$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Birmingham shares suspended on the HK exchange today suggesting the club has been sold

Perhaps those lawyers in private Jets at BHX were nothing to do with us ?

Lawyer plane left yesterday, down to Luton.

It has gone on to Naples this morning, so looking unlikely to be Villa related after all.

Sorry!

Nicola Cortese? 

Edit - Probably SHA related, I am thinking Gianni Paladini.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Birmingham shares suspended on the HK exchange today suggesting the club has been sold

Perhaps those lawyers in private Jets at BHX were nothing to do with us ?

Lawyer plane left yesterday, down to Luton.

It has gone on to Naples this morning, so looking unlikely to be Villa related after all.

Sorry!

Cortese ?????

And to pick up Rafa aswell???

Apparently Khalid Al-Baltan is a front man for Khaled bin Sultan who in the past has been linked with Leeds Utd. Don't know about the Leeds connetion but if Baltan is really interested then maybe Sultan is too.

Can someone make up some rumours please? Bit quiet in here.. Would be nice if the club came out and said what stage we are in in the selling process.

Not a rumour though. But as I said here before, Khalid Al-Baltan (Al-Shabab FC former president) is interested in buying Aston Villa, He might be negotiating too. But I'm not sure how far he have gone with that.

The rumour about that was right, He is interested.

Can someone make up some rumours please? Bit quiet in here.. Would be nice if the club came out and said what stage we are in in the selling process.

Not a rumour though. But as I said here before, Khalid Al-Baltan (Al-Shabab FC former president) is interested in buying Aston Villa, He might be negotiating too. But I'm not sure how far he have gone with that.

The rumour about that was right, He is interested.

how does shabab rank?

Edited by Morkery

I have been thinking about the much reported fact that a deal was in the works and it fell through. Let's act like that is true for a second.

I obviously do not know the inner working of hundred million business deal, but to my mind it could have fallen through for two reasons.

1. During due diligence the potential buyers found something they did not like. Our debt to asset was too high, the amount of investment needed was too great, they felt all revenue streams had been maxed out, etc. These are all just random shot in the dark examples, but something like that happening.

2. Randy's asking price was too high and they could not find the right number.

It seems more likely it was 2, and if that is the case perhaps the announcement is simply to drum up other offers. Once Randy does not find any, maybe he can go back to thw previous buyer?

I know this is probably just me being hopeful, but it does feel like a plausible scenario.

The initial report was a deal would be done subject to us staying up. I wonder if that dreadful run[After the Chelsea game] made any investor realise just what a poor state we are in - 

I think the statement was at least in part to drum up interest - but at the moment nothing looks imminent...    

Yeah. That is what I meant by it would take too much investment. I just do not think a potential owner would be put off by a poor run of form. Any person that did enough research to be seriously interested had to know what a sorry state our squad is in. 

That said, perhaps that run put it into sharp perspective. Who knows. 

I will hold onto hope Randy is just trying to raise the price. 

If it appeared they were lining up to buy us I would say I would much prefer Arab owners over American. However as it seems nobody is really interested I'll settle for anyone other than another year under Lerners ownership.

I just tweeted an ex work colleague of mine who is now something like youth team kit manager at the scum and asked him about a potential announcement today, he's never heard of Bob Rich but has been told that something is nearly done, that's all he's told me.

I just tweeted an ex work colleague of mine who is now something like youth team kit manager at the scum and asked him about a potential announcement today, he's never heard of Bob Rich but has been told that something is nearly done, that's all he's told me.

A deal at Birm is nearly done? Also what is a kit manager?

I cannot see any seriously wealthy foreign investor buying 24% of Small Heath.

I can only see 'fans' like Paladini buying in, in the hope that they can find the other shareholders and prise further shares out of them.

A deal at Birm is nearly done? Also what is a kit manager?

I presume setting out kit etc, not quite sure but he was on the bench with other staff at the Bolton - Blues game on the last day of the season as I saw his bloody ugly mug on Sky running across the pitch just behind Lee Clark at the final whistle to congratulate the bloke that equalised that kept them up.

Here in Saudi, There is nothing named an owner for the Club, There is only a president. They still haven't develop it to be like companies.

Prince Khaled Bin Sultan is Behind Khaled Al-Baltan in Al-Shabab, But that doesn't mean Al-Baltan doesn't have money. He's a wealthy business man and one of the most famous (His famous came mainly from football).

I'm not sure how wealth he is, Tbh I fail to understand if he could Buy Villa and spend by himself. But at the same time I know he understand football and know how much money he might put. I "think" he have partners with him But still not sure.Al-Sh

Shabab team is one of the top 3 in the last 10-15 seasons, But it doesn't have supporters. Anyway They have good money.

• Like 3

Media reports have said that Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan is looking to invest in a European football club.

The idea came out as a special committee of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) was studying privatization in the Saudi football clubs.

Four members of the privatization committee are seriously thinking about investing Europe’s football clubs, among them is Al Baltan, according to the reports.

The reports indicated that Al Baltan is in private talks with the three other partners over investing in an English Premiere League club.

Click

• Like 1

Media reports have said that Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan is looking to invest in a European football club.

The idea came out as a special committee of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) was studying privatization in the Saudi football clubs.

Four members of the privatization committee are seriously thinking about investing Europe’s football clubs, among them is Al Baltan, according to the reports.

The reports indicated that Al Baltan is in private talks with the three other partners over investing in an English Premiere League club.

Click

I may need a new pair of pants.

• Like 1

Just musing.......

If you were Randy Lerner why would you say nothing about the status of the sale ?

1. You really feel it is not the fans business and you dont even consider they should be kept informed.

2. You do feel they should be kept informed.

I personally think (1) is unlikely, so plump for (2).

If it is (2) why have we heard nothing..?

1. Nothing is happening and he doesn't think it would help us to be told nothing is happening

2. Something is happening but he does not consider it substantial enough to report, or the reporting of it may itself be damaging, or he is required not to report it - by other parties, or rules.....#

Now I have a fault of trying to be too positive, but I do feel that (1) is less likely. After all, if you are the Club and there is nothing happening, isn't it obvious it would help keep people onside if you told them so.....yes they may be down about it but the more you told them of the efforts and the plans the better ? I accept the possibility that people just don';t think that way but I think they would.

So, from a backwards sort of logic, the only time we would hear nothing at all, is when there was something !!

definitely 1 although I would give a vague update if there is a few bidders