$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Does anyone know the Arthur C Clarke short story, "The nine billion names of God"?

Basic plot: a group of Monks in Tibet believe that if they

write down the nine billion possible names for God, the universe will come to an end.

I sometimes think this thread is a footballing alternative: if every millionaire in the world is named in this thread, the takeover will finally happen.

Would loved to have been there when they came up with that one. I'd suggest getting an infinite amount of monkeys right on it.

User Actions
  Follow
9e49BG1e_bigger.jpegAhmad teacherA_almualim

Even though denied his interest Baltan club Aston Villa, however, is certain that he had contacts with intermediaries in England to invest in English clubs # AVFC

View translation

@ SamAVFC7 So, I will not be surprised if Mr.Khaled Al-Baltan buy # AVFC

Details
  •  

Not sure if this was posted as it is old, apologies if it has.  This guy is a sports journalist so hoping there is some credence

Does anyone know the Arthur C Clarke short story, "The nine billion names of God"?

write down the nine billion possible names for God, the universe will come to an end.

I sometimes think this thread is a footballing alternative: if every millionaire in the world is named in this thread, the takeover will finally happen.

Would loved to have been there when they came up with that one. I'd suggest getting an infinite amount of monkeys right on it.

Although, the monks were right, they used the computer and completed the nine billion names, and the universe ended 'without any fuss'...can't see the latter being true in the case of a new owner ;)

But you're saying there's a chance :D

Man I love that story. As an aside, one of the guys from Sinaloa (skramz band) had a really awesome acoustic project called the nine billion names of god. Get on it.

• Like 1

Although, the monks were right, they used the computer and completed the nine billion names, and the universe ended 'without any fuss'...can't see the latter being true in the case of a new owner ;)

But you're saying there's a chance :D

Man I love that story. As an aside, one of the guys from Sinaloa (skramz band) had a really awesome acoustic project called the nine billion names of god. Get on it.

Man, use spoiler tags next time, jeesh ;)

User Actions
  Follow

Even though denied his interest Baltan club Aston Villa, however, is certain that he had contacts with intermediaries in England to invest in English clubs # AVFC

View translation

Details
  •  

Not sure if this was posted as it is old, apologies if it has.  This guy is a sports journalist so hoping there is some credence

Is Al Baltan looking at other English clubs? (as well as Villa).

Edited by GENTLEMAN

User Actions
  Follow

View translation

Details
  •  

Is Al Baltan looking at other English clubs? (as well as Villa).

What other prem clubs are for sale

Everton is the only one i can think of

Didn't Abdul say he was looking at a Championship club orginally?  Realistically 8/10 clubs are for sale for the right price.

I believe so. I  think that Harris guy (who is advising Randy) also said about buyers changing their mind about buying Championship clubs, opting to buy in the top flight instead.

Newcastle. I think we are a better buy than both of those clubs.

Newcastle aren't up for sale are they?

If their fans had their way they'd be for sale every Summer

• Like 1

Newcastle. I think we are a better buy than both of those clubs.

Newcastle aren't up for sale are they?

I think Ashley is willing to sell at the right price (for himself), but Ashley wants quite a bit for them which is probably ruling out many potential buyers. 

As has probably been mentioned in this thread before Newcastle were put up for sale whilst they were in Championship. Ashley let the fans know via a letter, one of the reasons stated was that he feared for his safety and had been advised not to take his family to matches. Not exactly selling it to potential new owners.

As for Everton I think the feeling amongst their fans is that kenwright doesn't really want to sell the club, it brings him too much kudos to the table when he's out and about with Cilla and the Coronation Street cast. Basically it's just an extension of his vanity.

I think we stand alone anyway someone will either want to buy us or they won't no matter who else is for sale.

• Like 2