New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

20 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s interesting that people want to celebrate our heritage and have a badge that was on the kit when Villa won the European Championship but absolutely hate the star that goes with winning that title.

Yeah i dont get this either as i remember when they were 1st talking about amending the badge under lerner and people wanted the star to celebrate our cl win!

I have no issue with the star

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Judging by a poll some absolutely legendary VT poster put up, we are getting the round badge. 

I think we all knew that deep down to be honest. 

I like the round badge but I think it could have been significantly worse and it would have still won the vote. People just seem obsessed with a round badge. 

That being said the current ratio is slightly higher than I expected. I’d have predicted a 2:1 ratio and we’re currently at 3:1

Although i dislike option 1 both ootions could have been alot worse so im glad at least its not absymal like that leeds one years ago.

Generally looking on here and social media the general response is positive so i think it will be fine whichever gets chosen

To summarise not brilliant but not bad either could have been a hell of a lot worse

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yep great point. There is surely very few options of where the badge shape would be unique….a shield is heavily used, a round badge is heavily used, without either is heavily used…I don’t see what is going to be so unique to make a difference and neither of the options is unique to argue they are differences between the two.  This is just down to which you prefer.

To me, it’s not necessarily about how common the shape is. It’s what it represents, in that the circular badge has become the go-to style of stables like the City group who buy teams and make them look as much like Man City as possible without it being a 1:1 copy.

Edited by abdomlahor

My thoughts are that I'm not over pleased at either but the round is better than the shield. I'm also confused as to why the lion on the badge has been turned to face the opposite direction. It looks weird and unnecessary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

My thoughts are that I'm not over pleased at either but the round is better than the shield. I'm also confused as to why the lion on the badge has been turned to face the opposite direction. It looks weird and unnecessary. 

Change for change sake. 

39 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Change for change sake. 

There’s a bit do this but also tbf it’s a nod to our first ever badge which I’m fine with. But we do now have the Left Facing Lion People’s Front and the People’s Front of the Right Facing Lion and then the subdivisions of the Gas Lamp Brigade and the Brigade of the Circle. I’m personally in the People’s Front of the Right Facing Lion Gas Lamp Brigade and would attack anyone who thinks different to me with sticks. 

Like for everyone else my reaction is entirely subjective.  But when I saw the proposed round badge alongside all the other Premier League badges, I saw "my" Aston Villa carrying the good times of old into a brighter future (with the lion facing the future, unless your language involves reading right to left or up to down!).

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think it looks stupid, like the lion is now running away lol. I think it should be facing inward imo.

lion looking right  = looking forward       lion looking left = looking backwards

• Thanks 2