New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hey, there are some lovely cabs huts in England lol. I hear you. Point taken. The Crystal Palace is a wonder of the world. (But in fairness, you must admit the grandeur of the Crystal Palace doesn't really work on that badge, wouldn't you? It looks more like the sideview of a suspension bridge. The eagle is huge, too, disproportionate. Of course, English football badges aren't known for the verisimilitude, as Coventry's illustrates with its elephant carrying a castle (?) on its back as it balances on a giant football.) 

Coventry_City_F.C._logo.png

And people think we have badge problems! 😄

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

If this thread has taught us anything is that you can’t please all the people all the time, but ALSO that anything designed by lots of people chipping in ideas is doomed from the start. 

Maybe we should be the first to have one of those badges designed to give different images depending on the angle you look at it.

Or even just one like this of a fish.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hey, there are some lovely cabs huts in England lol. I hear you. Point taken. The Crystal Palace is a wonder of the world. (But in fairness, you must admit the grandeur of the Crystal Palace doesn't really work on that badge, wouldn't you? It looks more like the sideview of a suspension bridge. The eagle is huge, too, disproportionate. Of course, English football badges aren't known for the verisimilitude, as Coventry's illustrates with its elephant carrying a castle (?) on its back as it balances on a giant football.) 

I assume the elephant is up on the football as someone’s tried to nick his wheels, and that the bird on the right was set fire to by yobbos for the true Cov experience?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

If this thread has taught us anything is that you can’t please all the people all the time, but ALSO that anything designed by lots of people chipping in ideas is doomed from the start. 

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Alas, I think we've hit the Idea Vomit stage of crest design. spacer.png

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hey, there are some lovely cabs huts in England lol. I hear you. Point taken. The Crystal Palace is a wonder of the world. (But in fairness, you must admit the grandeur of the Crystal Palace doesn't really work on that badge, wouldn't you? 

Come to think of it, actually you're right, it does look like some kind of taxi shed. 😅

Edited by robby b
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This one from a distance always reminds me of one of those old telephones.

You know, this type:

IRISVO 1960s Rotary Dial Telephone Retro Old Fashioned Landline Phones with  Classic Metal Bell, Handfree and Redial Function for Home and Decor(Classic  Black) : Amazon.com.au: Electronics

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, maqroll said:

It doesn't have to make sense to look cool. (My personal style motto 😎)

I was only kidding, I like your idea 👍 and am all in favour of badges with an animal with a football (Tottenham, Coventry etc... style).

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I also have an idea for a new badge but I think it might be a bit controversial... I'd like the lion to be changed to a badger. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, robby b said:

I also have an idea for a new badge but I think it might be a bit controversial... I'd like the lion to be changed to a badger. 

Absolutely ******* not. Nothing to do with badgers.

My American friends might get this.

• Haha 1