New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

455417-AA-82-D0-413-E-A27-F-411300-B0289

0-C860158-36-E6-4311-BF39-E7-E6-EBCF4234

8-ECACDB3-01-A8-4-CCF-B574-0-EA7428-DC5-

by far the hardest part here is making the colours look good/right. I can totally understand why the current badge designers went with the yellow  on blue, when looked at in the context of on the kit. 

Could you try a claret lion on blue, with a surrounding yellow rim.

Yellow on Claret looks great. But agree it could be difficult to fit on Kits. 

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Could you try a claret lion on blue, with a surrounding yellow rim.

Yellow on Claret looks great. But agree it could be difficult to fit on Kits. 

B4617-B7-C-2-F98-44-ED-890-E-5-FFC352882

something about using all 3 colours looks quite dated to me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, a m ole said:

455417-AA-82-D0-413-E-A27-F-411300-B0289

0-C860158-36-E6-4311-BF39-E7-E6-EBCF4234

8-ECACDB3-01-A8-4-CCF-B574-0-EA7428-DC5-

by far the hardest part here is making the colours look good/right. I can totally understand why the current badge designers went with the yellow  on blue, when looked at in the context of on the kit. 

Bottom one is the clear winner

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was privileged to be invited to represent VillaTalk at the Fan Consultation Group meeting at Villa Park last night.

One of the main topics discussed was the crest and the overall visual identity of the club.

As you can imagine (those of you who know me) I had a lot to say, some of which wasn't entirely conventional.

I'm just working through what I'm allowed to report back, and when, and then I'll put an update in here.

One thing I can say is that I echo the sentiment (if not necessarily the style analogies!) of @OutByEaster? post - we are a unique and special club and we ought to look like one.  We weren't "a version of" when we were founded and we shouldn't be now.

Can you feedback on what the consensus was in the room if not the direction of what the club said there.

One worry I've had is that the makeup of fans invited to these things may have a very certain demographic that are desperate for a return to the nostalgic 1980s circular badge that isn't necessarily representative of the wider fan base

Edited by HalfTimePost

I was also invited the focus group. There were a diversity of views but  a few common themes.  Presume the common themes will be the main takeaway for the club.  

I was on the international fans panel.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, a m ole said:

B4617-B7-C-2-F98-44-ED-890-E-5-FFC352882

something about using all 3 colours looks quite dated to me

Claret and Gold is the most contrasting and powerful combo IMO.

They asked if we'd be ok with doing away with any of the colours and I chose Blue.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

One thing I can say is that I echo the sentiment (if not necessarily the style analogies!) of @OutByEaster? post - we are a unique and special club and we ought to look like one.  We weren't "a version of" when we were founded and we shouldn't be now.

I think the final question was, how would you describe us in one word and I said " Unique " interestingly enough.

I went with:

- Manchester United in Premier League, mainly as it is one that isn't just a circle and I'm desperate that we don't wind up with a circle, the full club name is written out and the colour balance is right for the club.

- Norwich in Championship, it's clearly linked to the club, the colours are right, it's modern and a lot of the Championship badges are awful

- Fiorentina for Europe, the shape is great, it has elements of old Fiorentina badges and is a nice modern recreation, Palermo or Juve would've been next, Nantes is a nice badge for another club but it feels soulless to me. Fiorentina & Palermo's I quite like as it has a distinctive identity to them. Venezia's new one fits in that too. Unique, modern, keeps some heritage

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Something I pointed out was that the round badge had only been part of our identity for 18ish of the 148-year club history and that anyone under the age of 30 had never bought a new product (apart from remakes, obvs) with that badge on it.

Thankyou

I went Spurs in Prem, just thought it looked simplistic, modern and smart - wasn't a fan of the font though.

Didn't really like any in the Championship tbh. Went Burnley in the end simply for the shield design.

Europe, went with Roma due to shape and look.

On the whole, European badges are just so much better than the English ones I think. It was a genuinely difficult decision to only pick one badge out of the lot. So many to admire.