$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There should be a sticky banner on the top of every page in this thread, just giving us the latest rumours. That'd be more fun than 'no news'....... 'Latest rumour: Bad'un from Kazakhstan is not interested. Kwan and Mendi MIA'

• Like 1

I just hope that the next owner who ever he may be appoints a decent manager, who is rounded and has a broad skill base.

If they do, they may be shocked as to how easy this job can actually be.

Oh my, there's the bar right there.

I reckon we still have another 39 names left to speculate about.  Enough to keep us going till the end of the year when we will eventually get bought out by Peter Ridsdale.

I thought you were mildly ITK?

not criticising at all, just saying.

if you are please tell us something, even if its nonsense

Not ITK.  I have been passed on information from people who I believe are.  A few people on here, one most of us are aware of, and someone external to the club.

From what I have been told:

- No bid has been accepted yet

- Reading between the lines it seems someone has either made a bid that was immediately rejected or indicated that the price is too high

- One serious bidder - US person or persons.  Apparently have a portfolio of previous ownership of US sports teams

- Confident of a deal by end of the world cup

- Bob Rich came from thetrees' brilliant work.  Someone else mentioned Tom Gores to me and I think KKfootball has picked up on it as well

- The serious bidder is not Anshultz or Ellison or Harris or the Kazakh guy

Trent's snippet about Lambert appointing a new assistant is bad news takeover wise IMO!

IMO that's just reading into things too much. We need an assistant, regardless of the takeover happening next week or next year, we need to hire someone. And it remains unlikely that new owners will sack the manager without giving him a chance first, especially since Randy will almost definitely be telling them that he's the right man for the job and had his hands tied by the financial restrictions. I'll wager Lerner will break his bollox to keep PL in a job following any takeover, whether we want him there or not

If this is the case then Lambert really is under pressure to deliver as a new owner won't be as forgiving as Lerner imo. He has to get it right with the style of football and coaching so his staff recruitment needs to be as important, if not more, than his transfers this summer.

IMO that's just reading into things too much. We need an assistant, regardless of the takeover happening next week or next year, we need to hire someone. And it remains unlikely that new owners will sack the manager without giving him a chance first, especially since Randy will almost definitely be telling them that he's the right man for the job and had his hands tied by the financial restrictions. I'll wager Lerner will break his bollox to keep PL in a job following any takeover, whether we want him there or not

Lerner's final middle-finger to fans in other words.

• Like 1

Trent's snippet about Lambert appointing a new assistant is bad news takeover wise IMO!

Not really. I don't know why everyone is convinced that Lambert's dismissal would immediately follow any possibly takeover.

Not really. I don't know why everyone is convinced that Lambert's dismissal would immediately follow any possibly takeover.

That's not what he means. If a sale was all-but-guaranteed then you'd think that Lerner wouldn't sanction hiring new staff and would leave that to the new owner/s.

I doubt he'd be rubbing his hands together, laughing sinisterly, while doing it. He most likely genuinely believes that the PL is a good guy, decent manager and hamstrung by RL's policies

• Like 3

We need a full time assistant and other backroom staff - I don't see how this has any bearing on the takeover.

Sid is employed as the U21s coach and Given is a player (also looking for first team football) - therefore we need more staff, regardless of who is in charge of the club.

I doubt he'd be rubbing his hands together, laughing sinisterly, while doing it. He most likely genuinely believes that the PL is a good guy, decent manager and hamstrung by RL's policies

No doubt and he also probably thought the same about McLeish. His good-intentioned cluelessness in that regard didn't leave me any less insulted by the decision though.

That's not what he means. If a sale was all-but-guaranteed then you'd think that Lerner wouldn't sanction hiring new staff and would leave that to the new owner/s.

A takeover could still be some weeks away and we can't really go much longer without an assistant manager.

I still think a sale is closer than many think.  (of course that's not hard to be true because some here seem to think there will be no sale until next summer AT THE EARLIEST.)  Anyway, I think it's sooner rather than later, but I also think Lambert is guaranteed to stay for a season. 

Nobody in their right mind would sign up to be part of his coaching staff it that weren't the case.  Nobody is going to hitch their wagon to a dying star.  He will need the guarantee to garner any interest at all.  Of course, I suspect that several of us on here would be willing to do the coaching for him.  :)   So Paul, if you want to give me a shot, just call me.    (Cue the caustic - "we couldn't do any worse" comments)

• Like 1

A takeover could still be some weeks away and we can't really go much longer without an assistant manager.

I agree- pre season training is only actually about 5 weeks away and we are pretty short of training staff, really Scott Marshall is the only full time coach backing up Lambert at the minute, Given and Sid were only just temporary measures.

So I welcome this and think people are reading a bit too much into it regarding any takeover.

if the takeover was weeks away we wouldn't be bringing in an assistant. We would use Cowan's for a bit longer. We are not close at all IMO.

• Like 3