$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Obviously then if something is 'pretty much done' it can't be weeks away and it must happen very very soon.

:bang:

Where did I say something can be "pretty much done" but still be weeks away?

The only thing that worries me still was the recent 2 freebie signings? If a takeover was that close why would these happen?

Because it would be foolish for the club to suspend all transfer activity until a takeover. What if it doesn't happen until August or what if a deal falls through? It even said in Lerner's statement that the club would continue to function as normal until the club is sold. It's just common sense.

Durrr then the takeover is not close and a done deal as suggested by some? It's therefore common sense that a takeover is some way away IMO! No final negotiations, no offers on the table even, maybe some initial  enquiries but no further than that? 

What are you durrring at? The only thing we can get from that is that a takeover is not pretty much done. It certainly doesn't mean that the takeover process isn't at a fairly advanced stage. These things take weeks. It's better to bring in a couple of freebies and not need them much than not bring in anybody at all and be stuck with nothing at the start of the new season.

Not trying to start an argument, but is there that big of a difference between 'pretty much done' and 'at a fairly advanced stage'?

Definitely. Something can be at an advanced stage but still be weeks away.

So there's about 9 weeks till the start of the season and 11 weeks till the transfer deadline? If the takeover is 'weeks' away then we still have time to bring in new players. I personally hoping that a new owner means a new manager and therefore why sign 'Lambert's' players? This makes me think that there is no takeover weeks or even months away?

Obviously then if something is 'pretty much done' it can't be weeks away and it must happen very very soon.

You didn't but it could be and that's the point.

You didn't but it could be and that's the point.

Clearly nothing was pretty much done when the transfers took place.

I don't think the signings have anything to do with a takeover. Even if there was one imminent we still need experience so no harm in signing a few free players. Even potential new owners could sanction it.

I just don't think there will be a takeover for other reasons which I've mentioned many times.

I don't think the signings have anything to do with a takeover. Even if there was one imminent we still need experience so no harm in signing a few free players. Even potential new owners could sanction it.

I just don't think there will be a takeover for other reasons which I've mentioned many times.

Agree about the signings, I think Lambert is just getting on with his job, he doesn't have any money to spend but he still needs/wants to bring in new faces. 

Of course there will be a takeover. We're for sale. How long that takes is another matter.

Of course there will be a takeover. We're for sale. How long that takes is another matter.

Everton have been for "sale" for years upon years. different situation, city, infrastructure etc. however just pointing it out.

Everton have been for "sale" for years upon years. different situation, city, infrastructure etc. however just pointing it out.

Yeah but you get the feeling that kenwright doesn't really want to sell, they must have had offers.

I think he says publicly that they're for sale to keep the fans off his back but actually he's turned down offers, pure opinion.

Lerner would bite the dick off any offer remotely close to the asking price, I'd believe

• Like 1

Yeah but you get the feeling that kenwright doesn't really want to sell, they must have had offers.

I think he says publicly that they're for sale to keep the fans off his back but actually he's turned down offers, pure opinion.

Lerner would bite the dick off any offer remotely close to the asking price, I'd believe

That would explain peoples reluctance to make an offer 

• Like 4

I typed into google Millionaire Birmingham hairdresser and the first name that came up was the guy who gave Beckham his mohawk hairstyle lol.

Interesting about Baltan though hopefully we'll hear some official news soon enough.

Any billionaire eunuchs out there?

Considering what a dogs breakfast the ownership has done running the club in recent years, I would not be at all suprised if we have the same owner and  manager come Stoke. I said I would not be worried if nothing happened until mid June. It is mid June and nothing has happened. I would be worried if just didn't care anymore.

Any billionaire eunuchs out there?

All this sexism. Who knows what Delia Smith is in the market for now.

Considering what a dogs breakfast the ownership has done running the club in recent years, I would not be at all suprised if we have the same owner and manager come Stoke. I said I would not be worried if nothing happened until mid June. It is mid June and nothing has happened. I would be worried if just didn't care anymore.

I stopped worrying a few weeks back when I actually thought about the situation and realised a takeover was unlikely to happen this summer. At least we got something to play for again this season.

Site would not load earlier today. I thought there had been a meltdown. Hopes dashed.

Happened earlier too, I thought the same, glad I'm not the only sad act.

your far from alone there's loads of us out there

• Like 2

Site would not load earlier today. I thought there had been a meltdown. Hopes dashed.

Happened earlier too, I thought the same, glad I'm not the only sad act.

your far from alone there's loads of us out there

Yeeeeep me too

• Like 2