$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

But then you have to ask, why would a deal still be being made with Lerner now if he caught wind in December? Surely it would have been done by now.

Because £200m is a lot of money

Agree, was just trying to look at things from two angles.

Can anybody think of another reason as to why Matt Law would want to talk to the Sixer's guy?

Edited by samjp26

Depends on your aim. If it is to be 7th or 8th in the league within a couple of years. Nothing.

To finish top 3 regularly 400m plus

And yet Man U have spent GBP 267 million on transfers in last 5 years(138 net) Liverpool 309 total 89 net which is 3 million more than Villa's net spend in last 5 years 179m total  and that is disregarding the new FFP rules so again on this thread any time you bandy about fugures I think you're talking out your ass and living in fantasy land.

Depends on your aim. If it is to be 7th or 8th in the league within a couple of years. Nothing.

To finish top 3 regularly 400m plus

And yet Man U have spent GBP 267 million on transfers in last 5 years(138 net) Liverpool 309 total 89 net which is 3 million more than Villa's net spend in last 5 years 179m total and that is disregarding the new FFP rules so again on this thread any time you bandy about fugures I think you're talking out your ass and living in fantasy land.
Yeah but what was the state of Liverpool and Man United's squads 5 seasons ago? They were both top 2 teams.

I think the figure is what we would potentially need to spend. Not what we will be able to.

Edited by Amo69

It's certainly interesting.

My only question is why would Matt Law ask on twitter in public? surely he has other means?

If a user on here can work it out what's stopping other journos from picking it up and digging deeper and claiming it first, would he really risk that?

My only question is why would Matt Law ask on twitter in public? surely he has other means?

If a user on here can work it out what's stopping other journos from picking it up and digging deeper and claiming it first, would he really risk that?

How else would he go about it if he didn't have a contact for the guy? You can't direct message people on Twitter unless they follow you.

Edited by Daniel

I agree that it is weird that he'd ask him on Twitter, but he has done so I'm guessing he doesn't have other means. Either that or it seems easier for him to do it that way. 

My bet is that we'll see some story involving the Sixers soon, whether it will be to do with us or not I don't know but I do know that Law is solely a writer of football articles only.

Edited by samjp26

How else would he go about it if he didn't have a contact for the guy? You can't direct message people on Twitter unless they follow you.

Ah your right.

That guy is now following Matt Law too..

Ah your right.

That guy is now following Matt Law too..

Indeed he is.. very interesting! 

I just think the timing is wrong - its going to the middle of next month before we get some credible links IMO. I m expecting some farty to be plastered all over the birmingham mail 'Sell me Villa'  - be some local millionaire heading up a consortuim 

I just think the timing is wrong - its going to the middle of next month before we get some credible links IMO. I m expecting some farty to be plastered all over the birmingham mail 'Sell me Villa'  - be some local millionaire heading up a consortuim 

It could of course be the case that this is the group that things fell through with earlier in the year.