Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Not counting my chickens until the game is over after what they did to Fulham last well, but first 45 mins it's so far so good! C'mon you villa boys, another 45 mins like that.......

Terrible formation. Lambert was definitely wrong, wasn't he? 

Honestly, I think he did get it wrong. Only for a bizarrely brilliant bowery, I think we'd be looking at another  non-win here. A draw was as good as a loss  in that it didnt change what was needed from the teams below us to get past us, so I've got no idea what Lambert was thinking with a formation that was most definitely put together with the view of not losing instead of winning.

But that's not how football works, and we're 3-1 up, so even if he put 10 defenders on the pitch, the record books will (hopefully) show a win and safety - I just think Lambert is a very, very lucky boy that it panned out that way because the odds were 100/1 against that happening

• Like 2

I can feel a Bowery goal coming... The lad looks like he is looking to prove a point today. If Gabby is genuinely injured and if he keeps up his performance he deserves a start next game.

Westwood has been brilliant as well as Weimann so far.

Hopefully we hammer Hull and it lifts us to finish the season on a high.

Great goal. Credit to Bowery for a pitch-perfect cross and Andi for a great header. Wonderful!

Bowery won the corner for second goal as well. Were has he been all season?

Not been watching the game, I thought all the comments about Bowery were sarcastic due to his OG, has he actually done something good?!

Great goal. Credit to Bowery for a pitch-perfect cross and Andi for a great header. Wonderful!

Bowery won the corner for second goal as well. Were has he been all season?

Not been watching the game, I thought all the comments about Bowery were sarcastic due to his OG, has he actually done something good?!

he's been fantastic

I can't remember the last time I screamed so loud for a good reason whilst watching a Villa game!

I screamed after the first goal and my boy said "daddy stop screaming." I said "This is Villa, I'll scream when I like." :)

45 minutes away from talking about a takeover 24/7.

Exciting.

Just think if the cameras show us a shot of Ellison sat in the directors box at the end of a 5-1 victory. Think this place would explode.

• Like 1

Lambert saved by the coming of age of Bowery a guy I don't think any Villa fan expected anything from at this point. He may not be a gifted goal scorer right now but if he keeps assisting then his input on games is still incredibly valuable. Imagine if this Bowery had been around when we had Benteke fit.. 

Fulham go down. wouldn't mind Felix.

no thanks. he's a pure mentalist. too much danger of a major player backlash against him. he carries a big, big risk wherever he goes

Fulham go down. wouldn't mind Felix.

no thanks. he's a pure mentalist. too much danger of a major player backlash against him. he carries a big, big risk wherever he goes

Honestly I'd rather stick with Lambert over Felix.

If Weinmann scores a hatrick today does that double his prem league goals this season in just one match?

Yes, and would put him one behind what he got in the league last year.