New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, RicRic said:

Im a fan of neither! i feel sick looking at them… i love our current badge and its 1000x better than the two presented to us now… the very least you can do its round the current one but to change it that dark claret color it doesn’t stand out enough for me

not sure if you've gotten to the voting stage yet, but when you choose an option, you are then asked if you feel it is better than the current badge

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Im a fan of neither! i feel sick looking at them… i love our current badge and its 1000x better than the two presented to us now

How do you post on VillaTalk when you're blind?

• Haha 4

The shape of the lion was something that didn't need to change, IMO, while the current badge is naff, the lion is bang on and way better than the new one used in both badges, I'll be disappointed to see that change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The shape of the lion was something that didn't need to change, IMO, while the current badge is naff, the lion is bang on and way better than the new one used in both badges, I'll be disappointed to see that change.

I like both lions tbh but I agree, the current lion is awesome. New one looks a tad more generic. I think it's the shading.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd say the opposite. The lion on this seems the one thing they've spent time on. It looks great if rather too big on each badge.

• Like 1

I’ve been desperate for us to switch back to the circle badge for ages now, but having seen the other ideas focused on a gas lamp type shape, I’m tempted to go for that. However, option 1 looks a little odd, I think it’s the positioning of ‘Aston Villa’ - Feels a bit squished in? 

Im a big fan of switching the lion round. Forwards is how the lion was facing on our very first badge, and is how it should remain. I like the idea that it is ‘looking forwards’ - like we all should be now after years of disappointment. 

Option 2 looks clean. Very basic, but clean. I think the idea that we have played it safe is probably correct. I do like it though. Apart from that annoying bloody star. 

Id be happy with either to be honest. But I think option 2 will take it. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

We all see things differently I guess, but I’m surprised there’s not more people moaning about the lion facing right. It looks so wrong to me.

I don’t get the idea that facing left is backwards and facing right is forward either?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

voted for 1 too. looking at the round one alongside other PL teams, there really are too many round badges around and it just looked lost in the crowd. the gas lamp stood out more for me

maybe this will be closer than we thought.

Not a chance it’ll be close.  The video already said people didn’t want a shield and the gas lamp looks too close to a shield.

As for lost in the crowd, I don’t agree, our colours are very distinctive compared to all our rivals round badges at the very minimum.

Fans on the whole have wanted a round badge for years, it’s been talked about for years.  

As for some saying it’s boring, it’s a badge it can’t be complex because it’s on so many platforms, templates, different sizes and many other things they have to take into account.  The colours are better, it has our full name on that we all wanted, the lion, the star which most fans wanted.  I think it’s great, it’s satisfying most of what the majority of fans want while also helping the marketing and presentation issues of the current badge.  A win win!

• Like 1

TBH, I don't understand why they're changing the crest... again.  Probably because NSWE haven't done it yet themselves and want to symbolize a new era under their stewardship, but I don't mind the current crest.  

That said, option 1 looks like an MLS badge...  Way too modern and sleek.  Option 2 is an update of the old school 80s badge and it's the clear winner.  Not even close.

• Like 2

I know they've spent months on it, because OBE has been giving us updates. But if you're a designer, 16:30 on a Friday and you've got a deadline to make a football badge, a round badge with the club name in the outside and a logo in the middle is what you'd do, isn't it?

It's become the football badge default for a reason, I guess, but they couldn't have come up with something more generic if they'd tried. I prefer our current one to the round option.

Just now, KMitch said:

TBH, I don't understand why they're changing the crest... again.

Because the current one is terrible and the majority of fans would like to see it changed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1