New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Wanted the other one initially but the round one has grown on me.

Clean , clear, concise and simple.

Having seen how they will use the iterations without the badge as well sort of helped win me over.

The ASTON VILLA also presents better on the round one on digital.

Either way, immense improvement on what we have now.

Probably would have liked some more gold though, even as accents, or say as a further outline.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

What would be “correct”?

Look at the 1 and then look at the 4.

Both of those digits need to be equidistant from the inner (blue) circle above and equidistant from the outer (blue) border beneath, and they're not. The 4 is too tilted on its axis.

It's actually really poor graphic design tbh, easily spotted by anyone with an eye for design and just as easily fixed; I'm amazed they haven't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

100% agree with MOMS… we didn’t have any great options. The two we had, were so creatively stale. Some of the fan made concepts were bold and daring and pulled it off, with hundreds of retweets 

this one being the best of the bunch 

aston-villa_20111127_1647547976.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's not bad. It's better than what we have...

But did we really pay anyone to design this? 

Honestly I don’t think we as fans need to worry about the financials for how we reached this stage. 

Just now, nick76 said:

Pretty much every poll on every social media site I’ve seen has the round badge winning so I don’t agree

You didn’t even have to see polls to know that a huge portion of our fanbase wanted a round badge back. They’ve been going on about it for 15 years

Round was always going to win 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Look at the 1 and then look at the 4.

Both of those digits need to be equidistant from the inner (blue) circle above and equidistant from the outer (blue) border beneath, and they're not. The 4 is too tilted on its axis.

It's actually really poor graphic design tbh, easily spotted by anyone with an eye for design and just as easily fixed; I'm amazed they haven't.

They look equidistant to me, I haven’t measured but they look it to my eye. (I design buildings so maybe I’m better at large scale stuff!)

Ah re-read your post, I do see what you mean.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Pretty much every poll on every social media site I’ve seen has the round badge winning so I don’t agree

i never said most didn't prefer it, they obviously did and was clearly always going to win. but lots of people did still prefer option one.

Edited by abdomlahor

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You didn’t even have to see polls to know that a huge portion of our fanbase wanted a round badge back. They’ve been going on about it for 15 years

Round was always going to win 

Yep and some people who didn’t want the round badge thought the majority agreed with them but they were wrong then and now.

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i never said most didn't prefer it, they obviously did and was clearly always going to win. but lots of people did still prefer option one.

Democracy is a pain though isn’t it! 😂

• Haha 1