in saying wasps don't actually do anything positive for Mother Earth?

Or is that just a myth because let's face it everyone hates the little ****

After watching that 'Island' programme I would like to add a survival experience onto my list (even probably not for a month). Think a week of it would be good fun.

What type of survival experience would you be interested in the most? One similar to The Island Programme or different?

And would you want to do it by yourself or with other people?

Yeah something like the programme would be ace, probably with a group of people, on your own would be a bit too much. You know of anything/anywhere?

• Like 1

Yeah something like the programme would be ace, probably with a group of people, on your own would be a bit too much. You know of anything/anywhere?

There are these type of things -

http://www.docastaway.com/pages/whatweoffer

^^ That one seems relaxing.

http://www.woodland-ways.co.uk/book-courses-90.html

^^ These seem action packed and in the UK

I've never been on a survival holiday but have had to use some of the techniques over the years on assignments and stuff. Maybe when I retire I might start my own resort of this type.

There's always this -

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/

And they are recruiting at the moment too.

• Like 1

Canadian here, 50 years old and I've already done quite a bit of travelling when younger, so the list isn't as large as some, but there are specific things I would like to do before I cash out.

within reach:

Ride my old Norton round the Isle of Man TT course.

Scuba dive the WW1 wrecks of Scapa Flow in the Orkneys or Truk Lagoon.

Visit Normandy and Flanders (Ypres, the Somme and Vimy)

Fly in a First or Second World War fighter aircraft.

Have a footplate ride on an express steam locomotive at speed.

Visit the Isle of Skye.

Take the missus to Venice, she's never been out of North America.

Would love to watch The Villa at Wembley. (i've only made it to Villa Park once)

dreamland...

Spend a week on the International Space Station.

Take a submersible down to look at the Bismarck.

Dive the atomic bomb test wrecks at Bikini Atoll.

Edited by norton65ca

It'd have to come after another item on my bucket list; find a wish-granting genie.

There's something wrong with me. I initially read that as fist a windy, grunting genie.

Sorry.

He probably did a quick edit :)

• Like 1

I did actually almost kick the bucket a few years back, as I was only 23 at the time so it made me think about this whole bucket list type thing. The main thing I wanted to do was record some music, I'd played music for years but none of the bands I'd been in had ever lasted long enough to make it into the studio, so that was top of the list. I guess that one appealed the most as it's something that could potentially outlive you, it's nice to think you've got something out there in people's record collections to be dug up at any time. Other than that it was the obvious stuff like travel, New Zealand appealed just because it was about as far from the UK as you can get and I was lucky enough to do that one through work, Canada had always seemed interesting to me too and I funded that one myself. Also there were a few gigs I wanted to see, Wu Tang Clan as that's mainly what I passed the time listening to in hospital, Half Man Half Biscuit, and also The Fall, before Mark E Smith does his own bucket kicking. There are still plenty of bands I'd like to see but I'm mainly hoping for reunion shows on that one.

But yeah, facing your own mortality does make you focus on these kind of things a bit more. That said, now a few years have passed it's not so much at the forefront of my mind and I will happily spend far too much time lazing around playing Football Manager.

You can't tell us you nearly died without telling us the gory details, it's breaking Geneva Convention rules.

Addison's Disease. It's the perfect storm of being super rare, presenting with symptoms that can easily be mistaken by GP as something much more minor, and also being able to kill you. The few years in the run up to landing in hospital, and the landing in hospital business was not much fun. That said, now I just take my medication a couple of times a day and things are all cool, I have a friend with Crohn's Disease and speaking to him makes me thing I got off fairly easy when it comes to the autoimmune lottery.

Addison's Disease. It's the perfect storm of being super rare, presenting with symptoms that can easily be mistaken by GP as something much more minor, and also being able to kill you. The few years in the run up to landing in hospital, and the landing in hospital business was not much fun. That said, now I just take my medication a couple of times a day and things are all cool, I have a friend with Crohn's Disease and speaking to him makes me thing I got off fairly easy when it comes to the autoimmune lottery.

I was thinking more along of motorcycling off a canyon into a lake filled with lions, snakes, spiders and sharks..

But err.. addisons ay?

Fair play.

:) Glad you're rid/over the worst of it.

I did actually almost kick the bucket a few years back, as I was only 23 at the time so it made me think about this whole bucket list type thing. The main thing I wanted to do was record some music, I'd played music for years but none of the bands I'd been in had ever lasted long enough to make it into the studio, so that was top of the list. I guess that one appealed the most as it's something that could potentially outlive you, it's nice to think you've got something out there in people's record collections to be dug up at any time. Other than that it was the obvious stuff like travel, New Zealand appealed just because it was about as far from the UK as you can get and I was lucky enough to do that one through work, Canada had always seemed interesting to me too and I funded that one myself. Also there were a few gigs I wanted to see, Wu Tang Clan as that's mainly what I passed the time listening to in hospital, Half Man Half Biscuit, and also The Fall, before Mark E Smith does his own bucket kicking. There are still plenty of bands I'd like to see but I'm mainly hoping for reunion shows on that one.

But yeah, facing your own mortality does make you focus on these kind of things a bit more. That said, now a few years have passed it's not so much at the forefront of my mind and I will happily spend far too much time lazing around playing Football Manager.

Seen all three of those live.  :thumb:

• Like 1

I'd like to do some travelling at some point. The states and the far east appeal to me a lot, would love one day to be able to play the guitar. Just aint got the patience or mind set at the moment to deal with learning. Hopefully to see led zep live at some point but they need to reform first.

I have decided never to make one of these lists. I don't want to pressure myself :D

its ok I've made a list for you , hope you like basements though
  • Like 1

Am I right in saying wasps don't actually do anything positive for Mother Earth?

Wasps control the populations of many other insects, so without them there would be a massive influx of other bugs flying around.

Wasps control the populations of many other insects, so without them there would be a massive influx of other bugs flying around.

If I had to choose a species to be extinct it would be mosquitoes, followed by wasps.

I have decided never to make one of these lists. I don't want to pressure myself :D

its ok I've made a list for you , hope you like basements though
I do as long as there is a sex swing installed Edited by Baselayers
  • Like 2

Â